Handicapped and No longer have a cabin!

Aboat1

YAY!!!!

Glad it worked for you.

When we were moved from our well planned inside, low down, amidship cabin on deck two because we were in the designated quarantine zone, they did give us a balcony cabin (which we do not care for,  but that is a different story).

• Like 2

I’m so happy it worked out for you, it was the right thing for them to do for you.

Have a great cruise!!

I am partially disabled and the crew on the Oasis treated me like royalty.

Next cruise for me will be a handicapped room and a electric scooter or wheelchair and my DD to help me.

• Like 5

HALLELUJAH 

I am so glad this all worked for you.  I am mobility challenged myself and there would be no way for me to cruise without an accessible cabin.  The suggestions you followed definitely got the attention you needed.  I love this group.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Aboat1 said:

Successful!!!!!

I just got a call from RCCL...they are giving me the  Jr. Suite at no cost!!

After a sleepless night and a letter to Mr. Bailey and a few will placed postings...I am going on my cruise as planed with an upgrade!

Thank you all for your support.

Kathie 

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Miami on April 30 will still be in the time period of a surge that occurs in Florida around any holiday or peak vacation period as tourists flock to the state without any public health controls.

Off topic (and so glad to hear Kathie got an upgrade!!👍), but what holiday/peak vacation period in FL is around April30, and where do you get the idea that there are no public health controls?  Not hearing of any surges in FL during spring break, which for college kids is about over.  And while there may not be full bore mask mandates everywhere, the data that even the CDC releases is showing that the public incidence of COVID between being masks all the time and not masked at all is negligible.  They seem to benefit you from spreading COVID if you have it, but not necessarily preventing you from catching COVID; mostly depending upon quality of masks and how worn.  

3 hours ago, Aboat1 said:

Successful!!!!!

After a sleepless night and a letter to Mr. Bailey and a few will placed postings...I am going on my cruise as planed with an upgrade!

Kathie 

As you should! Glad it working out for you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Off topic (and so glad to hear Kathie got an upgrade!!👍), but what holiday/peak vacation period in FL is around April30, and where do you get the idea that there are no public health controls?  Not hearing of any surges in FL during spring break, which for college kids is about over.  And while there may not be full bore mask mandates everywhere, the data that even the CDC releases is showing that the public incidence of COVID between being masks all the time and not masked at all is negligible.  They seem to benefit you from spreading COVID if you have it, but not necessarily preventing you from catching COVID; mostly depending upon quality of masks and how worn.  

Seriously?

Check your calendar.  Easter is April 17.  Families with school age children will still be inundating Florida. 

Given the past surges in Florida during and about for two-  three weeks after the end of the  travel (allows for the cycle of infection and passing on to others), an April 30 departure will still be in the time frame.

As for no public health controls, do you not listen to what is said by Florida  government officials?

In any case, it doesn't matter what either you or I may think. I am sure that Royal Caribbean has consultants that are well qualified to advise on procedures in their departure ports depending on local conditions.

Edited by Homosassa

27 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Seriously?

Check your calendar.  Easter is April 17.  Families with school age children will still be inundating Florida. 

Given the past surges in Florida during and about for two-  three weeks after the end of the  travel (allows for the cycle of infection and passing on to others), an April 30 departure will still be in the time frame.

As for no public health controls, do you not listen to what is said by Florida  government officials?

In any case, it doesn't matter what either you or I may think. I am sure that Royal Caribbean has consultants that are well qualified to advise on procedures in their departure ports depending on local conditions.

Ok let's not turn this thread into another Covid slug fest.  Lots of those out there.

• Like 1

Just my opinion.  This should not have gone this far — change to JS should have happened automatically.  That is what happened to us for Feb cruise.  We were told we had to move but we’re switched to a balcony from an ocean view.  No drama!  Katherine 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Kathie,

It is such a pity that you have to recourse to Mr. Bailey in order to rectify a wrong....

So glad you wrote to him and got a well deserved result. Enjoy your cruise to the fullest!!

Thank you dani!  Hope all is well with you.

I am still unhappy they put me through this. Can't help but have a little residual hard feelings. They will soon pass I am sure!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Seriously?

Yup, living in Arizona we usually have a second or Main wave of Flu and other Illnesses after all the Spring Breakers leave. A CV Bump this yr, possible. Few yrs ago there was talk in our State to get Flu Shots later in Season. Funny thing is my Family always get their Vax in Sept/Oct but all got Influenza(Positive Tests) this late in Season during Spring Break/March 2020, at least were not one the first to get CV which was originally suspected

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Aboat1 said:

I have been Loyal to Royal for years.  I In Dec.2021 I booked an Oceanview Accessible Cabin On the April 30 sailing of Explorer of the Seas.  I have paid in full at time of booking. Today, I received an email receipt from Royal .  It was a receipt for my sailng.  Finding it odd, I read it closely and see they DOWNGRADEED me to an interior. I am VERY claustrophobic.  If could sail in an Interior....I would have booked one!

After 4 hours on the phone with resolutions and Accessibility Department.  It seems there are No Ocean View or Balcony Accessible cabin available.  They do have a Jr. Suite that they will upgrade me to for $2000.00. They have offered me my money back, but can not refund my RCCL credit card points I have used to buy a dining package and drink package.

I can not help but feel that because I am old and Mobility challenged, Royal No longer wants my business. Being a loyal C&A member means nothing to them.  I have been mobility challenged and Solo since my Husbands passing 4 years ago. I was planning on meeting friends in Spain for a group cruise in 2023.  Not now knowing they can cancel you at will.

I have not agreed to take the refund, frankly I don't know what to dor two cents please!

I first read this yesterday when I got the notification from the Trainman thread it was very upsetting.  I'm so glad this got resolved with the upgrade and not losing your points.  Some others that have posted their problem were a completely different situation where as they were given a upgraded cabin.  The downgrade of the accessible cabin was totally inexcusable.  I have since started to book my cruises with a trusted TA that calls me back when I call or email and has my back if I have a problem best decision I have made especially since covid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aboat1 said:

Successful!!!!!

Kathie 

I just got on your post this evening.  I am so happy to see this.  This is what should have happened in the first place.  I am so sorry for the trouble you went through.  I was going to suggest going to the news.  What was happening was not right.  I am so happy that it was settled in an appropriate way.  I would not want to do business with a company that would downgrade someone who needed an accessible room.  I am very pleased they made this right.  This would be a big deal to me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy it worked out for you, Kathie!!

On 3/25/2022 at 4:38 AM, Jimbo said:

Probably would be allowed to stay in their cabin.. Bingo  Plus now so few are getting Covid, it may not even be an issue on the ships now.

Nope, the Health Plan includes a separate quarantine area which is closed off from the regular cabins. So there might be handicapped cabin in this area but noone is allowed to stay in his cabin for whatsever reason when he´s tested positive.

And acutally here in my country the numbers are still going up...

steamboats