Drink Package Question

kebrown

We have the Always Included Classic Beverage Package.  I know that if we were to order a drink that costs more that the Classic Package limit, we pay the difference in price plus a 20% tip.  My question is, will the 20% tip charged to us be based on the total price of the drink or will it be on just the difference in price that we are being charged for?

1 minute ago, kebrown said:

We have the Always Included Classic Beverage Package.  I know that if we were to order a drink that costs more that the Classic Package limit, we pay the difference in price plus a 20% tip.  My question is, will the 20% tip charged to us be based on the total price of the drink or will it be on just the difference in price that we are being charged for?

On the difference. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kimlovesfl said:

For $10 more per day, plus additional gratuity, you can upgrade to the premium package.

For me, I don't think I will need to upgrade.  Most of what I drink is already covered under the Classic Package.  However, I would like to occasionally try one of the more expensive drinks.  I think I will just pay the difference when I want to try something that is not covered under the Classic Package.

• Like 1

When I called to ask the price to upgrade the drink package, they told me I'd still have to pay the $69/day.  We have the classic beverage package already.  I wouldn't mind the $10 additional but it would be crazy to pay $69.  Did they give me incorrect information?

12 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

When I called to ask the price to upgrade the drink package, they told me I'd still have to pay the $69/day.  We have the classic beverage package already.  I wouldn't mind the $10 additional but it would be crazy to pay $69.  Did they give me incorrect information?

I believe you were given incorrect information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

Yes, they gave you very bad information. As @360Guyand @kimlovesfl stated, it should be $10/pp/pd (plus 20% gratuity) to upgrade from Classic to Premium). We did that on our cruise that sails this coming weekend.

I've never been able to upgrade online, only via a phone call. If the agent tells you it will cost full price, ask for a supervisor (or call back). 

If only one of your party likes the "finer" (aka more expensive) items, you can upgrade only one of you. It is against the rules (and I strongly advise against) only upgrading one person and trying to share it. You don't want to end up being called to the brig 😨

The advantage to the premium (for me) really hinges on nicer wines, bubbly water at dinner, smoothies, and sipping rums/bourbons. And not having a crazy, nine page itemized bill at the end of the cruise!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

Yes, incorrect. You can upgrade on board at any bar..they will like it..they get a cut of the upgrade. $12.00 PPPD…all in, grats and all. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

I thought you could upgrade from Classic to Premium on-line under your account. If so, when does this option appear on your reservation and does it showup under DRINKS?

I have been able to do this for some cruises and not for others. The option to upgrade online, if it does appear, usually shows up 7-10 days after booking, in my experience. For my Equinox sailing in January, I never got the option to upgrade online, just a banner advertising a phone number for me to call to do so. We just upgraded the first day we were onboard for that sailing. For my upcoming B2B on the Summit, I got the option to upgrade online for both legs and did so through the Cruise Planner using my onboard credit. I have no idea why it's different for different sailings. However, you can call anytime or just do it onboard. Don't NEED to do it online.

19 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

That’s incorrect info, call back & talk to someone else

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Good to know you can do it onboard for that price.  My TA told me I would have to buy the Elevate package to get premium.

You can also upgrade in the planner for the same price, although onboard you can wait a day or two and see if it’s worth it for you.

I’m surprised a TA wouldn’t know you can do a drinks package upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

You can also upgrade in the planner for the same price, although onboard you can wait a day or two and see if it’s worth it for you.

I’m surprised a TA wouldn’t know you can do a drinks package upgrade.

Yeah, I am a little surprised too.  One told me $30 per person per day to upgrade, and maybe that one was also thinking of the Elevate package.