Eat when you can!

Justaguy33

1 hour ago, MikeD4134 said:

If I ever need to take food onto a cruise ship, I am not getting on that ship.

I appreciate the humor, but some need to do so for medical reasons. For example, my wife isn’t usually impressed with the desserts they serve that meet her dietary needs, so she brings on some dark chocolate to satisfy her sweet tooth after dinner. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

And the Pea Soup, the Ham and Gouda sandwich, the Eclairs, the Coffee.....

Grand Dutch Cafe is a winner!  

Especially the Almond cookies!  But the huge chocolate chip ones are also great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

And the Pea Soup, the Ham and Gouda sandwich, the Eclairs, the Coffee.....

Grand Dutch Cafe is a winner!  

Don't forget the apple pie! I could have eaten there once or twice

daily. This would be great onboard ALL HAL ships

Edited by Trapper44
correction
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Trapper44 said:

Don't forget the apple pie! I could have eaten there once or twice

daily. This would be great onboard ALL HAL ships

😀 Liked this text and your HAL logo with the Halve Maen. I hope you donot mind I copied it?

On 3/18/2022 at 11:15 AM, MAVIP said:

😀 Liked this text and your HAL logo with the Halve Maen. I hope you donot mind I copied it?

Not at all. I got it off a website someone referenced here on Cruise Critic. Hopefully after our next cruise we will need the four stars. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't been on a cruise in years where food was 24 hours.  That said I've never gone hungry on a cruise ship, and do make sure we've had time to eat during the hours the venues are open.  However, the thought of bringing a sandwich or something from the buffet.

12 minutes ago, DENIE said:

I haven't been on a cruise in years where food was 24 hours.  That said I've never gone hungry on a cruise ship, and do make sure we've had time to eat during the hours the venues are open.  However, the thought of bringing a sandwich or something from the buffet.

Holland America Line has 2/7 Room Service.  Here is the menu link:

HAL Room Service Menu

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Crew News said:

Holland America Line has 2/7 Room Service.  Here is the menu link:

HAL Room Service Menu

WOW!!!  That is an incredible menu.  Two questions.  Will they customize room  the orders from the Dive in Bar?  For example I would want ketchup only on my Hotdog, or ketchup only on my cheeseburger. 

This is a probably a reach, but can an adult order off of the kids menu? 

9 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

WOW!!!  That is an incredible menu.  Two questions.  Will they customize room  the orders from the Dive in Bar?  For example I would want ketchup only on my Hotdog, or ketchup only on my cheeseburger. 

Ketchup comes on the side.

1 hour ago, steve4031 said:

Yes, you can order off the kids menu both from room service or in the dining room if desired. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dockman said:

From the looks of most cruise passengers I don' think going hungry is a major problem.

Thats me.  I'm in an aft cabin. When I am in my cabin after a meal you can expect the front end of the boat to lift up a couple of feet when I sit down on my balcony.  

Edited by steve4031
typing error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, jkrislc said:

Yes, you can order off the kids menu both from room service or in the dining room if desired. 

I've been known to order from the kids' menu if the MDR menu that night is too exotic for me (spicy, unknown ingredients, etc.)

On 3/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, farjar said:

We bring zip close bags along.  At lunch we might get an extra sandwich, cookies or other dessert, bring them back to the cabin and put them in the refrigerator.  At breakfast you can grab a yogurt, a banana or other fruit and do the same thing.  They are there when you get the munchies.  Nothing says you have to eat them in the cabin.  Take them up on deck.  

I always ask the room stewards to empty the minibar/refrigerators in my cabin on embarkation day. We are not drinkers of alcohol or soft drinks - remove the temptation. That leaves lots of room for goodies.

• Like 1

My cruise to Alaska on the Koningsdam is going to be one for the ages.  I have done several carnival and one NCL.  I enjoyed all of those cruises.  But the food choices combined with great scenery is going to make this a trip to remember.  

• Like 3