The Daily for Monday 03/21/2022

richwmn

Good morning and thanks all.   Enjoying the photos of New Zealand,  thanks!  love fragrance, ever since working in French perfumes while in University.   
Carol, so sorry you are having such a difficult journey! 

Graham,  I am saddened by your story,  relatives and neighbours can be both very angst provoking.      We always try to take the high road, as I do think Karma happens.  

Beginning to look like spring! 

7C0DA94F-2950-4218-829F-6310A7EE29AF.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

About to start work, but @grapau27 hug yourself, Pauline and Sarah.  I thought my family was bad....brother and i adopted, but not related.  Mom passes away, Dad passes away, his wife passes away, no more ties to me, and I haven't heard from him in 18 years.  If you guys need a sister, I'm  available. 😸

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're having a rainy morning, aiming for the high 40's F today.  We timed our cherry blossom visit yesterday perfectly, no rain yesterday morning.  And since the "kids" all work or go to school during the week, we were limited to going during a weekend.

Like others we pay off our credit card balance every month.  I haven't worn any fragrances at all since finding out I'm allergic to bee venom. And since I'm in the garden a lot I don't want to tempt fate.  As for others wearing fragrance, I don't mind unless I'm sitting next to him/her.  It seems like there are too many people who like to douse themselves in strong scents. Many times I've left a show on a BHB with a headache from the scent.  I've never been good at poetry, but can appreciate those who are.

Will pass on the wine and drink, and we'll be seeing Milford Sound on the Grand Australia -- thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor the gorgeous photos!!  I can't wait to see it in person.

Pork chops!  DH's favorite meal.  My only problem is picking out one of the great recipes that Debbie @dfishposted.  I know I have the ingredients for all the recipes, now to pick the one we would like best....that will be dinner tonight.

After booking the Grand Australia for 2024 we decided to cancel some of our longer European bookings for 2022 and 2023 and substitute some shorter, less expensive cruises.  Priorities, lol.  So now for next year we have a Celebrity cruise (had to use some FCC) to Alaska in Sept., and today will book a spring Pacific Coastal on the Noordam.  I think that will be enough to give us a cruising "fix" but not cost an arm and leg.  Also no flights for either of those cruises.  

@Mr. BostonHappy Birthday to your SIL!

@1ANGELCAThow horribly sad about the traffic accident.  Prayers for the families.

@ottahand7thank you for the beautiful sunrise photo!

@dfishaw, your story about the rice pudding reminded me of my Dad.  He loved my rice custard pudding (family recipe) and I brought it to him on every visit.  He told me that nobody else could make it like I did. ❤️

You'll have a great time seeing the sights on your Grand Australia!  I think Holland should do that same cruise once a year, or at least every other year.  Think of the demand!

You're welcome on the photos.  I enjoyed your cherry blossom ones yesterday.  You sure picked the right time to visit there.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just had a news conference, the 2 Troopers have been identified: Brendan T Sisca and Martin F Mack.

They were struck while trying to remove the civilian who wax walking on the roadway. The striking vehicle was driven by a DUI and at a high speed.

RIP💔

😭

• Like 8

Hello Everyone.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.

@rafinmdRoy, I appreciate being included in the Cares list, but it is not necessary.  We will patiently await the diagnosis.  Thank you for doing so but DH can be removed.

@mamaofami We continue to pray for you and Sam in your situation.  I hope I have not been out of line with my comments and suggestions.  Only trying to help from my own experiences.

As for the days.  We pay off our credit cards in full each month and that God we have the means to do so.  We love Dr. Seuss and love the quote.  Have not been to the port.  Will pass on the pork chops only because there are none in the house and are trying to eat up the stuff we have before we leave in the next two weeks.

i am off to the cleaners and beg and plead to get a pair of slacks shortened.  I bought a petit pair from Talbots.  They always fit perfectly.  However, not this time.  They are really too long.  I hope they can alter them in time for the cruise.

Then to the post office and see the supervisor to see if the mail can be held longer than 30 days. 

Here’s hoping.

Will try to post later.

Take care everyone and have a great Monday.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 25

27 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all.   Enjoying the photos of New Zealand,  thanks!  love fragrance, ever since working in French perfumes while in University.   

Graham,  I am saddened by your story,  relatives and neighbours can be both very angst provoking.      We always try to take the high road, as I do think Karma happens.  

What an awesom photo!  Love seeing the individual feathers.  Birds are fascinating creatures, that's for sure.

• Like 18

Thanks for the Monday Daily, Rich.

Late to the party today but better late than never, I guess.  My time seems to slip away from me some days.  It’s morning somewhere in the Daily - ite world 😉 

C63FA4BD-DC1B-4B4D-BAA4-60D8619B58AE.gif.3100e801eeb748320be54d463da2a17c.gif

Good collection of days - Credit cards can be great tools if they are used wisely 😉. Love fragrance but there are so many scent fee places (especially the hospital) and so many allergic that I no longer wear it.  Adore poetry.

AC381EDB-D141-4F79-AC9A-D6AE6AA17A5F.jpeg.66ebc5824c19c9fe144bc431a0bf3f8c.jpeg

Always like Dr. Seuss quotes 😄 

Milford Sound is absolutely gorgeous.  We really enjoyed it when we were there (which now seems like another lifetime ago).

I guess I jinxed myself talking about Marley improving.  Have a call into the vet 😔 

6 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

I love the quote and hope you don’t mind if I share it with my SIL Mary whose birthday is today.  

Happy Birthday to Mary!

AE67E874-00F7-4D6B-BBA5-8C37A6DD14D1.jpeg.e6c857349d1b5b71338e8ca89a498794.jpeg

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We unfortunately will be seeing the southern storm that is passing through the country by Wednesday.  And that is the day DH has his dental cleaning so he will be out driving in it. 

Hope your DH can drive safely in the storm 🤞and hope you and everyone else in it’s path can be safe.

@1ANGELCAT such senseless deaths due to a drunk driver.  How sad 😔 

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Buddy is coming along very slowly, but I'm not sure Jen will improve much.  I can still ask for that in my prayers though. 🙏

Glad Buddy is improving - albeit slowly.  Hopefully Jen can improve 🙏🏻 

You certainly ask for improvement for both in your prayers as will we 🙏🏻 

@Vict0riann your poor cousin - that story is scary on the ‘escape’.

Multi-quote doesn’t like me today.  Sheesh.

7927D4FC-1278-499B-A0D2-5C0331458CC7.jpeg.58ba4381ea6b6708dfa88679487ad185.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, Ukraine & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!!!

7026F711-ECC4-427A-8BD7-7029BC051C50.jpeg.ea19204da16dbba549c17d3da3aa1285.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 where they are needed.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Yesterday’s embarking seemed different by first separating those who had utilized the new app versus those who had not. Then there was a lot of confusion and disorganization on final boarding on who was priority and who was not.

I guess you did not have the 10 Second boarding experience.  

After running a pilot program on their new cruise ship Rotterdam, Holland America Line is rolling out the use of mBark facial recognition and the VeriFLY vaccine verification program in all U.S., Canadian and European homeports.

Using their mobile system, mBark allows guests to check in for their cruise in under 10 seconds. VeriFLY is a mobile app used to verify vaccination and pre-cruise COVID-19 test results.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

After running a pilot program on their new cruise ship Rotterdam, Holland America Line is rolling out the use of mBark facial recognition and the VeriFLY vaccine verification program in all U.S., Canadian and European homeports.

Using their mobile system, mBark allows guests to check in for their cruise in under 10 seconds. VeriFLY is a mobile app used to verify vaccination and pre-cruise COVID-19 test results.

and @aliaschief, did it make much of a difference if one did or did not have the new VeriFLY app? - or the facial recognition app?  Pat has been trying to get it all sorted out, it seems like a lot of hassle to go through.  We do have "Priority Boarding" on our boarding passes.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Monday Daily, Rich.

Late to the party today but better late than never, I guess.  My time seems to slip away from me some days.  It’s morning somewhere in the Daily - ite world 😉 

C63FA4BD-DC1B-4B4D-BAA4-60D8619B58AE.gif.3100e801eeb748320be54d463da2a17c.gif

I guess I jinxed myself talking about Marley improving.  Have a call into the vet 😔 

It is still morning here in Arizona and the beautiful card is very much appreciated.

I am very sorry that Marley needs the vet today. Hopefully just a very minor set back.

Jane 

• Like 11

Just now, JazzyV said:

@kazu Good thoughts for Marley; I hope he's feeling better soon.

We have hatching of our first of 3 eaglets this AM. It's the little fluff in between the open egg shell.

image.png.56c62967368676521e41541a4f63cc57.png

How cute - and the SW Florida eaglets are getting ready to fly off - just amazing how the parents can organize their breeding according to the climate!

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

Even though we had the green light from app we still needed to have our pictures taken again! New program will give it time!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Thank you for your nice comments.

What an amazing photo.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good afternoon from a cool and breezy Ensenada.  Because of a schedule change this week,  we have a day here at the beginning of the week instead of Saturday evening at the end of the cruise.

Many years ago, we reduced the number of credit cards and got rid of the department store credit cards.  All our bills are now direct debit or on credit cards with auto pay.  I still wear a classic fragrance most days, but I only spritz just a little on, since I do it for me not the whole world.  I also do not like it when people seem to have bathed in perfume and leave a scent that lingers forever.  I'll confess that with a few exceptions, I am not a poetry fan.

The Dr.Suess quote is one of the poetry exceptions.  When the DDs were little, I would read the Dr.Suess books they brought home while DH would read the Curious George books.  Even parents have their favorites.

It's been several years since I cooked pork chops.  We'll pass on the drink, but have had the wine and enjoyed it.

Sadly, we have not been to Milford Sound.  Thank you @StLouisCruisers Sandi and @JazzyV Vanessa for your pictures.

This morning, I took the shuttle into town.  The drop off point had changed, and the first block to the main shopping street was a little iffy, but not too bad. I managed to get the two things I didn't find in the ports last week.  Now, we won't have to take a day and go to Algodones when we get back to Quartzsite.  There were quite a few places here that had closed, but still plently of stores and bars are open.

@Mr. Boston  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARY!

@smitty34877  Terry, I am glad Tana is stable, and sending positive thoughts that the pneumonia is behind her.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, it's good to read that Buddy is making progress even if it is slow.  I hope Jen's prognosis isn't as grim as you fear. Sending positive thoughts that she has a  break through and can recover some if not all she has lost.

@ger_77  Gerry, thank you for reminding us about International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.  It is a shame that in this day and age, we still need such a day.  

@0106  Bono's poem is another that I like.

@Navybikermom  Sorry your cruise was not quite what you expected.  Fortunately, all the kids on the Koningsdam last week were well behaved.  The Koningsdam is feeling more crowded this week with 1200 passengers.  We've gone from 900 the first week and 1000 last week, so that is probably why it seems more crowded.

@grapau27  Graham, I remember you sharing part of the story of the estrangement with Pauline's sister and BIL.  Their actions toward her mother and daughter are unforgivable.  I don't understand people like that, and to have to live next door just adds insult to injury.  Sarah is extremely lucky to have Pauline and you in her life, and Pauline is very lucky to have you as her husband.

@1ANGELCAT  What a horrible and unnecessary accident.   Our condolences to the families and friends of the three who were killed.  I can't imagine the horror the other drivers felt over their involvement through no fault on their part.

@Vict0riann  Ann, what a tale about your cousin's husband escaping and getting all the way home.  I hope your visit next week helps her feel better about the situation.

@bennybear  What a great picture of the bird.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, thank you for the picture of the new eaglet.

@kazu  Jacqui, I am so sorry that Marley is having more problems.  Hope they are mild and easily remedied.  Sending you positive thoughts and virtual hugs.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

46°F and sunny here in NE England.

Our tree man was at ours this morning cutting and shaping our conifers.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you for the various lists Roy.

I worked in a bank for 3 years in my Teen years and pay our balance in full every month to save high interest charges.

Paulines favourite perfume is Christian Dior Diorella 

My favourite after shaves are Bulgari Man and One in a Million.

Pauline loves poetry as did my late dad.

Nice food but will miss on the drink.

Never been to today's port but i paid for an all inclusive 30 day cruise and stay in Australia and New Zealand for Pauline's sister and her husband for his 60th birthday before they decided they wanted nothing to do with us and their daughter our Sarah 7 years ago.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

@grapau27Graham, Pauline has great taste. I’ve been using the original Miss Dior since 1972!  Susan 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We had sad news from my fire department email today.  A valued member of our peer support team who comforted first responders and others in time of grief and even provided  help to neighboring jurisdictions, Tilly "Bean" Tozaki, crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.  Tilly, you will be missed.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12