The Daily for Monday 03/07/2022

richwmn

49 minutes ago, richwmn said:

thanks for catching that. Nieuw Statendam is at HMC today.

I try not to do the schedule too much in advance because of the changes, but I didn't notice that the pre loaded schedule for Nieuw Statendam had run out.

I'm just glad there are still 6 BHB's sailing!

• Like 18

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks Rich and to all. We are very happy with the beginning of our Azamara experience.

Thanks for your report 🙂. Sounds like you are in for a great sailing - so happy to hear this 😄 

@ger_77thinking of both you and your DH and praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery 🙏🏻 

4 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Guess who tested positive for Covid yesterday?  Me, although I feel fine.  I took a second test of a different brand and it returned the same result but DH’s test was negative, go figure.

Oh NO!  Glad you are feeling fine and hope that it continues and you suffer no ill effects 🤞 

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

.  First to see how he feels and then take it from there.

I hope your DH is feeling much better today!

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

It's time to take my DH off the rotation list. Not because he is better. He won't be. Appointments have confirmed his mobility and mental acuity have and will continue to decline.

I am so sorry to hear this 😢 I think I know the pain you are going through. 💔. I don’t think it is time to take him off the rotation list @rafinmd at all though.  No matter what is decided both he and you will remain in my prayers during this painful, difficult time 🙏🏻 

Now, I will lean on the lessons DM taught as she cared for DF during his last years of significantly declining health. And, when it's time, I will use her 26 years as a widow to remind me that solo travel can be rewarding.

Good for you!  Hopefully you can draw some strength from the lessons of your DM. 🤞 

So, I think it best to now take my DH off the rotation list. Thanks for the love, the care, the prayer. I'll continue to lurk around The Daily. But, for the indefinite future, HAL Sailer won't be going to sea. 

Please don’t just lurk.  Please post when you have time and let us know how you are doing.  We care very much ♥️ 

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

20220305_124116.thumb.jpg.177272078e201d13c1aca88de0ea1dd1.jpg

Yikes!  Amazing there was little damage!

57 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There is one small stone in the kidney.  Doc did not think this is the cause as it is not in the urinary canal.  I think he should see the urologist.  ER doc did not think it was necessary.  I am going to push for this.  I think this may be the problem.  The CT report did not make a big deal of it.

I am not sure what to do about this.

Personally, fwiw, I think you should push for the urologist.  A kidney stone can be very dangerous if it doesn’t dissolve on it’s own.

• Like 25

While it is still morniing (at least in MST), I will try to get something posted.  I am still feeling the fatigue effects from COVID.  Yesterday I went to Mass and then was wiped out for the rest of the day.  An afternoon nap, as well as 11 hours of sleep has me at least moving today.  I am trying to get a couple of loads of laundry done!  @Mr. Boston, please take care and don't overdo!  Hope that you have no after effects like this!

Prayers for DH of @ger_77and hope the surgery is a success so that they can resume an active life and resume cruising.  @HAL Sailer, my thoughts and prayers for you and your DH.  What a difficult time for you both.  Take care of yourself as the weight of caregiving engulfs you.

I am scheduled for Baltics cruise in October coupled with 150th Anniversary TA on Rotterdam.  Got an itinerary change last week from HAL, but I am so "on the fence" about this.  St. Petersburg has been substituted with Latvia,, and now there is an overnight In Stockholm.  Thankfully final payment isn't due till July (and could even be August they way they are changing dates).  Would appreciated thoughts from those who have done Baltics cruises.

We had a slight amount of snow overnight.  Sidewalks and street are now warm enough that nothing piled up on them.  This morning it looked like someone had shoveled, which definitely was not the case!  @durangoscots, glad your end of the state got measureable snow (and moisture). I continually think about Canadian friends, and admire all of you for the remarkable way you endure winter and all it throws at you!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Urologist appointment at 10 am on Wednesday.  I told DH this was not an option.  He tried to argue with me that the ER doc said it wasn’t necessary.  I said I did not agree.  

When I called the Urologist and told the receptionist the story and that we were going to Europe for six weeks she just said, we will see him on Wednesday.  

This urologist is very good.  He took care of my BIL (Eugene) who had multiple kidney stones and was so good to him.  It takes a special kind of person to deal with someone like Eugene and he just knew how to do it.  

I feel so relieved.  I just told DH that this will give us some peace of mind.

Thank you all for all your support.

Terri

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There is one small stone in the kidney.  Doc did not think this is the cause as it is not in the urinary canal.  I think he should see the urologist.  ER doc did not think it was necessary.  I am going to push for this.  I think this may be the problem.  The CT report did not make a big deal of it.

I am not sure what to do about this.

I’m afraid it can move at any time.  If it happen while we are away, then what?????

Terri

I am glad that you are seeing the urologist.  Does DH have a prior history of kidney stones?   Usually they cause no problem until they go on the move.  They can sit in the kidney for a year or two and not bother anything until they decide to move to other surroundings.  I've had three of them.   Fortunately, I was able to pass all three although the last one took a couple of weeks.  

The urologist told me to drink more water.  That is the best remedy to prevent them and also to get them to move on out.  Lemon in the water can help prevent them from forming or, if already there, from growing larger.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am glad that you are seeing the urologist.  Does DH have a prior history of kidney stones?   Usually they cause no problem until they go on the move.  They can sit in the kidney for a year or two and not bother anything until they decide to move to other surroundings.  I've had three of them.   Fortunately, I was able to pass all three although the last one took a couple of weeks.  

The urologist told me to drink more water.  That is the best remedy to prevent them and also to get them to move on out.  Lemon in the water can help prevent them from forming or, if already there, from growing larger.  

He had one other kidney stone back 1983.  He passed that one.  I don’t want to relive that nightmare.

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of DH and my grand adventures was a1996 'Isles of the Indian Ocean' cruise on Orient's Marco Polo.

On November 16, we anchored off Nosy Be, Madagascar and were greeted by locals who surrounded our ship hoping to sell fish, fruit, and other wares. 

IMG_20220307_140616852.thumb.jpg.35da85084e4a60fa4f632e0c111d1305.jpg

IMG_20220307_140658220.thumb.jpg.d785a389377a6b9a984ffc1ac9e2b2dc.jpg

Later, we boarded a Marco Polo tender, transferred to a zodiac, and eventually waded ashore. 'Wet landings' were common on that voyage and I'll never forget the one lady who did every landing -- wet or dry -- in her white high heels (wrapped in plastic bags, as needed)!

IMG_20220307_142715660.thumb.jpg.2a7aeb55b618414aa9b5f611e63f8b51.jpg

From there, we hiked upland to see the black lemurs in their rain forest habitat.

IMG_20220307_140844172.thumb.jpg.7ab8f1ed9555c9e52ba6c0b9f4e29a3e.jpg

IMG_20220307_140803166.thumb.jpg.fbeb2855be6b524f5407bec6784ede66.jpg

IMG_20220307_140933040.thumb.jpg.78fcc8ef0ebf0f52d4d3324e8fa069ee.jpg

Wonderful memories! And, I'm sure 26 years have brought more changes to Nosy Be than I can imagine.

-Melisa

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Urologist appointment at 10 am on Wednesday.  I told DH this was not an option.  He tried to argue with me that the ER doc said it wasn’t necessary.  I said I did not agree.  

Well done, Terri! 👍 Good for you!   Hope the urologist can help 🤞 

46 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Our humble abode! 

image.thumb.jpeg.bc24cf1ec604d12cbf4ba6ed5fdae714.jpeg

Looks very nice, Bruce 👍 

• Like 21

Some of the beautiful venues around ship with wood accents. The library Draft Room, the very comfortable padded chaise lounges

There is a step up with this line. Like at last night’s show we had cloth napkins to place our drinks on.

The Pool Bar has an extensive menu of beverages like around ten different types of margaritas!

Crew is very friendly and genuinely want to pamper us.

So far a very nice experience.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Terri

And your DH does not have to live or travel with the ER doctor.

Praying that everything is well. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Enjoyed grilled sausage and a waffle for another fine Zuiderdam breakfast. Sure enjoy this cruise even as caring and sending prayers for so many on The Daily and in the world is always on my mind. 
We traveled to Waikiki and to the foot of Diamond Head yesterday. In spite of the bigger new  buildings and fine new shops,  found memories from past visits for conventions and son’s water polo college trips. Temperature 77F and fair weather today. 
9A0B5BFF-3DAE-4992-829B-1E8C0885C55F.thumb.jpeg.f66671943ee487aa6d935566727b634c.jpeg

• Like 27

Looks like the Penthouse suite on the Oceania R ships.  They are very nice.

Enjoy your cruise.

Terri

Terri smaller then Neptune’s and the bath is really small. Have a bath shower which requires a high step to get in and out of that would be difficult for one with mobility issues.

Balcony is compact. The Butler just came by with a cart of various afternoon tea selections and treats

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Terri smaller then Neptune’s and the bath is really small. Have a bath shower which requires a high step to get in and out of that would be difficult for one with mobility issues.

Balcony is compact. The Butler just came by with a cart of various afternoon tea selections and treats

We find those rooms very comfortable on Oceania.  They are the same ships.  There are 8 of them. Oceania has 4 and Azamara has 4.  Princess had a few and sold them to both O and A.

Terri

• Like 16

Good afternoon Dailyites from Half Moon Cay!  Today is our 22nd anniversary and are so glad to be celebrating on the BEAUTIFUL Nieuw Statendam!  Had a little trouble with getting iPad connected to the pre-paid internet package, but all is well now.

A selfie from our balcony this morning3B19625D-1F8B-4605-8542-792ACD2BD4E6.thumb.jpeg.9e8d5268c5adc3abf30d4e0c71a922b6.jpeg 

Rotterdam was with us today

AEEE64BA-E5A7-482D-BB2B-4AAE7346EE7D.thumb.jpeg.18e93e994a99621bf34cca9eb04790f8.jpeg

Loving the ship and crew!  Hopefully more later.  Gala night tonight, we were going to do specialty, but rack of lamb and escargot is on the MDR menu so decided to delay specialty for another day.

Now to catch up.

Kay

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Good afternoon Dailyites from Half Moon Cay!  Today is our 22nd anniversary and are so glad to be celebrating on the BEAUTIFUL Nieuw Statendam!  Had a little trouble with getting iPad connected to the pre-paid internet package, but all is well now.

A selfie from our balcony this morning3B19625D-1F8B-4605-8542-792ACD2BD4E6.thumb.jpeg.9e8d5268c5adc3abf30d4e0c71a922b6.jpeg 

AEEE64BA-E5A7-482D-BB2B-4AAE7346EE7D.thumb.jpeg.18e93e994a99621bf34cca9eb04790f8.jpeg

Loving the ship and crew!  Hopefully more later.  Gala night tonight, we were going to do specialty, but rack of lamb and escargot is on the MDR menu so decided to delay specialty for another day.

Now to catch up.

Kay

Happy Anniversary to a happy couple.  Enjoy your cruise.  

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Now to catch up.

Kay

Wonderful photo.  Really brings a smile.

Happy Anniversary to both of you.  Wishing you a fabulous celebration cruise.

❤️  Maxine

Now I better go back to the beginning of the Daily.  I tend to start at the end if it's later in the day.   😊

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hello again, back from the dentist and I'm "good to go".  The hygienist said everything looked remarkably good considering I hadn't gone in 2 1/2 years (stayed away because of Covid).  That was a relief.  DH on the other hand will have to have a tooth pulled next week 😞  

We stopped at Haggens on the way home for a few things and saw that they'd gotten fresh Rainbow Trout in -- we've been waiting/watching for it.  So tonight will be Trout Almondine, one of my favorite meals 🙂  

@Cruzin Territhat's great that your DH will be seeing the urologist on Wednesday.  Prayers the urologist can help.

@kb4683Happy 22nd Anniversary!  Enjoy the NS, my favorite BHB.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1