Noise Question

jenn6743

12 minutes ago, jenn6743 said:

Hi All, 

If you have a baloney on deck 12 can you hear them moving pool chairs around at night while they are cleaning the pool area?

Thanks in advance! 😊 

Jenn

Yes as well as sometimes when guests are moving loungers around.    Some area are noisier than others so take a look a what's above the cabin your looking at.

On cruisedeckplans.com they have a Cabin Checker Tool that will show what's above and below a cabin.

Example

image.png.fb1d31ce9e411fc0405e679546ffc1fb.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes as well as sometimes when guests are moving loungers around.    Some area are noisier than others so take a look a what's above the cabin your looking at.

On cruisedeckplans.com they have a Cabin Checker Tool that will show what's above and below a cabin.

Example

oooooohhh I did not know this information,  WOW i use that site so now I will look for that tool

as always your comments are most interesting.

6 hours ago, jenn6743 said:

Hi All, 

If you have a baloney on deck 12 can you hear them moving pool chairs around at night while they are cleaning the pool area?

Thanks in advance! 😊 

Jenn

7 is as high as we will go - cabins above and below, easy access to Al Bacio.

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you!  All these years I have been using their drag deck function like a cave man, overlapping and lining up the elevators to figure it out 😖

12 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oooooohhh I did not know this information,  WOW i use that site so now I will look for that tool

as always your comments are most interesting.

The link for the cabin checker is near the bottom on the right had side.    They also have a tool to see 360 view of obstructed cabins. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

The link for the cabin checker is near the bottom on the right had side.    They also have a tool to see 360 view of obstructed cabins. 

Is this a subscription site? 

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

7 is as high as we will go - cabins above and below, easy access to Al Bacio.

The have an Al Bacio Segungo at the entrance to the Ocean View on S-Class.    While I like the main one this is a Godsend when on the Penthouse deck when I need an earlyu morning fix.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

Is this a subscription site? 

Yes and No.   LOL    They have a subscription that allows higher resolution photo viewing and some other things.   Majority of site is free.    Years ago I got a lifetime membership for about $20 they now charge a monthly membership fee.

They also pay you for uploading pictures.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Yes and No.   LOL    They have a subscription that allows higher resolution photo viewing and some other things.   Majority of site is free.    Years ago I got a lifetime membership for about $20 they now charge a monthly membership fee.

Is the feature you were using there a part of the free or paid section?  Looks like a handy feature. 

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Example

Thanks Jim! I've been using this site for years and always dragged one deck onto another to see this. Boy do I feel silly! You learn something new everyday...if you pay attention!

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They also pay you for uploading pictures.

I recently got a 1 year subscription for around $8…well worth it

26 minutes ago, ORV said:

Is the feature you were using there a part of the free or paid section?  Looks like a handy feature. 

I tried it on the non-members side before I initially posted just to make sure.     I also like that our can view pictures and movies of each room that has them attached.  

1 hour ago, bjahil47 said:

We love Equinox Deck 12 Aft and never hear any noise.

I am a light sleeper and can hear movement above me.  I try to get a room above and below me just to be safe (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks Jim! I've been using this site for years and always dragged one deck onto another to see this. Boy do I feel silly! You learn something new everyday...if you pay attention!

You aren't alone.   Blush!        I was just looking around and found it by accident.   They have a lot of hidden gems. 

The 360 View of obstructed cabins I haven't been able to do as my router anti-virus rejects the site because of some type of a script.   I'll have to put in an exception and try again.

• Like 1

The only time you may hear them is when they do move them and you are in the cabin

On our last cruise we had a cabin above us.  I don’t know what they were doing but it sounded like a herd of elephants above us.   

On another cruise  we could hear the slamming of the doors and a loud TV from the cabins next to us.  

We have also had constant loud talkers on the balcony next to us. 

You aren’t guaranteed a quite cabin.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, miched said:

The only time you may hear them is when they do move them and you are in the cabin

On our last cruise we had a cabin above us.  I don’t know what they were doing but it sounded like a herd of elephants above us.   

On another cruise  we could hear the slamming of the doors and a loud TV from the cabins next to us.  

We have also had constant loud talkers on the balcony next to us. 

You aren’t guaranteed a quite cabin.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You are correct that you cannot guarantee a quiet cabin.  We have had the same experiences.   However, if you are under the gym, the odds are great that you will hear that thumping.  So to be safe, bring along a set of noise cancelling headphones!