The Daily for Monday 03/14/2022

richwmn

Best Pi jokes my students told today:

Why should you never talk to Pi?  Because they will go on and on forever.
Why did Pi fail their driver's test?  Because it didn't know when to stop.
What are 3.14% of sailors?  Pi-rates
What did Pi say when asked if they could explain what Pi day was again?  "I don't want to repeat myself."
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

Good morning all!

The rain is back, so that means a few errands and house chores, no gardening today.

I love to see butterflies in the garden, especially the Monarchs.  The grandsons were given a kit a couple years ago and they can watch caterpillars transform into butterflies - it's quite fascinating  - https://www.amazon.com/Insect-Lore-Butterfly-Growing-Kit/dp/B00000ISC5

They also have frogs that they raised from tadpoles. I love how DD emphasizes nature in their lives.

I love potato chips and can't eat just one.  Happy Pi day in my family means PIES, but I don't bake them as often as I did in my younger pre-diabetes days.

The "meal" sounds delicious, but full of carbs between the rice and sugar.  I bet it's tasty though, especially with almonds.  Will pass on the drink and wine.  Have never been to Ravenna, we had Trieste for our alternative port on our last cruise.  

Happy Birthday to @Mr. Boston's Mother!

Happy Birthday to @StLouisCruisers' brother!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good Monday morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Fun collection of days today, when we were in Aruba we went to the butterfly farm where I learned that forest butterflies like to dine on fermented fruit until they sometimes pass out!  Pi day is my mom’s birthday, happy birthday mom!  Who can resist potato chips?  Interesting quote today.  Since horchata is a beverage I’ll pass on it as a meal, sounds tasty though.  I haven’t been to today’s port, I’m sure the photos will be great.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating celebrating happy events today.  

A very  happy  birthday  to  your  mom. 

Jim.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Beautiful morning sailing toward are port of the day Virgin Gordo. Coffee Al Fresco. 

We enjoyed our firstWhite Night with a feast served by the officers and entertainment enjoyed by all.

Note the BBQ grills on deck cooking lamb and kabobs.

Off to get ready for today’s excursions!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thank  you photos very  nice.

Jim.

• Like 9

love these! 

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Best Pi jokes my students told today:

Why should you never talk to Pi?  Because they will go on and on forever.
Why did Pi fail their driver's test?  Because it didn't know when to stop.
What are 3.14% of sailors?  Pi-rates
What did Pi say when asked if they could explain what Pi day was again?  "I don't want to repeat myself."

Good morning and thanks all.  DH loves horchata, not hot hats which auto wanted to put. I haven’t seen one with lime either, but might be good.   Love Brunello,  we’ve visited Montalcino a few times, Apparently the Queen’s favourite.  
Ravenna is a lovely city to visit, the mosaics are exquisite and the food is incredible, the best risotto ever.    Hope having ships embark there doesn’t ruin its lovely character.  
Happy  to  celebrate  Pi day, my birthday too.  Happy birthday Mr Boston’s mom and St Louis cruisers little brother!  

some photos of Montalcino.

599AAC0C-F7B6-48E2-83CF-09D37B55CC09.jpeg

F817B6A8-56E0-4F42-BE6F-1C27FD7B6316.jpeg

C0A73BC4-C81A-4596-ACBC-DFD427036FE1.jpeg

EB2173C7-8B3F-418D-B954-2BDDA0FDBDED.jpeg

E841F010-D0EB-4E3A-BE2E-81FBA627DEFB.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  It takes me about a week to adjust to the time change.  Funny that it’s never a problem on a dam ship.  I would like to celebrate potato chip day but I’m out of my favorite.  Not sure when we will be back in PA to get a fresh supply.

Happy Pi Day

image.thumb.png.80ca6f09a8d069774ef3d2dba4420ea9.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 15

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had such a lovely meal last night for Paulines birthday that we are going to do it again tonight.

Pauline had a Maine New England lobster which the chef kindly took all the meat out for Pauline.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for keeping all the list's current.

Interesting days today.

I never carry a book but my mobile phone is with me all the time.

Ravenna is the replacement port for Venice but the transport links are poor especially from Venice airport where it can take 2-4 hours depending on traffic.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone a fantastic week ahead.

Take care.

Graham.

IMG_20220313_184132.jpg

IMG_20220313_190030.jpg

IMG_20220313_190557.jpg

IMG_20220313_191319.jpg

IMG_20220313_193859.jpg

IMG_20220313_193937.jpg

IMG_20220313_203405.jpg

IMG_20220313_204012.jpg

IMG_20220313_204030.jpg

Wow  that  looks like a  great  meal and  you  both look fantastic.

Jim.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I don't often make it to Page 1 on this thread, so I was in a hurry to post earlier, now I can add a few pictures from Ravenna.  We were there in 2016 on Prinsendam, and Tony, @sailingdutchy organized a great tour, which included us and our DD.  

Dante's Tomb

P1040425.thumb.JPG.3b0c0749f50eb53e6496eae5b8109a33.JPG

Pat and Tony trying to break into Dante's tomb...

unspecified-17.thumb.jpeg.d973ebcc54da8544e12534cbe8e4632b.jpeg

Some of the mosaics

P1020378.thumb.JPG.5e8794f5db3f6109a99b26b42b66f4f3.JPG

P1020354.thumb.JPG.c8a389eb500da349ed74c0aba21e2ec7.JPG

P1040490.thumb.JPG.3bf422e53cd562eb72538a6f4432868a.JPG

At the market

P1040516.thumb.JPG.05556cabe5c055e16650ecb6a6ed51a3.JPG

The market wall

P1040518.thumb.JPG.ffabbca4388a7d0dae43a4bd1bdbf790.JPG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I don't often make it to Page 1 on this thread, so I was in a hurry to post earlier, now I can add a few pictures from Ravenna.  We were there in 2016 on Prinsendam, and Tony, @sailingdutchy organized a great tour, which included us and our DD.  

Dante's Tomb

P1040425.thumb.JPG.3b0c0749f50eb53e6496eae5b8109a33.JPG

Pat and Tony trying to break into Dante's tomb...

unspecified-17.thumb.jpeg.d973ebcc54da8544e12534cbe8e4632b.jpeg

Some of the mosaics

P1020378.thumb.JPG.5e8794f5db3f6109a99b26b42b66f4f3.JPG

P1020354.thumb.JPG.c8a389eb500da349ed74c0aba21e2ec7.JPG

P1040490.thumb.JPG.3bf422e53cd562eb72538a6f4432868a.JPG

At the market

P1040516.thumb.JPG.05556cabe5c055e16650ecb6a6ed51a3.JPG

The market wall

P1040518.thumb.JPG.ffabbca4388a7d0dae43a4bd1bdbf790.JPG

Thank you for the wonderful pictures of this memorable tour we did together Ann @VictOriann it was  so nice  your DD Cathy was with us .  What a beautiful place  Ravenna  is to visit , I could add another bunch of pictures of that day but we are busy packing for our flight tomorrow to Ft Lauderdale ......................so looking forward to another cruise on the Nieuw Statendam , I have some very big surprises in store for DW Martha , hope she likes it ! 

Take care everybody , I know I have not posted for a long while but I do some lurking .

Tony 😍

• Like 25

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I should learn more about butterflies, I occasionally eat potato chips but don't have any now, and I appreciate Pi day (no pie here either). 

Cute quote.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine (too $$$).

I haven't been to Ravena. Thanks for the pictures.

It's sunny and going into the 50's today. So the snow should be melting. I seem to be sleeping later since the time change. Meanwhile, I've got laundry done and am about to put the rye bread loaf into the oven, now that it's shaped and doing it's final rise.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, you and Marley.

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday to your Mom!

@rafinmd Key lime pie is my favorite.

@grapau27 @aliaschief Some of us are traveling vicariously through your lovely pictures.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your brother! How can the hospital discharge Jen without a place to go? Shameful. Continued prayers for Buddy and Jen.

@ger_77 I group my outings; usually on a day when I have a doctor's appointment or some other errand. It doesn't bother me to stay home most of the time, since I've been doing that the last 2 years.

@marshhawk Good luck with the trip to the oral surgeon. I hope he can help DH.

@smitty34877 I hope the new antibiotic will take care of Tana's pneumonia.

@bennybear Happy Birthday! Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its people and helpers. A toast to the Celebration List.

Take care everyone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Just now, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I should learn more about butterflies, I occasionally eat potato chips but don't have any now, and I appreciate Pi day (no pie here either). 

Cute quote.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine (too $$$).

I haven't been to Ravena. Thanks for the pictures.

It's sunny and going into the 50's today. So the snow should be melting. I seem to be sleeping later since the time change. Meanwhile, I've got laundry done and am about to put the rye bread loaf into the oven, now that it's shaped and doing it's final rise.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, you and Marley.

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday to your Mom!

@rafinmd Key lime pie is my favorite.

@grapau27 @aliaschief Some of us are traveling vicariously through your lovely pictures.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your brother! How can the hospital discharge Jen without a place to go? Shameful. Continued prayers for Buddy and Jen.

@ger_77 I group my outings; usually on a day when I have a doctor's appointment or some other errand. It doesn't bother me to stay home most of the time, since I've been doing that the last 2 years.

@marshhawk Good luck with the trip to the oral surgeon. I hope he can help DH.

@smitty34877 I hope the new antibiotic will take care of Tana's pneumonia.

@bennybear Happy Birthday! Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its people and helpers. A toast to the Celebration List.

Take care everyone.

Thank you Vanessa, we are hoping she starts to feel a little better soon. I always appreciate your kind replies to all of us.

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Virgin Gorda is one beautiful island! Ailed by Richard Brandon’s huge estate, saw the famous rock formations the Bath and just took in the beauty.

Tonight we are dining at the French Chefs table.

image.thumb.jpeg.23e349205c561872ddeb107e7ce0cce7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.190bdad7aed904fac687e0dedc9d6654.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d3283d14b5b00013295d54def66c3940.jpeg

Well the picture didn’t post! Then just like that they appear!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

@sailingdutchy 

Currently on N. Statendam.  If you haven’t already heard, we will probably not arrive in PE until 11:00 on Wednesday.  Had to turn around last night 5 hours from Aruba for 2 medical emergencies.  Didn’t arrive back in Aruba until approximately 4:30 am.  Currently doing 22kpm to try to make-up some lost time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

22 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

@sailingdutchy 

Currently on N. Statendam.  If you haven’t already heard, we will probably not arrive in PE until 11:00 on Wednesday.  Had to turn around last night 5 hours from Aruba for 2 medical emergencies.  Didn’t arrive back in Aruba until approximately 4:30 am.  Currently doing 22kpm to try to make-up some lost time.

🤯That should be 22kph!

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5