The Daily for Friday 03/25/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

I had a pecan caramel roll for breakfast and fish and chips for lunch today in the Lido!

We had our in-transit covid tests this morning. I had a minor heart attack when the phone rang a few minutes after we got back to the room. It was Tony (sailingdutchy) calling to tell us that he tested positive (Martha was negative) and was heading to quarantine! They don't know yet if they will be able to stay onboard for the second leg or if they will need to get off on Sunday.

Mitzi and I never got a call about our tests.

I'm glad you and Mitzi had negative tests. Sad to hear that Tony's was positive and that they'll be ending their cruise in FLL.

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

@rafinmdIt was very sweet of you to include Marley on the Care list - sadly, you can now take him off as I had to send him over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon.  Hopefully there truly is a heaven for dogs (they deserve it) and he and Miko are playing together one more time pain free. 💔 

B50521A6-8383-4C95-8D14-F2535F158005.jpeg.99866764650fba8842a7c2532d17663b.jpeg

Jacqui, I know this was a hard decision, but done out of love for Marley. Hugs to you.

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

The Radiation Oncologist wanted to see me at the 3-month mark which is March 31 with a PSA test a week earlier.

This morning I was in the grocery store when my cell phone rang.  It was radiation oncology, and they already had my PSA results, 0.36 yesterday. 

The Radiation Oncologist was so pleased he cancelled my March 31 visit and pushed my next visit back to October 28.  While I would like it even lower I'll take this.

I've also booked another cruise to use the last of my future cruise credits,  I don't have all the details yet but I'm now booked on Queen Mary 2 New England and Canada for July 1 to 8.  July 4 will be a late night in Boston with a great view of the fireworks over the Charles River.

Roy

Great news on the decrease in the PSA! I went to school in Boston and enjoyed fireworks over the Charles many years ago.

45 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

As someone said on our roll call, we studied all night, but we still failed the test this morning!  Both negative, so we will be flying out tomorrow for San Diego.  I'm excited, a little nervous after Tony's experience, and we will definitely wear our masks every moment we can!  I'm taking a few home test kits and we'll definitely test before we visit the cousins in SF.

Thanks for the Daily News, fleet report, recipes and drinks and photos.  

PS Tony did say he's feeling fine.

I'm glad your tests were negative. Thanks for relaying how Tony is feeling.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Oh no on Tony 😱 So sorry to hear this.  

If he calls you again, please tell him I will be thinking of him and hoping all will work out.  Truly hoping he is not ill 🙏🏻 

@rafinmdIt was very sweet of you to include Marley on the Care list - sadly, you can now take him off as I had to send him over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon.  Hopefully there truly is a heaven for dogs (they deserve it) and he and Miko are playing together one more time pain free. 💔 

I'm so sorry to hear this Jacqui.

Sending you our prayers 🙏.

Graham

7b2aa82b258e14f703d8d77c636097a4.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Oh no on Tony 😱 So sorry to hear this.  

If he calls you again, please tell him I will be thinking of him and hoping all will work out.  Truly hoping he is not ill 🙏🏻 

@kazu, no words 🥲🌈. So very sorry for losing another one of your mem. Susan

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I think this will go down as a good day.  While I have a lot on my plate there are a couple of things that pleased me.  I'll start with a bit of history.  I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in 1997 and had the organ removed that year.  My PSA should be 0 and was for a few years but eventually started edging up.  I've been on horomone therapy for many years and it was enough for many years but things changed a year or so ago.  These are some readings:

4/21/21----0.93

7/21/21---1.07

10/20/21--1.56

My oncolgist had some concerns when the level got above 1.0  and ordered additional testing.  A spot was found and I was referred to radiation which began in early November.  My next PSA check was for my physical on December 10.  The way it was accelerating I assume it would likely have been about 2, but with one month radiation and it was 1.40

Radiation ended in late December and my next check was when I saw my regular oncoligist:

1/19/22---0.86

The Radiation Oncologist wanted to see me at the 3-month mark which is March 31 with a PSA test a week earlier.

This morning I was in the grocery store when my cell phone rang.  It was radiation oncology, and they already had my PSA results, 0.36 yesterday. 

The Radiation Oncologist was so pleased he cancelled my March 31 visit and pushed my next visit back to October 28.  While I would like it even lower I'll take this.

I've also booked another cruise to use the last of my future cruise credits,  I don't have all the details yet but I'm now booked on Queen Mary 2 New England and Canada for July 1 to 8.  July 4 will be a late night in Boston with a great view of the fireworks over the Charles River.

Roy

I'm absolutely delighted to hear your fantastic news Roy.

I hope you have an amazing cruise because you certainly deserve it.

All the best.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@kazuJacqui, I hope you will soon travel someplace warm and healing to regroup from what you've been through.  I have to think the worst is over now for you and things will begin to improve.

@rafinmdRoy, that's wonderful news that your treatment went so well.  You must be one very happy individual.  And great cruises you have lined up!

So many ups and downs here today.  It stinks that positive Covid tests are still with us.  Count me as one who re-reads books many times.  Right now I'm repeating the trilogy of Kristin: Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset, historical fiction about Norway in the Middle Ages, just in case we ever make it to Norway.  

Our church is doing Friday Fish Fries again, which is nice.  Debbie's recipes look soooo good.  Love banana-pecan waffles.  So good day all around.

Thinking of all.  Thanks, Rich and Team for the Daily.  😊

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Roy @rafinmd,I am so very happy about your excellent results.It will be so nice to be on those fantastic cruises and feel well.There is nothing like July 4 in Boston! I wonder if one could hear the Boston Pops from the cruiseport?They used to use a real cannon for the 1812 overture......

• Like 20

Just now, dfish said:

Hugs to you, Jacqui, on the loss of Marley.  That is a difficult decision to have to make, but you did it with love for Marley.  Too often we keep our pets around too long for our sake, not theirs.  I'm sure Marley thanks you for having his interests at heart.  Rest assured that he knew he was a loved member of the family.

That is excellent news, Roy!  Certainly worthy of a celebration.

I am so sorry that @sailingdutchy has tested positive and will miss the next part of his cruise.  May his recovery be swift!

I had a creaky cabin on the Koningsdam once.  I found that if I switched the head of the bed and the foot of the bed, I wasn't bothered by the creaking.  It sure needed a shim somewhere.  Even the steward complained about it.  I was sent a plate of strawberries and a bottle of wine as well.  

I think our cabin on Koningsdam was a creaky one in the past.  It is a connecting room, and there are two shims above the connecting door between the crown molding and the ceiling.  The good news is they worked as we haven't noticed any creaking.

Lenda

• Like 15

Checking in for the afternoon and feeling heartbroken for our dear @kazu.  As DH said "as if she hasn't had enough sorrow in her life lately."  Our hearts go out to you as a valued member of our Daily family, with special thoughts of your dear Marley as he plays with Miko and all of our fur babies on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Gerry

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh Jacqui, I’m so sorry. 😢 Yes, there is a heaven for dogs, I just know it. 🌈

❤️❤️ {{hugs}} ❤️❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I am so very sorry to hear about Marley. I was afraid of this when you posted this morning. The final loving gift we give them is so hard on us. He lived a good life with a wonderful home and loving family. I know you will miss him and the house will be empty. It is such a sad thing to lose both dogs when you are so worried about Jose. Sending cyber hugs .... wish there was more we could do.

Susan

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

@kazuJacqui, I hope you will soon travel someplace warm and healing to regroup from what you've been through.  I have to think the worst is over now for you and things will begin to improve.

@rafinmdRoy, that's wonderful news that your treatment went so well.  You must be one very happy individual.  And great cruises you have lined up!

So many ups and downs here today.  It stinks that positive Covid tests are still with us.  Count me as one who re-reads books many times.  Right now I'm repeating the trilogy of Kristin: Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset, historical fiction about Norway in the Middle Ages, just in case we ever make it to Norway.  

Our church is doing Friday Fish Fries again, which is nice.  Debbie's recipes look soooo good.  Love banana-pecan waffles.  So good day all around.

Thinking of all.  Thanks, Rich and Team for the Daily.  😊

I reread some books.... and Kristin: Lavransdatter has made that list actually twice. Well worth the reread and I notice new things each time.... or maybe I had forgotten and my mind got a jog.

Susan

• Like 17

1 minute ago, durangoscots said:

I reread some books.... and Kristin: Lavransdatter has made that list actually twice. Well worth the reread and I notice new things each time.... or maybe I had forgotten and my mind got a jog.

Susan

Any progress today on the roof?

Roy

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any progress today on the roof?

Roy

Yes, thankfully. The roofers were there working with the people installing the HVAC. Don't know how far they will get.... and rain is forecast for next week.And just think.... I get to go through this next month with my condo roof.

Susan

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I had a pecan caramel roll for breakfast and fish and chips for lunch today in the Lido!

We had our in-transit covid tests this morning. I had a minor heart attack when the phone rang a few minutes after we got back to the room. It was Tony (sailingdutchy) calling to tell us that he tested positive (Martha was negative) and was heading to quarantine! They don't know yet if they will be able to stay onboard for the second leg or if they will need to get off on Sunday.

Mitzi and I never got a call about our tests.

Seriously a minor heart attack? I hope you received medical help. Not good.

• Like 3

@kazui am so sorry to hear about Marley but a very brave and loving decision to make. What saddens me even more is that you probably can’t tell Jose. It will hurt every time you talk about the dogs. I hope they meet my Rocky in dog heaven. He was such a sweetheart too. Sending you virtual hugs. 

• Like 19

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor keeping the Care and Celebration Lists for the Daily Family.

Good to hear about Roy's results, too!😊

❤️Hugs to Jacqui @kazu.

Prayers for all in need and to the brave citizens in Ukraine.🙏

Katie

images.png

Edited by garlictown
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Funeral services have been announced for the 2 Troopers: Trooper Mack will be laid to rest March 31st.🙏

Trooper Sisca will be laid to rest on April 2nd.🙏

I was planning to leave them on for 7 days; I think that is through March 28.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1