Will you still wear a mask?

Dreamcruise27

27 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Truthfully it's less about worrying about getting deathly ill (triple vaxxed) and more about worrying about testing positive and not being able to take one of my four cruises in the next few month.

Indeed.  Pretty sad when many have more to fear from the protocols than the disease.  We felt the same way on our B2B.

52 minutes ago, terri1020 said:

We'll be wearing ours anywhere where there are potential groups of people close together. Personal preference.

Whatever you decide, happy, healthy cruising!

Same here… small price too pay for a lot of added safety. We are still wearing masks at work where we live, so we are so used to it that we don’t really notice.

• Like 6

If it were just me, I wouldn't wear one.  But if my husband does, I would do it if it makes him feel more secure.  He has health issues and he's careful about not exposing himself to other people.  (No, he is not some kind of pervert.)  😁

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Absolutely yes!  Once I got past the "I don't wanna" stage, I realized it was no big deal.

Seriously, once in a restaurant I started to eat and forgot I still had it on.  

I hope you washed it afterwards?  🙂

• Haha 1

I will, I am high risk, and you can test negative, and still end up catching it on shore.

It is a choice to do so or not, but for my safety and that of my grandchildren at home, who are too young to be vaccinated we will do so every time we go into indoor spaces.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I hope you washed it afterwards?  🙂

LOL No problem.  I have quite a supply in all varieties.  No more difficult for me than putting on sunscreen, wearing a hat or wearing required clothing in a restaurant or religious venue.  Really for ME it's no big deal.  
My main concern is a repeat of March 2020 with some new variation appearing to overwhelm ship's medical facilities or God forbid, the morgue. 
We flew home from a month in South America on March 1 2020 with no questions asked when cruises after us were denied docking even in Miami.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terri1020 said:

We'll be wearing ours anywhere where there are potential groups of people close together. Personal preference.

Whatever you decide, happy, healthy cruising!

Exactly our feelings….

On our last UK staycation cruise we had a fantastic time. Wearing masks was not a big inconvenience. We quickly added to the final comment on leaving the room of ‘have you the room keys?’ to ‘have you the room keys and have we got our masks?’

We do not cruise now until the Autumn but we will definitely be taking masks with us and we will be wearing them where, as terri1021 says, ‘there are groups of people’. This is not just with reference to cruising I can see us for a long while (regardless of legislation) wearing them in supermarkets, airports and other venues. Just seems like common sense….

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Numerous threads on mask wearing and responses from people who not cruise until masks are not required.  Now masks are not required and there's a thread on who will still wear one??😕

Why is important to know if someone will wear a mask?    If you want to wear one, wear one.  If not, don't.   Other people masks preferences is such a weird obsession.  Do what makes you feel comfortable and move on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Numerous threads on mask wearing and responses from people who not cruise until masks are not required.  Now masks are not required and there's a thread on who will still wear one??😕

Why is important to know if someone will wear a mask?    If you want to wear one, wear one.  If not, don't.   Other people masks preferences is such a weird obsession.  Do what makes you feel comfortable and move on.  

😂 I guess I will ask this question on my roll call.  

So discussion of not wearing a mask is ok, but discussion of wearing a mask is NOT OK?

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

😂 I guess I will ask this question on my roll call.  

So discussion of not wearing a mask is ok, but discussion of wearing a mask is NOT OK?

🙂

42 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If it were just me, I wouldn't wear one.  But if my husband does, I would do it if it makes him feel more secure.  He has health issues and he's careful about not exposing himself to other people.  (No, he is not some kind of pervert.)  😁

What is perverted about that???

bon voyage

• Haha 1

We will in areas where there are others nearby.  On our last cruise (February 2020), my husband contracted Influenza A, even though we were vaccinated.  I'm a nurse and I've worked through this entire pandemic, and I haven't caught Covid.  We are vaccinated and boostered, and we are religious about wearing a mask and handwashing.  My husband and I have both been wearing masks for the past 2 years and we haven't gotten so much as a cold.  I just hope those who choose not to wear a mask don't harass those of us who do.  I've seen that happen, and I've had patients tell me I should choose a different line of work if I'm so scared of a "fake virus."  My tongue bleeds trying to bite it and answer back to such a stupid comment. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

We will in areas where there are others nearby.  On our last cruise (February 2020), my husband contracted Influenza A, even though we were vaccinated.  I'm a nurse and I've worked through this entire pandemic, and I haven't caught Covid.  We are vaccinated and boostered, and we are religious about wearing a mask and handwashing.  My husband and I have both been wearing masks for the past 2 years and we haven't gotten so much as a cold.  I just hope those who choose not to wear a mask don't harass those of us who do.  I've seen that happen, and I've had patients tell me I should choose a different line of work if I'm so scared of a "fake virus."  My tongue bleeds trying to bite it and answer back to such a stupid comment. 

jg - thank you for being on the front lines during this time and I know you are very ready for a cruise by now....

A few fellow passengers will look at us but not really comment out loud.

For those patients who think that C19 is fake, I would just intubate them and possibly not through the esophagus either... LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Where we are they recently lifted mask mandates and I went to the local big box store without a mask I was there for about an hour. The only place I went without a mask. Three days later I'm sick as can be with a runny nose, sore throat aches and chills. It took me two days before I felt I could go to the doctors. We both are vaccinated and boosted but you never know. I tested negative for covid the flu and strep. They said because I have been wearing a mask since covid started, my immunity to seasonal infections is low. I have is an upper respiratory infection. Rember those?  First time I've been sick in two years.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Just as I hope those who choose to wear a mask don't harass those of us who do not.. 

Nahh, most of us understand where we are in terms of masking requirements and are 'mature' enough to respect those desires.

I believe that most of the harassment from either side comes from a lack of understanding what the 'Public Policy' is vs what we want everyone else to do.

Additionally, I prefer not to be in quarantine because of a 'close contact' situation... LOL

Besides, I Am sure that those who prefer to not wear a mask will out number those of us who prefer to. Because we understand and know the policy, we will respect those who prefer not to.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2