The Daily for Saturday 03/05/2022

richwmn

Good morning and thanks all!  @dfish yummy recipes!    DS had butter chicken poutine last week, interesting melding of cultures.  Love the Einstein quote! 
@cat shepard glad you are staying safe!  We all have to look after ourselves!  I was at the hospital yesterday and they are still full on checking you, masking, taking temperatures… it’s not over even though we all want it to be.  
@kazu you need to look after yourself too!  You don’t need a reason, sending hugs! 
@smitty34877 yikes on the heat or lack of!  Hope it’s warmer soon! 
@Quartzsite Cruiserhappy birthday to your DH and Bon Voyage! 
@aliaschiefBon voyage!

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

When I was stationed in Ft Meade in the 80’s, I recall having gravy on my fries at a local restaurant. I thought that was the weirdest thing.

Maybe gravy on your fries is a MD thing.  I love it.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, not my DH. Perhaps you meant @Sea Viewer? (But, thanks, for the good wishes anyway...)

-Melisa

Melisa, sorry about that.  Using the tablet seems to lead to more mistakes, especially when I'm hurrying.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15

Reel films. I have a box full.  My dance recitals, my wedding, my children as youngsters. My long gone parents anniversaries   Etc etc. . I have the screen and projector but the bulb for it is no longer available. So they are deteriorating in a box.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Growing up in Alberta as I did, never heard of Poutine until my early 20's (1980's). I think its fair to say it was more of a eastern Canada/Quebec food. Gravy on Fries, of course. Cheese curds, what is that? Now, I would say its more common and popular out west. My wife likes the poutine from Costco. Personally, I like my french fries with Chipotle mayonnaise. 

• Like 23

Good morning all!

The sun is shining! I know that must sound strange to those of you in sunnier climes, but around here it's cause for celebration lol. It should get up to around 50F today.  I got a lot of gardening done yesterday -- those weeds get started early!

Today we'll be going down to see the grandsons.  It will be the first time we'll see them since their kitty passed.  DD said they had a little "funeral" for him, it sounds like the boys are focusing on the good memories.

I'll pass on the poutine.  The thought of gravy on fries is just ....icky to me.  DS loves it, he had it often when he traveled to Montreal for work pre-Covid.  I would try a small amount but can't imagine eating more than a bite.  

Love the quote by Einstein!  Although sometimes it seems that my 6-year-old grandson explains things to me instead of the other way around 😉  

The drink sounds good, but will pass on the red wine and the meal (mushrooms).  Have never been to the port, thank you for photos!

Yesterday I was able to talk to "Lubov", the Ukrainian grandma who was outside with one of the children.  I hadn't seen her since before Ukraine was invaded (I did see her daughter the day before).  She doesn't speak English as well as her daughter, but she has an app on her phone where we speak into it and it translates.  So I was able to learn that her son  is ok for now (he's near Poland) but her aunt, cousins and mother who is 92 all live in Kiev and are terrified.  We cried together and hugged.  I can't even imagine the worry and how helpless she feels.

@kazuJacqui I join all the others who say please take care of yourself.  You're wise to take the day "off", do something just for you even if it's to put your feet up and have a glass of wine.  

@grapau27Graham thinking of you as you remember your dear Dad today on the 10th anniversary.  In two days it will be 4 years since we lost my dear Dad.  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda happy birthday to your DH!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, LeDemonBlond said:

Growing up in Alberta as I did, never heard of Poutine until my early 20's (1980's). I think its fair to say it was more of a eastern Canada/Quebec food. Gravy on Fries, of course. Cheese curds, what is that? Now, I would say its more common and popular out west. My wife likes the poutine from Costco. Personally, I like my french fries with Chipotle mayonnaise. 

Welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 18

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor sharing the Care and Celebration Lists.

😊 We've had poutine while in Quebec---Auntie from Belgium said she prefers her fries better, LOL! 😄I recall a funny episode on the TV series Modern Family about the French-Canadian delicacy. (2012)

🙏 Continued prayers for the Ukrainians and all others in need.🙏 

Katie

20220305_091705.jpg

• Like 25

51 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I confess to never having had poutine. Does reel film still exist? No to absinthe.

Good quote. Some people can't simplify because they don't understand well enough.

The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink, but I'll take the wine.

I have been to Santiago, as it was the start of my SA/Antarctica cruise on the Zaandam in 2018. We left from Port San Antonio as there was a strike at Valparaiso that had become violent.

It will be a nice day here with temps into the 60's.

@grapau27 Prayers and hugs for you on the anniversary of your Dad's passing.

@kazu So sorry to hear that Jose has been having these issues that are so hard on you. Prayers that this improves and prayers for you to stay strong. Do take some time for yourself. I'm sure moving rooms is similar to sundowning in people with health issues (my Mother experienced that). (((HUGS))).

@aliaschief Bon Voyage!

@smitty34877 Oh no on waking up to no heat. I hear you about it taking a while to heat up; I have a boiler in this 115 year old 3-story house and it seems to only go up 1 degree/hour if the heat's been off.

@ger_77 Wow on the amount of snow you got! Kind of the neighbor to help by snow blowing, when the group didn't show up.

@mamaofami Good to hear that your PT is helping so much. And great that Sam was approved for another year of service; I hope you can find better aides.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Birthday to your DH! Bon Voyage!

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine/refugees/helpers. A toast to the Celebration List.

Copied from my April 12 post.

View of Gran Torre Santiago

550518544_007-12_16.18SantiagoChile.thumb.jpg.8a73338cdc6d7b717c79e9b3ba91803e.jpg

Mary Statue, San Cristobal Hill, Santiago

1971580052_010-12_16.18-MaryStatueSanChristobalHillSantiagoChile.thumb.jpg.4784c3f3dab32aaefea198acf22a49fa.jpg

Monument to the indigenous people, Plaza de Armas, Santiago

1885988424_021-12_16.18MonumenttotheIndigenousPeoplePlazadeArmasSantiagoChile.thumb.jpg.0cc7ab23cb8b43f5d4d749f0b72fd5ce.jpg

Christmas tree in Plaza de Armas, Metropolitan Cathedral in back.

246942452_027-12_16.18ChristmasTreeinPlazadeArmasinfrontofMetropolitanCathedral(CatedralMetropolitana)SantiagoChile.thumb.jpg.4f453b33b0cfd987c057d6659a6115c7.jpg

Funicular San Cristobal Hill

612270563_033-12_16.18FunicularSanCristobalHillSantiagoChile.thumb.jpg.d6c7088f1dcc29efd7e8bc5d5251f280.jpg

The Zaandam in San Antonio

195817185_039-12_17.18BoardingtheHALZaandamforSAcruise.thumb.jpg.760aab91a158beefe3b3a54362a83fb1.jpg

Leaving the port

051 - 12.17.18 Port San Antonio, Chile.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. This house is also three stories and is 100 this year. I just was able to take my extra layers off now. It took six hours to get warm.At least it was an easy fix.

• Like 19

45 minutes ago, highscar said:

Reel films. I have a box full.  My dance recitals, my wedding, my children as youngsters. My long gone parents anniversaries   Etc etc. . I have the screen and projector but the bulb for it is no longer available. So they are deteriorating in a box.  

A few years ago I took my box of old 8mm films to the Costco photo center to have them converted to CDs.  Costco has since done away with their photo centers, but there should be other places that can do that.

• Like 18

Thank you, @StLouisCruisers for reminding us that San Antonio, Chile, was the port of the day on April 12, 2021. Here is what I posted about the port on that day: We sailed out of San Antonio, Chile, on the Zaandam in 2019. We enjoyed the port for just walking around and observing the wildlife (sea lions, seals, birds, and lots of dogs). I would recommend staying at the Hotel Mellatti. It is a family run hotel and they can pick you up at the Santiago airport and take you to the cruise port. The price was very reasonable and included breakfast. 

Now here is the REST OF THE STORY!

We were supposed to sail out of San Antonio on April 4, 2021, so we made arrangements online for staying at the Hotel Mellatti on April 3rd, and for having the daughter of the family-run hotel pick us up at the Santiago airport.

After over 19 hours of plane travel we arrived in Santiago and made it through customs and went outside to where we thought the ride would be waiting for us. For some reason, we couldn't find our ride and, of course, our phones didn't work in Chile. A nice gentleman with an official looking identification in the lanyard hanging around his neck offered to help us. We said we had made arrangements for a ride and he offered to call the hotel so we could speak with the owner. We gave him the number and he dialed and turned away and spoke with someone and then handed the phone to my DW (her Spanish is better than mine) and she was told that the daughter had gotten stuck in thick Santiago traffic and for us to arrange to take a taxi and they would settle the account when we arrived at the hotel.

The nice friendly gentleman helped us find a taxi and we settled on a price of $120 for the trip. Then things got weird. We were driven to an industrial area in Santiago near the airport and a black SUV pulled up and the taxi driver said we needed to pay them for the ride. They kept trying to get us to give them a debit card with the pin number (which we wouldn't do) and then they settled for a credit card but wouldn't show us the slip they wanted us to sign. We didn't sign the credit slip they had run because they wouldn't show us the amount it was for. At that point we gave the driver $120US cash and he handed it to the guys from the black SUV.

Thankfully, we were headed in the right direction and as we rode along both my DW and I conversed with the drive in Spanish about all sorts of things (me being a pastor and his children, etc.) We were hoping that building rapport with driver would be useful. When we arrived at a toll booth on the highway he pulled to the side of the road and demanded another $100 (he claimed it was for the toll). We felt extorted but paid that and he continued on. 

We were quite relieved when we saw the actual hotel we had booked then a little concerned again when the doors to the taxi wouldn't open. I think the driver was going to try and shake us down for some more money. At that point the owner of the hotel and a large man came out and confronted the driver. We were released and our bags were retrieved from the trunk of the cab. The owner asked us why we didn't connect with his daughter at the airport. Whoever my DW spoke with on the nice gentleman's phone was not the hotel owner.

It turned out that the black SUV guys had charged $1,200 on the card. We eventually had that charged removed after a couple months of disputing the charge, but the whole experience was an eye opener. 

Because of that, we didn't take a lot of pictures in San Antonio; we didn't want to look like the vulnerable tourists that we were 🙂 

Our stay at the Hotel Mellatti was quite pleasant. We walked around town and did enjoy our time prior to boarding. The cruise from San Antonio to FLL ranks as one of our best vacations, in spite of how it started out.

P1050495.thumb.JPG.e4fa7161b259322f3e0ac6648f8bfc02.JPG

20190403_140654(0).thumb.jpg.bb6aa22e1be8b744b4802f5a44ac57f2.jpg

Edited by HAL4NOW
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, highscar said:

You might check into Legacy Box. My DH is going to use them for all of our old video tapes. In fact, it’s on his to-do list for today. 🙂

• Like 16

1 hour ago, highscar said:

I took ours into the camera store and had them put on cds. 

• Like 18

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday!  Yes for gravy over fries but I’ve never had actual poutine. I like gravy in all forms though, I think it’s from living in a very small town out in the country. It was a way to stretch food. My favorite was when my DM would tear a piece of bread and put lots of gravy over— yum!

Love the quote. I like chicken Marsala but not sure about pork Marsala. 

It was super windy yesterday, always is before a change in the weather. It’s supposed to cool down a bit. 

Bruce @aliaschief & DW — enjoy your cruise and I hope you tell us all about it!  Bon Voyage!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser — Happy Birthday to DH!  And Bon Voyage!

Graham @grapau27 — blessings on your late father’s Remembrance Day. 

@Sea Viewer — Such good news about your DH doing better and I have to agree about the Tagaderm, it’s a miracle for abrasions. I keep it on hand all the time and even started traveling with some, just in case, you just never know. 

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sam has been approved by the long term care company for another year of service so I am now going to work on changing agencies to see if I can get a better aide. 

Yay on Sam being approved 👍 I hope you can find a much better agency with much better aides 🤞 

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Today is DH's birthday, but we'll celebrate in the Pinnacle tomorrow night. 

Hope your DH has a great birthday today and an even better celebration in the PG tomorrow night!

3559072B-2375-4446-B539-6123E8752941.jpeg.9909b33f3293438fe764b545294d464d.jpeg

1 hour ago, LeDemonBlond said:

Growing up in Alberta as I did, never heard of Poutine until my early 20's (1980's). I think its fair to say it was more of a eastern Canada/Quebec food. Gravy on Fries, of course. Cheese curds, what is that?

You may be right as there are cheese factories in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes.  Curd is delicious IMO!  It’s a byproduct when cheese is being made and if you are lucky enough to be close to a cheese factory / outlet, fresh cheese curd is to die for 🙂. Not all like the bagged stuff you see in the grocery stores 😉 

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Yesterday I was able to talk to "Lubov", the Ukrainian grandma who was outside with one of the children.  I hadn't seen her since before Ukraine was invaded (I did see her daughter the day before).  She doesn't speak English as well as her daughter, but she has an app on her phone where we speak into it and it translates.  So I was able to learn that her son  is ok for now (he's near Poland) but her aunt, cousins and mother who is 92 all live in Kiev and are terrified.  We cried together and hugged.  I can't even imagine the worry and how helpless she feels.

How nice that you were able to communicate.  I’m sure she appreciated your concern, tears and hugs.  I can’t blame her family for being terrified.  Her fear and helplessness for those she loves must be overwhelming 💔 

5 hours ago, superoma said:

People keep telling me that Costco (Canada) has good poutine. Can any Canadian dailyites confirm that for me? Having never had poutine I wouldn’t know the difference.

Personally, I wouldn’t base my opinion on poutine from the stuff Costco serves.  I know a lot of people eat it but honestly for me, there are a lot better places for poutine than Costco.  JMO.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Holy snowflake, Batman; did we get a bunch of them yesterday!  Well over a foot of snow dropped on us from about 1AM to 6 last night.  After that, I have no idea, but I see we'll be out there clearing again today, as it looks like another 3 or 4 inches.  The community group that should have shown up yesterday didn't (giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure they were working their hearts out on other driveways), so our neighbour with a snow blower came over and did our driveway twice - first at 10AM and again at 4PM.  The banks that line our driveway are now so high I can only see over them if I stand on my tippy toes, and I'm 5'6" tall.  I'm glad we didn't have to go out in the mess, as there were lots of accidents with people who apparently drove as if they'd never seen snow before.  LOL

Yikes on your snow, Gerry 😔. Glad you stayed in and safe.  I always find it amazing how many idiots there are on the road when there is snow.  Like you, it’s not like we haven’t had it before 😉 

@aliaschief You are on your way!  Bon Voyage 🚢 🙂 

Too many people to list but thank you very much for all of your kind words.  They are very much appreciated.  I do think his nurse was relieved to see me this morning LOL.  I was later than I like getting home and Bless Marley - he tore out to go having held it patiently.  What a good dog.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! Poutine is a great dish for cold weather. Like so many things, good poutine is fit for the gods, and bad poutine isn’t fit for the dogs. I’ve had both.

We visited today’s port, San Antonio Chile, on the Amsterdam in February 2020. We had a CC organized excursion, and had a wonderful day.

Images graffiti near the port; 5B11EBBE-1BBA-4392-B12F-92C56533FE14.thumb.jpeg.d9f2580e675aee591605c1c16febbbca.jpeg

The Casa Marin vineyard and winery, high in the cool dry hills yet with the influence of the distant salt air.

929E6ACC-A292-47F3-8CC5-4142C90EDD27.thumb.jpeg.a7e7cac66091d24bc8717033d9d3f6cd.jpeg

C6FBC1A3-4D1E-473F-B995-2525195247FF.thumb.jpeg.338044b0652f801025510672f7110e7b.jpeg

8EE19BDA-D92E-466B-A08F-03E59E430A2C.thumb.jpeg.b58eb08cc1aef61aaf33dca24069543a.jpeg

BFD9E47C-2F2E-4D7C-B4C6-A3752FEBD709.thumb.jpeg.aa701785dcc6043e155269b184a33c56.jpeg

332D9BD3-E17B-42C0-8F21-BAB6A42DDF69.thumb.jpeg.c9822f7af7c731c7a025422d2ff8d601.jpeg

54D569BC-F5D0-4366-83B5-D757786EB1C4.thumb.jpeg.256ee7c5cb88049ceb9c09cdfe2550cd.jpeg

D89817A5-CE0F-4D87-AE9A-CB446A28858B.thumb.jpeg.1479ceb82c80e2926d957e5670dd83db.jpeg

The winery dog joined our tour group. He knew the winery better than our guide did, and rejoined the tour in seconds after the guide removed him from the building.

7D10B0DD-A401-49D6-B981-88B9E95C52BA.jpeg.7c58d7ffb8bd9f7bd6bbff6178f33d38.jpeg

A worker trimming grape vines on the hill. Unlike the dog, he was happy to,stay as far from the tour as possible.😄

1576F741-787A-4AEA-87E3-04921F5CB84D.thumb.jpeg.6e7bbdcbc08ef54408c1e6c76ba960cd.jpeg

The dry countryside on the highway to Santiago.

4BFFECC0-E814-42F1-A53B-28ECC1FCF3B9.thumb.jpeg.891354ca0a3a2c318d999fcf1500215e.jpeg

Chilean artist Pablo Neruda’s seaside home, Isla Negra, now a major tourist attraction.

890035D1-CB58-4FAE-9671-B7EBD813FB67.thumb.jpeg.f79c318a57afb8a487a8bba23019a6b4.jpeg

06D5B0B8-8C6B-4644-AC7D-BC3D293E7D70.thumb.jpeg.6c0e87774c3bff50e1a442061dbe856d.jpeg

AFA51A24-EA24-499E-8841-1DE109D96845.thumb.jpeg.4957d04900579851ed19d84de4fb3a6f.jpeg

064E92C2-EF67-4140-B485-0B2F592E82AD.thumb.jpeg.ddc1a82ab92cabb8c076a0493eaf7909.jpeg

4D2B5E52-E90F-4A7D-B48B-507A1702266B.thumb.jpeg.d01a9eee7baecbbfca7d0f92b8112773.jpeg

A7CF96F7-C02E-4C02-ADDC-17BCB729BC0B.thumb.jpeg.1eaf73febb867175423f17fd16268d9f.jpeg

C9B6E8BD-FADE-4DCC-A4F4-8892B53E0C71.thumb.jpeg.ab1d8e0faf564240dd3a5fa9b5feaac5.jpeg

Waiting for stragglers to return to the bus.8DB7FB42-BFEC-40A8-A1DB-C171BE15DF6B.thumb.jpeg.53c3bbde803a3e94fb72b38e010142ed.jpeg

Happy Saturday, everyone! The warm sun here after the cold rains ALMOST make up for not being aboard a BHB today!

72B57631-4E42-4A66-B4A4-A833CF67987B.thumb.jpeg.a658d82031655e00c59b9de9124e5831.jpeg

The morning coffee view from the deck. The first morning we’ve seen the mountains since we got home!

image.thumb.jpg.cbf896023988475f50b9142e56f86ef0.jpg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

Thank you, @StLouisCruisers for reminding us that San Antonio, Chile, was the port of the day on April 12, 2021. Here is what I posted about the port on that day: We sailed out of San Antonio, Chile, on the Zaandam in 2019. We enjoyed the port for just walking around and observing the wildlife (sea lions, seals, birds, and lots of dogs). I would recommend staying at the Hotel Mellatti. It is a family run hotel and they can pick you up at the Santiago airport and take you to the cruise port. The price was very reasonable and included breakfast. 

Now here is the REST OF THE STORY!

We were supposed to sail out of San Antonio on April 4, 2021, so we made arrangements online for staying at the Hotel Mellatti on April 3rd, and for having the daughter of the family-run hotel pick us up at the Santiago airport.

After over 19 hours of plane travel we arrived in Santiago and made it through customs and went outside to where we thought the ride would be waiting for us. For some reason, we couldn't find our ride and, of course, our phones didn't work in Chile. A nice gentleman with an official looking identification in the lanyard hanging around his neck offered to help us. We said we had made arrangements for a ride and he offered to call the hotel so we could speak with the owner. We gave him the number and he dialed and turned away and spoke with someone and then handed the phone to my DW (her Spanish is better than mine) and she was told that the daughter had gotten stuck in thick Santiago traffic and for us to arrange to take a taxi and they would settle the account when we arrived at the hotel.

The nice friendly gentleman helped us find a taxi and we settled on a price of $120 for the trip. Then things got weird. We were driven to an industrial area in Santiago near the airport and a black SUV pulled up and the taxi driver said we needed to pay them for the ride. They kept trying to get us to give them a debit card with the pin number (which we wouldn't do) and then they settled for a credit card but wouldn't show us the slip they wanted us to sign. We didn't sign the credit slip they had run because they wouldn't show us the amount it was for. At that point we gave the driver $120US cash and he handed it to the guys from the black SUV.

Thankfully, we were headed in the right direction and as we rode along both my DW and I conversed with the drive in Spanish about all sorts of things (me being a pastor and his children, etc.) We were hoping that building rapport with driver would be useful. When we arrived at a toll booth on the highway he pulled to the side of the road and demanded another $100 (he claimed it was for the toll). We felt extorted but paid that and he continued on. 

We were quite relieved when we saw the actual hotel we had booked then a little concerned again when the doors to the taxi wouldn't open. I think the driver was going to try and shake us down for some more money. At that point the owner of the hotel and a large man came out and confronted the driver. We were released and our bags were retrieved from the trunk of the cab. The owner asked us why we didn't connect with his daughter at the airport. Whoever my DW spoke with on the nice gentleman's phone was not the hotel owner.

It turned out that the black SUV guys had charged $1,200 on the card. We eventually had that charged removed after a couple months of disputing the charge, but the whole experience was an eye opener. 

Because of that, we didn't take a lot of pictures in San Antonio; we didn't want to look like the vulnerable tourists that we were 🙂 

Our stay at the Hotel Mellatti was quite pleasant. We walked around town and did enjoy our time prior to boarding. The cruise from San Antonio to FLL ranks as one of our best vacations, in spite of how it started out.

P1050495.thumb.JPG.e4fa7161b259322f3e0ac6648f8bfc02.JPG

20190403_140654(0).thumb.jpg.bb6aa22e1be8b744b4802f5a44ac57f2.jpg

Holy smokes.  How terrible.

We are in HMC. Busy day.  Ashore a bit then packing. We drove so we brought a lot then repacking so that most stuff we need for our several day drive home are in hand baggage.  I may be absent or brief the next several days. It has been a wonderful cruise and we are grateful to be aboard.  Departing soon. 

Prayers for Ukraine and all those on Roy's care list.  🙏🙏

IMG_20220304_164958688.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, superoma said:

People keep telling me that Costco (Canada) has good poutine. Can any Canadian dailyites confirm that for me? Having never had poutine I wouldn’t know the difference.

Costco poutine CAN be good. As simple as poutine is, it’s also finicky. The fries need to be fresh and hot, the gravy needs to be hot and thick enough, and the cheese shouldn’t be too cold. They all have to be in the right proportions. The vital fourth ingredient is someone who knows how to put together good poutine!

• Like 20

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Birthday to your DH with many more returns of the day!  Bon Voyage for tomorrow - I'm excited for you!

@HAL4NOWholy moly, what a way to start a vacation!  I'd have been scared silly!  Glad you had the charge reversed; blatant thieves!

@bennybearI'll bet your DS had the butter chicken poutine at New York Fries - we have them here and I absolutely love them.  I do, however, ask for it without the curds, and usually with the butter chicken on the side so I can dip them.  Then I can heat the leftovers in the air fryer without it getting all gooey.

@kazuI hope Jose was happy to see you and wasn't too difficult today.  Have an extra glass of wine tonight for your fortitude.

@Sea Viewerglad your DH is healing; road rash is a tough one, because there's always a danger of infection from the bits that can be left in the wounds.

@LeDemonBlond welcome to the Daily!

@aliaschief Bon Voyage to you and your DW; we can't wait to hear all about it on your return!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2