Courtesy hold - still available?

Maya_C

I'm about to make a new booking. I don't see the courtesy hold option, just a pay the deposit now option. When I go to the payment page, there's no notice of a courtesy hold there either. Is it no longer an option for new bookings? Thanks in advance for your help.

~Maya

Just go through all the pages of making a booking. When you get to the 

“Confirm Your Choices” page, instead of clicking on “Lock it In”, go up to the  far left upper corner and click on “CelebrityXCruise”.  The option for courtesy hold will appear.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And you may want to be logged into your Celebrity account while you are searching for a cruise. I've done it with and without being logged in, and seems like I had to log in before I the Courtesy Hold could be processed.

Good luck.

Someone told me the "TRICK" to putting a  hold on a cruise.   Like others have said LogIn before your search. 

Do a mock booking and press LOCK IT IN.... Then enter your name etc, then press enter -- This will take to the screen where you put in your credit card.   Now  click the Celebrity X logo at the top of the screen and a pop up will appear and give you the opportunity to put in on 24 hours hold.  

31 minutes ago, sasset said:

I go through the booking until the 'Confirm Your Choices' page. Then page back. On the third page back I get courtesy hold and exit booking as an option.

Screenshot (14).png

Same thing I do.

8 hours ago, Maya_C said:

I'm about to make a new booking. I don't see the courtesy hold option, just a pay the deposit now option. When I go to the payment page, there's no notice of a courtesy hold there either. Is it no longer an option for new bookings? Thanks in advance for your help.

~Maya

I ran into that problem too. Then I was doing mock booking to see what I had missed for courtesy hold and as I gave up I clicked back button and exit booking it said are you sure and there was courtesy hold. Give that a try.

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

TA's can hold for more than 24 hrs. I don't know the actual limit, but mine put a hold on 3 cabins last Friday and the hold is good thru' Monday. 

In your case the fact that Saturday ad Sunday are not business days may have allowed the hold to be until the close of business on Monday.

• 5 months later...

I've noticed it's EXTREMELY touchy. What seems to work best is to log out completely of the site or, even better, clear all your cookies for celebritycruises.com. Then, log back in fresh. Start your reservation as normal and then once you get the credit card page, click the "X" logo as indicated.

When I tried doing two, the second one failed until after I did all of those steps again.

Yet another reason to use a Celebrity Vacation Planner. Yes, you have to call to place your order (unless you get lucky and get one of those pop ups on the website) but then they will handle courtesy holds for future cruises, etc. - all via email. It's great. 

I always us a private browser window when on Celebrity's site.   They use too many tracking cookies.  I've never had an issue getting to the hold screen.   I also don't get any emails about completing sailings I've just been browsing.

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I always us a private browser window when on Celebrity's site.   They use too many tracking cookies.  I've never had an issue getting to the hold screen.   I also don't get any emails about completing sailings I've just been browsing.

Firefox strengthened their position on this a couple of months ago with their "Enhanced Tracking Protection", and so far, hasn't broken the Celebrity web site when set to "Standard".

https://www.theregister.com/2022/06/30/firefox_tracking_cookie_loophole/

However, setting it to "Strict" can throw you into a loop if you try to sign in at celebrity.com (keeps returning to celebrity.com home rather than the auth page).  Not sure which of the "Strict" settings causes it.