Stranger's contact Info in my Cruise Info.

Luvcrusn

I recently read another thread about a new look in the cruise planner so I decided to check ours to see the difference. I logged into my account, clicked "manage my reservation" and then before going to the Cruise Planner I clicked ( don't know what made me do this) view info next to my name. Surprisingly under my phone number and email address were a phone and email that don't come close to mine! There was no button to edit the info. I checked my profile and the info there is correct. I have cruised with X for many years and always used the same TA and this has never occurred before. Also, the phone number and email aren't my TA's either. I called Captains Club and the woman I spoke with told me I have to call my TA and hung up on me! I called again and the next person I spoke with had no explanation and was also unable to fix it. Has anyone else who booked with a TA had this issue? I'll be calling my TA tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I recently read another thread about a new look in the cruise planner so I decided to check ours to see the difference. I logged into my account, clicked "manage my reservation" and then before going to the Cruise Planner I clicked ( don't know what made me do this) view info next to my name. Surprisingly under my phone number and email address were a phone and email that don't come close to mine! There was no button to edit the info. I checked my profile and the info there is correct. I have cruised with X for many years and always used the same TA and this has never occurred before. Also, the phone number and email aren't my TA's either. I called Captains Club and the woman I spoke with told me I have to call my TA and hung up on me! I called again and the next person I spoke with had no explanation and was also unable to fix it. Has anyone else who booked with a TA had this issue? I'll be calling my TA tomorrow.

I've had that problem before and my Agent needed to fix it for me.   Not sure if it really matters.  I looked at my upcoming cruise and the e-mail is missing as well as my County or Residence and Mailing Address are also blank.  

I know in the past I was able to modify the information when I had control of reservation before transferring.   After transfer I can't do anything with it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I would suggest you get this stranger to make the final payment for you before you remove them from your reservation.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I really like @TeeRick's idea. I think I may go with that! I also just checked my Order History. It shows my WIFI, my DH's shows his. Our history also shows a picture of some limes with no caption as to what that is, but says you have to be 21 to get it...so I'm guessing those are adult only fruits. You've gotta love X IT!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I really like @TeeRick's idea. I think I may go with that! I also just checked my Order History. It shows my WIFI, my DH's shows his. Our history also shows a picture of some limes with no caption as to what that is, but says you have to be 21 to get it...so I'm guessing those are adult only fruits. You've gotta love X IT!

I only have free ideas for my neighbors like you in the Philly suburbs.  Not sure if they are good but they are free to you!😀

I have a similar story.  We received an email today that our Celebrity Summit cruise for May is eligible for an upgrade.  The only problem is that we don’t have a cruise booked on the Summit in May.  I called Celebrity and was on the phone for almost an hour with a rep.  He told me that the guest has the same name but they must have linked it to my husbands account by mistake and told me that I needed to call this persons travel agent and get this resolved.  I explained that it was an error in the part of Celebrity and the travel agent and I did the right thing by making them aware. The ball was now in their court to figure it out.  Rep insisted that  it was up to me to fix it. so I asked to speak to a supervisor.  The supervisor said

that she can cancel.  I told her not to cancel someone’s reservation on them - they need to figure it out and fix it.  She told me that she would call the travel agent and take care of it.  This concerns me that I actually could have cancelled someone’s reservation.  What if this happened to someone else and the person said to just cancel?

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from someone who said that our account was linked with hers.  She has the same name and year of birth as me and she was able to see all of my personal information along with my upcoming sailings.  Celebrity told her she needed to contact her TA to fix it but the TA couldn't do anything about it so she reached out to me.  I contacted Captain's Club and they could see there was an issue but could not tell me what it was.  They needed to speak with the other person to get her personal info.  I'm still waiting for her to get back to me once it's resolved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jking325y said:

I have a similar story.  We received an email today that our Celebrity Summit cruise for May is eligible for an upgrade.  The only problem is that we don’t have a cruise booked on the Summit in May.  I called Celebrity and was on the phone for almost an hour with a rep.  He told me that the guest has the same name but they must have linked it to my husbands account by mistake and told me that I needed to call this persons travel agent and get this resolved.  I explained that it was an error in the part of Celebrity and the travel agent and I did the right thing by making them aware. The ball was now in their court to figure it out.  Rep insisted that  it was up to me to fix it. so I asked to speak to a supervisor.  The supervisor said

that she can cancel.  I told her not to cancel someone’s reservation on them - they need to figure it out and fix it.  She told me that she would call the travel agent and take care of it.  This concerns me that I actually could have cancelled someone’s reservation.  What if this happened to someone else and the person said to just cancel?

Wow...  is all I can say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm never one to recommend turning a problem into OBC/FCC, but screwing up by exposing personal information to 3rd parties might encourage me to press that button HARD just to make a point.  They really do need to clean up their act.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm never one to recommend turning a problem into OBC/FCC, but screwing up by exposing personal information to 3rd parties might encourage me to press that button HARD just to make a point.  They really do need to clean up their act.

Because of this thread, I checked my upcoming reservation with Celebrity today.  I also had someone else's info on my 11 June Iceland/Ireland cruise.  The Celebrity rep tried to blame it on my travel agent.  I shot that blame game down fast.  The Celebrity rep gave me so many excuses.  Obviously the rep had no idea what had happened to cause this error.  My business philosophy is to be upfront with the customer/client and correct the issue, take a hit if warranted, and not make excuses.  My main point with the Celebrity rep was that I felt that this could be a security issue.  The rep said that she corrected all the misinformation, but failed to do so.  I will contact Celebrity again tomorrow morning.  And, by the way, I requested OBC for this security failure.  Request denied.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Because of this thread, I checked my upcoming reservation with Celebrity today.  I also had someone else's info on my 11 June Iceland/Ireland cruise.

And, by the way, I requested OBC for this security failure.  Request denied.

It's the person whose information that was exposed in your account who can argue 'harm' and would be due compensation.  If enough to make contact (e.g. an exposed email was included), I'd send them a screen shot and let them make their own demands.  A few people doing that might get some attention.

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

Celebrity   IT strikes again...they have never improved.

Appreciate the heads up, we will chk our res page tom.

I just checked mine and all looks good so far.    I'll have to remember to check periodically. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I only have free ideas for my neighbors like you in the Philly suburbs.  Not sure if they are good but they are free to you!😀

Fortunately I have no current issues with my account, but as a fellow Philly suburbanite myself just thought I'd see if I can get into the act with your free ideas as well. 😉  LOL

To the OP, I agree with the suggestion to contact your TA.  Although this likely is an internal IT issue caused with Celebrity, as you booked through them they would be the ones to address the correction with Celebrity.  

That being said the, as the TA would enter name and contact info on the original booking record, it is also possible that an honest mistake could have been made with the origination of the booking. But again they would be the source of correction as well.

Something similar occurred with us with an RCCL booking where my son, who has the same name as me (different suffix, however) - and similar email address - was receiving my notifications on an upcoming cruise.  Was easily corrected on board by the LA.  

Either way I'm sure it can be easily resolved.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I would suggest you get this stranger to make the final payment for you before you remove them from your reservation.😀

10 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

What a great idea! Thanks!

The only problem is you may have an unexpected guest in your stateroom!

All joking aside, Celebrity should be working hard to resolve this issue and ensure that personal information is protected. 

This shouldn't happen.

The mystery continues. My TA is located in New Hampshire. Their rep, with whom I booked was in Alabama. The area code of the phone number listed in my reservation is in Massachusetts according to a google search. X claims it's my TA's phone number which it is not. The email address is a random gmail address with someone's name. This should be a joy to unravel.

I agree.  Get the other cruiser to pay first!  LOL.

Have had this happen twice.  It happens because Celebrity or a TA simply enter part of the data, get distracted and then enter the rest; only it belongs to someone else.

Simply call your TA or Celebrity and TELL them to #1 fix it and #2 buy you a bottle of wine for your time.

14 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Hmm, mine was the reverse.

I was sent their invoice.😱

I had had numerous reminders previously suggesting we pre book excursions and Speciality restaurants for our up and coming cruise ( we didn’t have one booked at that time) but replying to the emails didn’t do anything.

I emailed Celebrity and it was quickly fixed- the explanation was that the other passenger had the same first name as me- but they lived in California and we live in UK.

11 hours ago, canderson said:

It's the person whose information that was exposed in your account who can argue 'harm' and would be due compensation.  If enough to make contact (e.g. an exposed email was included), I'd send them a screen shot and let them make their own demands.  A few people doing that might get some attention.

Good idea!  The problem with mine is that if she would not have emailed me, I would have no idea that someone else had access to my  information.  Even if your account doesn't look compromised, it may not be secure.