Elite Mini Bar

Megotoo

18 minutes ago, mtfasls said:

We had not received our bar set up, so we asked our room steward and he said they were just running late on delivery.  The next day there was a card in our room stating they did not have enough product to fill the bar set up so they were providing a $50 OBC to our account, worked great for us since we had the drink package.

Ah, so it wasn't necessarily an option to exchange it for the OBC.  I think I will ask though if we could do that, as with the drink package, the mini bar setup is basically meaningless.  I hope they will do that.

On 3/3/2022 at 3:55 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

We don't drink soda or alcohol (at least not enough to matter)...soda once a year (maybe), alcohol (me never, DH on or 2 on a cruise then done). More than once, we've traded for all water & lugged it home, only to have it sit for what seems like forever. We don't drink bottled water either. Guess we're a lost cause.

Coffee pkg here we come.

We will have to see what happens this upcoming cruise, but we always trade all the sodas/waters for Diet Coke.  My cabin steward gets all of the booze and several cans of Diet Coke at the end of our cruise.  Because about 20 years ago, we brought the mini-booze bottles home, and they are still somewhere in the pantry,  covered in dust!  (I tried the cognac once and did not care for it.)  I do NOT want to add to our collection, so the steward gets all the minis.

Soda, we always have a Soda Package, and the cans are just for my wife when it is too much trouble for her to go to the nearest bar for a soda from the gun.  

I don't drink coffee either, so no point in getting a coffee card.

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

We will have to see what happens this upcoming cruise, but we always trade all the sodas/waters for Diet Coke.  My cabin steward gets all of the booze and several cans of Diet Coke at the end of our cruise.  Because about 20 years ago, we brought the mini-booze bottles home, and they are still somewhere in the pantry,  covered in dust!  (I tried the cognac once and did not care for it.)  I do NOT want to add to our collection, so the steward gets all the minis.

Soda, we always have a Soda Package, and the cans are just for my wife when it is too much trouble for her to go to the nearest bar for a soda from the gun.  

I don't drink coffee either, so no point in getting a coffee card.

Curious why do you think the steward gets to keep the bottles/cans for themselves or am I reading your response wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Curious why do you think the steward gets to keep the bottles/cans for themselves or am I reading your response wrong.

Wondering the same thing.

I always ask the steward and dining room crew if they have preferences to my mini-bar.  Then trade it out and give it to them.  Usually, they request water or soda.  

I don't need to bring them home.

I prefer not to gift it back to Princess.

I was told a very long time ago, that there was a "barter" system for the crew.  Hair cuts, etc that could be paid off with "items".  

Gifts are gifts.  What the receiver does with them is none of my business.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1