Our cruise disappeared from the RCI website

Last night my Royal Caribbean page showed no upcoming cruises as well. We have numerous cruises booked with several paid in full.

I didn’t give it a second thought, and figured it was an IT issue.  

OP-  I would not be too concerned.  Check  today and let us know if the issue is resolved. I will check my account later on. 

Edited by cruisegirl1

Little tinkers Royal Caribbean in that respect.

We had a short cruise from Singapore on Quantum booked for March 2021 which suddenly morphed into a repositioning cruise to Japan,when I queried it with Customer Services I got an email saying that the cruise I had booked had never existed,very impressed!😕

All academic as Covid made sure that it all went pear shaped in the end anyway & Quantum is still in Singapore where we left her in October 2019!

Finally contacted RCCL and they stated my cruise had been cancelled.  Really stunned me.   From printing docs yesterday to no cruise today.   Have been trying to contact my agent.

Has this ever happened to anyone and what was the outcome. 

17 minutes ago, yancycruiser said:

Finally contacted RCCL and they stated my cruise had been cancelled.  Really stunned me.   From printing docs yesterday to no cruise today.   Have been trying to contact my agent.

Are you sure final payment was made and you have a zero balance invoice showing that?  Seeing as it disappeared right after final payment date, sounds like that is the issue.  Did you TA actually process final payment?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

And this is why I book directly with the cruise line.  No questions about payment being posted.  With agencies, there's always some doubt on what posts when.

I disagree.  75% of all cruises are booked via TA's, and the vast majority of TA's are very reputable and recognized as professional sales extensions of the cruise lines.   The vast majority are also reputable regarding payments, which should be made directly to the cruise line. 

To assure this, I would never deal with any TA that took payment to the agency directly.  All payments should be processed by the TA on your behalf directly to the cruise line with receipt of payment in the form of a revised booking confirmation both from the agency and the cruise line.  This is how it has been done in our experience and we have never had any issues with payment.

Many TA's will also request final payment up to a week ahead of the actual final payment date. This is done for positive reasons to assure no issues with processing the payment and to allow enough time to have any issues resolved prior to the actual payment date so as not to jeopardize your cruise. 

• Like 1

A system problem is randomly canceling some fully paid bookings on the final payment date...both direct and TA bookings.   There are other reports here plus we heard of others on our sailings.  The first sailing of our fully paid B2B in February was hit.  The second sailing was fine.  The first time they fixed our booking it canceled itself again a few days later.  The final fix took 3 weeks and many calls.  

Keep track of any cruise planner purchases because they get canceled too and you need to re-book and pay again.  btw- The refunds for the items that got cancelled don't process as usual (part of the system problem) so you will need to chase after those with the customer resolutions team who work with the accounting department.  A very long process which is still dragging out.        

• Like 3

3 hours ago, yancycruiser said:

Yes it happens and yes it is very upsetting.  However it can be resolved if this was Royal’s mistake.  Trust in your TA, let them do their job, even if it takes a day or two now that it’s the weekend. 

• Like 1

There's no mention of this on the roll call page for Harmony April 10. The FB group for that cruise is private so I can't see if it is discussed there. 

Did the RC rep tell you the entire cruise is canceled, or your reservation is canceled?

Edited by SG65CB

Rest if the story.   Our agent contacted RCI and here is what happened.   First, we were suppose to cruise January 10th and we moved to April 10th.   Due to tremendous backlog, it took RCI about five weeks to apply the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to the new cruise.   They erred in applying to my wife's FCC leaving a balance.  Amazing that no one I talked with could or would tell me that.   My agent got it squared away and I am all set.   Even have the same check in time at noon.   Sure was stressful for awhile.   Now have only 27 days days to cruise.  Hoping that they change the date for negative testing to three days prior.   

• Like 4

On 3/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

I disagree.  75% of all cruises are booked via TA's, and the vast majority of TA's are very reputable and recognized as professional sales extensions of the cruise lines.   The vast majority are also reputable regarding payments, which should be made directly to the cruise line. 

To assure this, I would never deal with any TA that took payment to the agency directly.  All payments should be processed by the TA on your behalf directly to the cruise line with receipt of payment in the form of a revised booking confirmation both from the agency and the cruise line.  This is how it has been done in our experience and we have never had any issues with payment.

Many TA's will also request final payment up to a week ahead of the actual final payment date. This is done for positive reasons to assure no issues with processing the payment and to allow enough time to have any issues resolved prior to the actual payment date so as not to jeopardize your cruise. 

EXACTLY.

My TA wants final payment 10 days before the RCI deadline.  Payment is directly to RCI.  And I get a revised booking confirmation immediately showing a 0 balance due.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

ITA

I've never heard of paying an agency. I'm not saying they don't exist. But every agency that I've ever dealt with makes the payment directly to the vendor. So the guest would see the payment to RCCL on their cc statemen

Edited by dcgrumpy