Princess New Deployment Plans 4/15/22

LACruiser88

Princess Cruises Announces New Fleet Deployment Plans Through April 2023

Two U.S. Homeports - San Diego and Galveston – Added to the Lineup

Australia Cruising Plans to Resume with Coral Princess in June 2022

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, the world's leading international cruise line, announced new deployment plans for the United States with a return to homeport cruising in Galveston, Texas starting in December 2022, and San Diego starting in September 2022. Princess is planning return to service in Australia with Coral Princess starting in June 2022 following indications authorities are becoming more comfortable with a return to service in the region.

"Deploying these three ships to service over the next two months will mark the return of the entire Princess fleet, once our highly anticipated return to Australia is approved by local authorities," said John Padgett, Princess Cruises president. "Returning a ship to San Diego gives more options for our west coast guests and Galveston makes a Princess cruise easily accessible to millions of Texans."

Princess Returns to Galveston – Ruby Princess
After six years, Princess returns to homeport cruising from Texas. Ruby Princess will sail from December 2022 to April 2023, on a series of cruises from Galveston ranging from five to 11 days, calling mainly to destinations in the Western Caribbean. The ship will also sail through the Panama Canal on two 16-day, ocean-to-ocean transits between Galveston and San Francisco. Cruises will be on sale April 7, 2022.

Cruises from San Diego – Diamond Princess
From September 2022 through February 2023, cruising in California expands with a return to San Diego. Diamond Princess will be joining the fleet of west coast-based ships with a series of brand-new cruise itineraries ranging from five to 16 days and calling at ports along the Mexican Riviera, California Coast, and the Hawaiian Islands. In addition, the ship will sail a unique 20-day cruise to Central America, roundtrip from San Diego in November 2022. The on-sale date for these cruises is March 24, 2022.

New San Francisco Hometown Ship – Royal Princess
Royal Princess moves to San Francisco for the West Coast 2022/2023 season, with roundtrip cruises to Hawaii, Mexico, and the California Coast. Arriving in September 2022, after completing the Alaska season, Royal Princess will initially sail from San Francisco along with Ruby Princess. In December 2022, Ruby Princess relocates to Galveston and Royal Princess becomes the official hometown ship of San Francisco for the remainder of the 2022/2023 season. These cruises go on sale April 7, 2022

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A Return to Cruising in Australia Planned – Coral Princess
In anticipation that Australian Federal and State Governments will soon welcome the return of cruising, we are announcing plans for Coral Princess return to service in June 2022, with roundtrip Brisbane itineraries ranging from three- to 12-days in length and calling to destinations in Queensland and New South Wales. In August, Coral Princess will position to Sydney and depart on a new 12-day voyage calling to Queensland and the Conflict Islands in Papua New Guinea, before resuming the previously announced Australia & New Zealand program for the 2022/2023 season. Additionally, Majestic Princess will sail roundtrip from Sydney on a new Queensland voyage in February 2023 at the end of her already published season. Full details will be announced on March 17 and these Australia cruises will go on sale March 23, 2022.

As a result of these changes, previously published itineraries through April 2023 on Diamond Princess, and Royal Princess to Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific, as well as two Ruby Princess Panama Canal sailings in February 2023 and select voyages on Majestic Princess in Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific from February 2023 to May 2023 will be cancelled. Guests affected by these cancellations will be notified.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-announces-new-fleet-deployment-plans-through

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well this tells the rest of the story after the cancellation announcements yesterday.

Very happy to see that Princess has returned to Texas - we enjoyed cruising out of Houston even with the weather issues.  And San Diego makes one more port we can actually drive to.

Looking forward to seeing the itineraries.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

And San Diego makes one more port we can actually drive to.

It’ll be interesting to see the itineraries because we can take Amtrak from our city to the SD Port which we did for the original Love Boat…Pacific Princess…30 years ago. 😊

• Like 6

I am so excited that San Diego is finally getting a Princess ship again.

We were on the original love boat"Pacific Princess" on a very special cruise. It was the very first cruise line to have San Diego as a home port, and the  first cruise our of here. An unbelievable cruise.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Well this tells the rest of the story after the cancellation announcements yesterday.

The only one that's still not explained is what is happening with the Majestic Princess after its February to May 2023 Australia/NZ/South Pacific cruises were cancelled yesterday.

OMG amid the fiasco of 2 future cruises under redeployment plans I finally get good news!! ROYAL PRINCESS TO SF😁

@westcoasterJust moved from Royal Princess to Majestic Princess for a Sydney to Hong Kong cruise 3/7/2023. (Mix up bc fare & promo not protected .... lost room on supposed upgrade .... Can't get E421 back so not happy with reassignment. Don't want a high deck balcony bc I have to run down several flights for everything I do)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, westcoaster said:

The only one that's still not explained is what is happening with the Majestic Princess after its February to May 2023 Australia/NZ/South Pacific cruises were cancelled yesterday.

I don't know if this part of the announcement means that there will be a series of Queensland cruises or just one but the use of "...these cruises will go on sale..." leads me to believe there will be multiple cruises.

"Additionally, Majestic Princess will sail roundtrip from Sydney on a new Queensland voyage in February 2023 at the end of her already published season. Full details will be announced on March 17 and these Australia cruises will go on sale March 23, 2022."

2 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

My wife and I can’t wait to see the itinerary for this cruise out of San Diego.

In addition, the ship will sail a unique 20-day cruise to Central America, roundtrip from San Diego in November 2022. 

We are interested in seeing that one as well.  Sure hope that someone posts the info here for those of us who may not see it until the cruise goes up for sale on the Princess website.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We are interested in seeing that one as well.  Sure hope that someone posts the info here for those of us who may not see it until the cruise goes up for sale on the Princess website.

Could be a partial Panama Canal.  Either Princess of HAL used to do a similar run.  Nice itinerary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Loritd said:

I am also glad to have Princess cruising out of Galveston again, even with the fog issues. Can't wait to see the itineraries.  

They used to cruise out of Houston and that’s where the fog problems came in. Shouldn’t be an issue out of Galveston. So excited to have a four hour drive to a Princess ship!

• Like 1

Hi.  I had made a booking on the ruby, now replaced with the royal.   We initially booked an obstructed view inside.  This cabin category does not appear (on quick inspection) to be selectable on the royal.  Will the cruise line move is to an inside?  Or what is typical in thei situation?   Any advice would be gratefully received 

38 minutes ago, Loritd said:

I am also glad to have Princess cruising out of Galveston again, even with the fog issues. Can't wait to see the itineraries.  

We sailed out of the Port of Houston and the ship channel was the area that had problems. Carnival and I think Disney and one other sail out of Galveston on a regular basis.

22 minutes ago, kmhuk said:

Hi.  I had made a booking on the ruby, now replaced with the royal.   We initially booked an obstructed view inside.  This cabin category does not appear (on quick inspection) to be selectable on the royal.  Will the cruise line move is to an inside?  Or what is typical in thei situation?   Any advice would be gratefully received 

They will not move you down, they will move you up.  I am assuming you meant an obstructed view outside, so they will likely at least give you an obstructed balcony.  That's my guess.

Don

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, merryjewelhound said:

We sailed out of the Port of Houston and the ship channel was the area that had problems. Carnival and I think Disney and one other sail out of Galveston on a regular basis.

Port of Galveston has also had plenty of fog issues. I know I've been delayed, especially feb. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

They will not move you down, they will move you up.  I am assuming you meant an obstructed view outside, so they will likely at least give you an obstructed balcony.  That's my guess.

Don

Thanks for the reply.  Fingers crossed 

40 minutes ago, merryjewelhound said:

Royal Caribbean has sailings out of Galveston as well

4 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I am so excited that San Diego is finally getting a Princess ship again.

We were on the original love boat"Pacific Princess" on a very special cruise. It was the very first cruise line to have San Diego as a home port, and the  first cruise our of here. An unbelievable cruise.

I would much rather cruise out of San Diego vs Los Angeles.  For one thing, the airport there is so close to the pier.  And, having a port within walking distance of other attractions and even hotels is so nice.  

I'm also happy we are getting a Royal Class ship up here in San Francisco.  

• Like 7

I'm so happy that Princess is returning to Galveston.  My first cruise was on the Grand Princess out of Galveston.  The Houston port never made any sense.  It had more weather problems and ship channel traffic issues than Galveston.  It was too far to the Gulf, had no infrastructure for tourists, and was in an industrial zone.  The only thing in its favor was distance to the airport, but there are so many people within driving distance to Galveston that I can't believe most of the people sailing out of Texas don't drive.  I was planning a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston for Feb on the Allure of the Seas.  Now I'll have to reconsider.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Don

We just now got an email that we will be moved from the Ruby to the Royal, back-to-back Pacific coast itineraries 2023. We are now booked in a club class mini suite.  What do you think we will get on the Royal?  I hate those tiny, narrow balconies on that ship!