Cafe promenades being converted to Starbucks

The older RC ships should be okay  as they already have the Starbucks concept.  When I was on Grandeur the other week, Latitudes sold Starbucks coffee and the cakes were free, unlike NCL who charged for cakes too at their Starbucks outlets.  Anyone wanting free coffee just simply go to Garden Cafe in the Solarium when Windjammer is closed.  I'm sure, the larger ships will have the same balance as this. 

Edited by Raddo

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is getting tired of the so called "changes" that someone at RCI is thinking it's what the loyal Royals want. They need to start listening and stop changing things that aren't broken !!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is getting tired of the so called "changes" that someone at RCI is thinking it's what the loyal Royals want. They need to start listening and stop changing things that aren't broken !!

Trouble is loyal Royals don’t want to pay for their coffee but RCI needs to start making up all those losses from the last two years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raddo said:

The older RC ships should be okay  as they already have the Starbucks concept.  When I was on Grandeur the other week, Latitudes sold Starbucks coffee and the cakes were free, unlike NCL who charged for cakes too at their Starbucks outlets.  Anyone wanting free coffee just simply go to Garden Cafe in the Solarium when Windjammer is closed.  I'm sure, the larger ships will have the same balance as this. 

The concern is espresso based specialty coffee that is served in many Cafe Promenades and is included in the refreshment package.  Starbucks is not included in any of the beverage packages.  Lattetudes on Grandeur is not a Starbucks, it serves coffee that is brewed with Starbucks beans, but it is not a Starbucks, so specialty coffee there is included in the refreshment package.  It is a weird distinction but it makes a difference in what is covered by the packages and what isn't.

• Like 4

I was able to watch that webinar as well, while it might not have too clear in the way it was described, I believe the VP of Food & Beverage was not stating that the actual venues of Cafe Promenade are going to be converted to Starbucks outlets, but that any venue that sells coffee onboard, will now only be selling Starbucks branded coffee.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Just not a real fan of Starbucks coffee for some reason.  Love Dunkin, can deal with McCafe and can tolerate most other places.  Liquid Drano would be easier on my stomach than Starbucks for some reason.

Love Starbucks dislike Dunkin. When on ship I always pay for a good cup of Starbucks coffee each morning. 

19 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Trouble is loyal Royals don’t want to pay for their coffee but RCI needs to start making up all those losses from the last two years.

Not a coffee drinker but I am a Promenade Cafe user :classic_wink:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

I was able to watch that webinar as well, while it might not have too clear in the way it was described, I believe the VP of Food & Beverage was not stating that the actual venues of Cafe Promenade are going to be converted to Starbucks outlets, but that any venue that sells coffee onboard, will now only be selling Starbucks branded coffee.

This makes more sense than putting in standalone Starbucks shops

I am Cafe Promenade user because I can get coffee in the morning and tea in other part of the day.

Bummer if RCL replaces this cafe for Starbuck (do not care for their coffee).  Oasis class ships already has a  standalone starbucks coffee.  RCL will need to rethink about this.  Bad idea.

I am sailing on Navigator of the Seas in May (first time on RC since 1998).  The deck plan says it has a Starbucks, but that the coffee package (should I choose to get it because I enjoy "foofy" coffee) does not include Starbucks locations.

Where does one get coffee package drinks on Navigator, if not at Starbucks?

Specialty coffee/tea is pretty much the only reason my family gets a refreshment package. None of us drink alcohol, so if they don't include specialty coffee/tea because it all becomes SB, we will be cancelling all of our refreshment packages, and just bring water on board with us... 

• Like 2

While I’m not a Starbucks fan (and never frequent it), I’d rather them enter a sweet deal with Starbucks and not raise fares as high because of it. Gotta pay that debt off somehow. 

Edited by barbeyg

I love sitting at Cafe Promenade in the morning.  Hopefully, this is at the least not the whole picture.   Maybe they will just be serving Starbucks brand instead of the Promenade Specialty Coffees?  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tensixmom said:

I am sailing on Navigator of the Seas in May (first time on RC since 1998).  The deck plan says it has a Starbucks, but that the coffee package (should I choose to get it because I enjoy "foofy" coffee) does not include Starbucks locations.

Where does one get coffee package drinks on Navigator, if not at Starbucks?

On Navigator you can get free coffee at the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade. You can also use your coffee card for premium coffee at the the coffee stand next to Ben & Jerry's right next to Cafe Promenade.

46 minutes ago, gsalbato said:

On Navigator you can get free coffee at the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade. You can also use your coffee card for premium coffee at the the coffee stand next to Ben & Jerry's right next to Cafe Promenade.

Thank you!