Show Reservations for Oasis Class ships

29 minutes ago, robntawn said:

Yes I know that, but can you access ship’s Wi-Fi in the terminal building?

That probably depends on the phone, location within the terminal and perhaps some other criteria - if you are in the right place, with the right phone and really lucky, yes, you might connect to the ship in the terminal. But, unless you are waiting a long time to board, you don't really spend enough time in there to matter.

32 minutes ago, sunny_shores said:

I wasn't aware of this. We've always booked them ahead of time. What is the reasoning? 

Has been this way since the resumption of sailing, I can't speak to the reasoning, other than to postulate that there is no guarantee what entertainment will be available and at what capacity until near the times the ships actually sail.

15 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Has been this way since the resumption of sailing, I can't speak to the reasoning, other than to postulate that there is no guarantee what entertainment will be available and at what capacity until near the times the ships actually sail.

That's a bummer. Hopefully we'll be able to make reservations before our May cruise. We like having the entertainment scheduled.

2 hours ago, robntawn said:

Can you make reservations when you are in the building waiting to board? Or do you have to wait until you are on board?

The ship has to get to a zero count and they need to cut over from the prior cruise. So if you were to try too early, the ship would not recognize you as a guest. 

There is no wifi from the ship in the terminal. So, the best you can do is try get near a window and catch the ship's wifi. You probably won't connect from the general waiting area where they seat you. 

5 hours ago, the_woodman said:

Are the Oasis Class ships taking advance reservations (before boarding) for their shows (Aqua Theater, Ice Rink, Theater shows, etc.)?

Not sure about closer cruises, but this shows for our August cruise in Harmony.  This is not what we saw for our January 2022 cruise where all reservation had to  be made on-board.

"Lights, camera, action! We're putting the finishing touches on our entertainment lineup, so if you're sailing on a ship that accepts reservations before you board*, check back closer to your sail date to guarantee your seat at our can't-miss shows.

*Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas."

Edited by handbellplayer

21 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Not sure about closer cruises, but this shows for our August cruise in Harmony.  This is not what we saw for our January 2022 cruise where all reservation had to  be made on-board.

"Lights, camera, action! We're putting the finishing touches on our entertainment lineup, so if you're sailing on a ship that accepts reservations before you board*, check back closer to your sail date to guarantee your seat at our can't-miss shows.

*Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas."

Yes, my friend is on a Harmony sailing in August, and she says the Royal Caribbean agents specifically stated she'll be able to start booking entertainment in May. And she gets the same message as you. So it may be a change for the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Our family (8 people in 4 cabins) is sailing on the Wonder in November.  Can 1 person make show reservations for all 8 of us at one time in the app?  Or does each cabin have to make their own?  I was able to make dinner reservations ahead of time on the regular website for all 8 of us (I have all 4 confirmation numbers).  I'm guessing if the entertainment reservations open up on the regular website before sailing, I would be able to do the same thing, but I've never used the RCCL app so don't know if it will allow the same.

If you could make combined dinner reservations you should be able to make combined show reservations once they open.  Note that a reservation just gets you in the door 30 minutes before show time.  No seat reservations.  Whole party should be together to enter (not supposed to save seats).  And venue opens up to people without reservations 10 minutes before the show.

App works pretty much the same as web site does.  In the past show reservations opened up before sailing online but haven't seen this since August.  And we had a lot of these get moved once onboard because the actual show time didn't match the online booking engine.  On one cruise  I think every show got moved.  That might be the reason they dropped booking in advance.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:30 PM, handbellplayer said:

I am sailing on Oasis next week and also see this message so I was hoping by now I'd be able to book shows ahead of time. As of now that seems unlikely. Wish I didn't have to deal with it right when getting onboard and could just relax; or at least have a schedule of the events posted ahead of time so that I can know what and when and have an idea of what I'd like to book as soon as I board.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

never been on Oasis class before, cruise on Allure in a  few weeks.  For main theatre, do *all* performances require reservations, or just the main production shows (like Mama Mia)  ??  I have seen some other posts that show the overall entertainment for the week, and there are a couple times the main theatre has a "headliner" show, another where there is a comedian .... some have the typical early/late schedule we are used to, others just once.  Do all those events also require reservations or are they the old style of first come first served ??  Thanks in advance

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruzer0007 said:

never been on Oasis class before, cruise on Allure in a  few weeks.  For main theatre, do *all* performances require reservations, or just the main production shows (like Mama Mia)  ??  I have seen some other posts that show the overall entertainment for the week, and there are a couple times the main theatre has a "headliner" show, another where there is a comedian .... some have the typical early/late schedule we are used to, others just once.  Do all those events also require reservations or are they the old style of first come first served ??  Thanks in advance

Some do, some don't.  Once on board the app will let you know which do and don't 

• Thanks 1