Shorts in MDR

hoss23

5 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

Well that’s always how it will be in  certain places.  I believe in law and order  and I usually don’t go anywhere where that doesn’t exist.  

Correct, there goes your decency and civility.  Now, let's put on our baseball caps and t-shirts and shorts and descend on the MDR on formal night.  Don't forget to photobomb the people getting portraits...😖

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

I think it is called being young.......not a bunch of out dated old oldies who travel Princess.

It sounds like many people's idea of fun on Princess is warm milk and animal cookies.....lighten up....and Princess does not enforce their rules either so that goes right out the window as an excuse!!!

No, it is nothing to do with youthfulness. It is being brought up with low standards and thinking poor quality items are better than decently made items.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Correct, there goes your decency and civility.  Now, let's put on our baseball caps and t-shirts and shorts and descend on the MDR on formal night.  Don't forget to photobomb the people getting portraits...😖

There is an entire culture that acts this  way

Edited by ericfromri
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

OK, but I prefer not to eat next to someone sweating away in an old vest. Not my idea of fun.

These things just do not happen but it is fun to hear people scream from the top of their CC lungs "THE PRINCESS DRESS CODE IS NOT BEING FOLLOWED!"  

There are a lot worse things you can eat next to on Princess then someone who interpreted the dress code a little more casual then you....

• Like 1

I will just be so happy and grateful to be on my next cruise that I won’t blink if the fella at the next table wears a thong. Black, of course, if it’s a formal night. 🙂

Edited by LidoLiz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

No, it is nothing to do with youthfulness. It is being brought up with low standards and thinking poor quality items are better than decently made items.

The elitists shall inherit the earth.............🤣 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Explain that one to me. 

Is that like a person in a suit & tie cramped up in a hot room? 😄

Someone sweating in a shirt and jacket is rather different to a bloke in a vest with sweat dropping of his armpit hair. 

Regardless of  live and let live,  not being judgemental,  not being snobbish etc, I just think it wrong that someone should be allowed in the MDR in a wife beater vest. And damn right, I would complain. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Someone sweating in a shirt and jacket is rather different to a bloke in a vest with sweat dropping of his armpit hair. 

Regardless of  live and let live,  not being judgemental,  not being snobbish etc, I just think it wrong that someone should be allowed in the MDR in a wife beater vest. And damn right, I would complain. 

You probably then need to be advised to stay away from the Princess' swimming pools also because there are some real fashion and body fouls committed out there too so you need to stay on guard and protective of your precious sensibilities.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

You probably then need to be advised to stay away from the Princess' swimming pools also because there are some real fashion and body fouls committed out there too so you need to stay on guard and protective of your precious sensibilities.....

I don't care what people wear in the buffet, by the pool etc.  They can be stark naked for all I care. I've always been amazed about how prudish Americans are about topless sunbathing, whereas it is perfectly OK with me, and I have seen some gross sights on the beaches whilst living in Spain. 

I just think that there should be one venue on board ship where some sort of dress protocol exists.  After all, if there is a smoking area, should there not also be a formal attire area ?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Hmm.  Maybe I won’t pack my bathing suit after all.  🤔

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

The elitists shall inherit the earth.............🤣 

You do know that elite means the best, no matter how much the privileged wish to redefine the term as  a distraction. The same privileged group that attempts to convince the bulk of people that shoddy goods are the items to buy.

It used to be that people took pride in what they wore and understood what quality was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, Tonsoffun44 said:

Shucks you mean we have to wear tighty-whities instead of boxer SHORTS, oh wait could always go commando in dress pants never mind. 

Based on what we saw on an Enchanted cruise (Dec) I think you could probably wear your tighty-whities (with nothing else) and nobody would care.  Going Commando might get some attention....then again maybe not.  The problem when standards are lowered is that there are always a few folks who keep pushing to see how low they can go.  On a so-called "smart casual" night it reached a point at which Onslow (I will leave that to those who watched (Keeping Up Appearances) would have been one of the better dressed.  Interestingly, we did back to back cruises and this was only the situation on the first 10 days.  The 2nd cruise seemed to have a more normal clientele.

Hank

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Based on what we saw on an Enchanted cruise (Dec) I think you could probably wear your tighty-whities (with nothing else) and nobody would care.  Going Commando might get some attention....then again maybe not.  The problem when standards are lowered is that there are always a few folks who keep pushing to see how low they can go.  On a so-called "smart casual" night it reached a point at which Onslow (I will leave that to those who watched (Keeping Up Appearances) would have been one of the better dressed.  Interestingly, we did back to back cruises and this was only the situation on the first 10 days.  The 2nd cruise seemed to have a more normal clientele.

Hank

Based upon what your experiences were on the Enchanted we'll be in the first group although we do wear a little more than just underwear.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:19 PM, c-boy said:

so my Blackhawks fan, you won't mind if the standards in service and food quality follow suit .

On 3/3/2022 at 8:48 AM, c-boy said:

Seriously, how hard is it to just be nice?"

😦for some people it can be an immense task

Um, yeah.... I can see that.....

As for food and service, Ruby has been the best of both for any cruise we've taken.  Period.  Despite shorts being allowed in the MDR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Based upon what your experiences were on the Enchanted we'll be in the first group although we do wear a little more than just underwear.

How about going for the Madonna look with fishnets and lacey lingerie 🙂

Hank

On 3/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, wowzz said:

I just think that there should be one venue on board ship where some sort of dress protocol exists.  After all, if there is a smoking area, should there not also be a formal attire area ?

I've got no problem with that. The problem that I have is that formal night extends to all MDRs at the same time. Essentially excluding those of us who prefer casual wear while on vacation.

Admittedly we can go to the buffet or specialty dining, but why should we? We've paid for exactly the same cruise as everybody else.

The obvious answer is to allow casual dining on formal nights in one of the MDRs. Let tuxes and ties proliferate in the other two venues and leave those of us who consider it nuts to be putting on a tie while on vacation with somewhere to go and eat.

• Like 1

Could also use slices of meat like some elite have done to attend ball games or just go with duct tape.

After all how many people have had to sit next to a sweaty person in a leather vest while eating in the MDR.  Likely NONE

Edited by Potstech