Favorite or goto Medallion accessorie

Yehootu

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:30 PM, EDDY0827 said:

You can try out/on various accessories at the OM kiosk.

is it open immediately upon boarding? i know normal stores dont open till you are out at sea. the princess site says 6 bucks to ship anything and i may prefer to wait til im on the ship to make sure the watch band fits correctly. 

On 3/15/2022 at 3:18 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have the silver one and I really like it.  

I got the same on my last cruise.  While it is pricey ($54 bought on board IIRC) I plan to get my monies worth out of it (just completed 10 cruise, a 7 day this summer and  28 day one in a year).  I too like it.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:05 AM, INeedAMaiTai said:

There's also new artwork you can order for your medallion, which I think is a sort of dumb idea, yet I fully fed into it and ordered a rainbow medallion...it's cute!  LOL 🤣

Hey I got mine with my Birthday Cake!!! Lol 

so excited!! Haha 

36 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I got the same on my last cruise.  While it is pricey ($54 bought on board IIRC) I plan to get my monies worth out of it (just completed 10 cruise, a 7 day this summer and  28 day one in a year).  I too like it.

This will be the sixth cruise that I’ve worn it on. I’m happy with it.

There are 11 different ones that hold the Medallion on eBay. I purchased a few. from 10-20 dollars. 

From a pin on to a awesome pendant beautiful gold with rhinestones surrounding it. Different length necklaces to choose from which are included and free shipping. can't beat it. I always get stopped and asked where did I get that it is beautiful. I smile.

Pendant gold.JPG

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

There are 11 different ones that hold the Medallion on eBay. I purchased a few. from 10-20 dollars. 

From a pin on to a awesome pendant beautiful gold with rhinestones surrounding it. Different length necklaces to choose from which are included and free shipping. can't beat it. I always get stopped and asked where did I get that it is beautiful. I smile.

Pendant gold.JPG

The medallion goes all the way to the edge of the Rhinestones. All you see it the Medallion and the surrounding Rhinestones.

I use a retractable keychain/badge holder, often available from Staples, Home Depot, or its ilk for 1-3$/ea.

Clips to a belt loop, long enough cord to drag to readers, easy to remove, generally durable, difficult to lose, unobtrusive, inexpensive... the biggest downside is that since using it, I've probably been mistaken for staff every other day, on average.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, skents said:

I bought this case on the Sky a couple of cruises ago. Its thin profile fits nicely in my pocket, but is big enough that it is hard to misplace.  It can be used with a lanyard. 

Medallion1.jpg

Medallion2.jpg

You have to buy those cases now?

3 hours ago, skents said:

The case was $3 or $4.  The flag insert was $3.  They had a large selection of inserts. 

The landyard with just a plain Princess logo insert used to come free with the medallions when the medallion cruises first started along with the blue wrist bands. Guess nothing lasts forever 😏 Good thing I didn't throw them away.

Edited by Moondogy

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

Would someone please be able to grab a tape measure and give me the exact size of the MEDALLION? Looking at holders on eBay and wondering if they will fit. Thanks.

It is the same size of an apple air tag.  

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Would someone please be able to grab a tape measure and give me the exact size of the MEDALLION? Looking at holders on eBay and wondering if they will fit. Thanks.

Here is the previous template for making medallion inserts.

image.png.02378d5ce5e415f80de413200f24ef4e.png

Thrak Medallion Insert courtesy of masterty - December 2019

image.png.d0d1c1e12f1de4ff32997d36ffc31be6.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

30 mm enter on eBay princess medallion holder pendant.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:26 AM, skynight said:

We placed ours in our pocket. No issues.

I did this also.....I also lost it and went to guest services for a replacement and they gave me one the size of a credit card......even better.

I cannot imagine buying Princess jewelry to wear it but perhaps that helped with the business case.  It is only a keycard and ship ID and does nothing else. We just got off the Sky Monday and we never used it for anything else but that.  

On 3/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, rjack22 said:

Have any of you tried the bracelet option?   I am drawn to that but I am afraid it will be the most costly option.   Does anyone know how much?   Is there a choice of gold tone or silver tone?

I have it and love it. It’s seems super durable as well. The bracelets are sized and hinged so they will find one that fits you well.