The Daily for Tuesday 03/08/2022

richwmn

Good morning! Sitting at aft Sunset Bar enjoying a cappuccino. We just passed through a squall with rainbow and are starting to sail under blue skies. Seas are still churning enough to give us some movement.

Last night after a wonderful dinner in a specialty restaurant we attended the Captain’s Toast followed by our tour director Amanda’s performance. What a great singer and we both felt one of the best performances we have seen at sea.

Pre dinner we enjoyed the pianist during our cocktail hour. Great pianist and singer.

We have noticed there are a lot of Hal veteran cruisers aboard and many cruisers with over 1,000+ days cruising.

Tonight we are dining in main dining room. In addition to regular menu every night has a theme menu. Tonight is Indonesian.

Life is good on the Quest!

Thanks Rich and who contribute.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone. I will certainly celebrate womens’ day everyday. Whether they work in or out of the home or just exist, where would we be without them? 
My home office is very organized but that has to happen everyday. I am interviewing a new aide via what’s app later today. I filled out papers for this new agency and never sent them in. That’s at least a month ago so awhile I never threw them away, I filed them somewhere and now the search begins. The aide we have now drives but his car is a gas guggler and we pay for the gas and mileage. This new man we are interviewing from a different agency doesn’t drive which means I have to hire a driver for Sam anytime he goes outside our city limits. We are lucky that our senior center provides free rides to medical appointments within the city. I wonder how they will continue to do that with the price of gas rising. Yesterday I paid $419 for regular gas and then found it was $409 at a station a few blocks away. 
Stay safe everyone and please wish me well finding a better aide. This company charges about $600 less per week so I’m wondering what they pay their aides.

Carol

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Sitting at aft Sunset Bar enjoying a cappuccino. We just passed through a squall with rainbow and are starting to sail under blue skies. Seas are still churning enough to give us some movement.

Last night after a wonderful dinner in a specialty restaurant we attended the Captain’s Toast followed by our tour director Amanda’s performance. What a great singer and we both felt one of the best performances we have seen at sea.

Pre dinner we enjoyed the pianist during our cocktail hour. Great pianist and singer.

We have noticed there are a lot of Hal veteran cruisers aboard and many cruisers with over 1,000+ days cruising.

Tonight we are dining in main dining room. In addition to regular menu every night has a theme menu. Tonight is Indonesian.

Life is good on the Quest!

Thanks Rich and who contribute.

Glad you are enjoying your cruise.  It sounds wonderful

Terri

• Like 20

Good morning  from a cool and windy  NY.We had a "wicked"(as my Massachusetts  family says) wind and rain storm last night. There nay even be snow later tonight.Yuck.

My home office consists of a desk and file cabinet these days and it is pretty  organized.I will celebrate  International  Women's  Day .I was fortunate  in that DH and I split the housework  side of things except for cooking.Both son and daughter learned to manage meals for the family early on as we both had 2 jobs to juggle.I ate beans and franks as a kid but not recently.

@ger_77, Gerry, I am so glad the day went well yesterday and hope the pacemaker issue is solved soon.

We have had a few rough nights here but hope things will turn around soon.Take care everyone. 

I am enjoying all the fun reports from various  cruises. I will admit to some envy!

Terry

• Like 31

Coquito "little coconut" is the traditional Christmas drink of Puerto Rico, similar to egg nog.

The Best Coquito Recipe - Puerto Rican Eggnog - The Novice Chef

As an English teacher, I always encourage my students to proofread.

7 Fabulous Memes That Prove Proofreading Isn't Easy – Vappingo

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

@HAL Sailer so true about traveling, I had big plans to travel after I retired, but Covid had other plans. In the last few months DH's health has gotten worse so now we can travel I don't know that any long trips are in our future. We have enjoyed many trips together in the past and I'm hoping we can still go on some local cruises in the future.

@ger_77 Glad everything went well yesterday and the planned cruise is still on the schedule.

Mary

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

A salute to women, each of us works many jobs!  I also have a special place in my soul for my (younger) friends raising strong daughters.

We both have home offices.  Mine is much better organized now than when I had a room full of “real work” computers and stuff.  It requires constant attention to keep it in line, though.  DH’s office is another matter.  OMG it is terrible.  He occasionally says he’s going to tackle it, but never does.  I avoid it.

We haven’t had an update about baby watch in a day or so.  I hope that means there’s a beautiful baby!

I have memory foam shoes.  They don’t work.

No BeanieWeenies for me, thank you.

Thanks to all who share their joys and heartaches, pictures and memes.

My best to all, and to 🇺🇦

• Like 30

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists. Still mild cold symptoms of a stuffy nose.  Since I just set up my home office yesterday, it’s a mess and desperately needs organizing.  A salute to working women everywhere.  Proofreading seems to be a lost art and desperately needs reviving.  I love the meal suggestion and we have it occasionally on Saturday evenings.  The quote is quite true, I like it.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

Sending you our best wishes for your symptoms to disappear quickly.

Graham.

• Like 16

Good morning everyone,

Still windy here in SoFlo, rip current warning in effect from Palm Beach to Miami. Spring breakers are not having ideal ocean conditions. Still it's warm and not snowing!

DH is slowly improving,his bruises are beginning to turn multiple colors, but his leg is still hurting. The area is around his knee replacement, but he doesn't want to go to the doctor yet. Thanks for the continued prayers 🙏🙏.

Will continue to pray for everyone on the Care List, and celebrate the good times the Dailyites are having.

• Like 25

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Thanks, all, for yesterday's heartwarming messages. Each was like a hug. 

And, as mentioned, my DH's deteriorating health is a cautionary tale. A financial advisor I follow was recently asked about budgeting for retirement travel. He advised to expend more in early years as health may not allow it later. His mantra:

Ages 65-75: GO! GO! GO!

Ages 75-85: Go, but perhaps slow.

Ages 85-on: It's often NO go…

I'm glad we went, went, went while my DH was able as I have those adventures along with his love to treasure and sustain me through whatever lies ahead…

So, no matter your current age, may you each GO! GO! GO! as long as life allows.

With deep thanks,

-Melisa

Very well said. 

Sending prayers your way.  

Mary

• Like 23

I have a few moments to catch up on the news here.  Thanks to all who post and for the lists and pictures.  This is a bright spot to visit.  I haven't posted lately.  Things are well here but too busy!  

Thinking of all on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have an awesome day everyone.  

• Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I like today’s meal suggestion but it’s not on the menu today.  DH really likes today’s drink.  He tried a pre made version and it wasn’t nearly as good as the homemade drink his family makes.

My home office is usually organized until one of the fur babies decides to rearrange things.😅

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.5919a43ef7ed86d8289e114d922df756.png

• Like 30

Good morning all!

We're having a wet morning here, heading for high 40's F and then sun for a couple days -- but "frozen mix" later in the week (groan).  

My home office seems to always need organizing (like @ger_77 mine is also a sewing/travel prep room.)  A big salute to all women.  You had me at proofreading.  I guess my years as a legal secretary during the early years of our marriage molded me for life.  I go a bit nuts when I see errors -- and as already said, some of the worst offenders are highly educated and professional people.  I agree that spell check has spoiled many people, who think that will cover for them so they don't proofread. 

The quote is so true, will pass on the meal and drink (a bit sweet for my tastes) but the wine sounds good.  Have never been to the port, I look forward to any photos. 

Prayers to all on the care list and a big shout out to all on the celebrations list.

• Like 26

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

International (Working) Women’s Day

I was always amused at the look on my mom's face when people asked her if she worked. I had four brothers and four sisters while growing up (I am four of nine). My parents also took in foster children, mostly infants. Mom instilled in all of us a great work ethic by example.

• Like 25

Good morning all!  Late for me to get to the computer, but today was day one of "the tests" .   A quick and easy gift to the Vampire nurse.  Really, she was great, didn't even feel the needle.  Got out so quickly I didn't even have to pay for parking.  DH promised me breakfast and coffee, so we stopped at First Watch, service was great, and we got home by 10:15.  

I sent a jackie lawson card to all the women on my mailing list (except for two who cant figure out the cards or their purpose) in celebration of International Women's Day.  And yes, all women work.  Even the Queen.

Yesterday I spent the time between morning post, and dog walking to make a payment on our vacation in Florida (one last payment to go) and to make the reservations for our "excursions".  All planned in the middle of the day since our BFF doesn't do sun.  On Monday we are taking the tram through the Ding wildlife reserve, On Tuesday we are doing the behind the scenes wildlife walk at C.R.O.W. with a visit to the animal hospital, and the care centers.  And on Wednesday we will do a breakfast cruise around Tarpon Bay.   I had a few dollars left over on some VISA gift cards that i got for Christmas, and I donated what was left to CROW (care and rehabilitation of wildlife).  Thursday off to the shell museum, and then Friday and Saturday?  I'll be at the beach, and don't care what the BFF and DH do all day. 

I had a tasteless misunderstanding with the spell check on my work text last night.  I cant remember what the word was I was trying to put in, I think it was  "make" and the spell check wanted to change it to "masturbate".  How and why I have no idea.  Luckily I proofed it before it got sent to the boss.  That would have been not so funny.

Since my doc put me on my diabetes diet, and I took franks out of my diet, I found that I just cant eat them anymore.  When I moved back in with my folks after college, I was responsible for fixing Saturday night dinner, and for the first few months I fed them franks and beans.  I then learned how to make gourmet burgers, and we were done with the beans.

@grapau27Thank you so much for posting the Sunday Service.  I know someone tried on Sunday to do so, but when I clicked on the link, I got a DANGER notice, and backed out.

@cat shepard this had me spewing my fresh gulp of coffee-1851F677-11B6-4DC4-AA43-A78F25C1F9AB.jpeg.34dc1f73e96a668d937dfea5c641b941.jpeg

il_fullxfull.651076727_ktz3.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  Good days today. My old home office is now Craig’s home office and I leave it alone. Yay for Working Women’s Day and proofreading is important to help with reading. 

I have never had today’s meal suggestion and don’t think I’ll start, it just doesn’t appeal, separately yes but together no. 

Graham @grapau27 — thank you for sharing the sermon. I hope you don’t mind but I posted it on Sunday afternoon when I realized that you were probably very busy enjoying your getaway. 

Denise @DeeniEncinitas — good to see you post. Enjoy your cruise!

@Mr. Boston — I hope your symptoms stay mild. Get well soon!

Melisa @HAL Sailer — I am so sorry about your DH’s decline. Thank you for posting about it and sharing your burden. I love what your planner suggested and it’s the main reason why we decided to do our Med trip this spring. God bless. 

Gerry @ger_77 — great news about DH!  Keep us updated on the pacemaker surgery. Which ship is the November cruise?  I’m wondering if it is similar to our spring cruise because we sail from Barcelona too. 

Terri @Cruzin Terri — thinking of your DH and good wishes for the appointment tomorrow. BTW, I’m not sure about what your trip is, whether it is a cruise or land trip. I’m sure the doctor tomorrow will be helpful. 

@kb4683 — Happy Anniversary yesterday!

Bruce @aliaschief — your cruise sounds amazing!  Thank you for sharing. 

Robin @Live4cruises — I meant to tell you the other day, on namesake day, that I have always liked the name Robin. 

And lastly, I made the chicken pot pie on Sunday in individual servings. It was so nice having everything in the freezer, including the pastry. 

3004A78E-046E-4D35-953C-6C92C2F956B0.thumb.jpeg.faed64d79b4a6b97dc70f306c9bd3e3f.jpeg

95186F35-260E-4D01-A464-50AE8356FB75.thumb.jpeg.ef60f3e21e1c9a82155b3c25b76913e0.jpeg

39E6F962-7C92-4352-BBF8-B53D797ED614.thumb.jpeg.ef463ba9fa819118476f6f21110678d1.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27Thank you so much for posting the Sunday Service.  I know someone tried on Sunday to do so, but when I clicked on the link, I got a DANGER notice, and backed out.

That was me and I thought I posted it safely, just like I would have with any other video I would post.  Sorry you got a danger notification. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1