The Daily for Saturday 03/26/2022

richwmn

fc83c93052dd925a0124e4007913cf56.jpg

2aa1fa8a28bcfa27df7964abcd762fb6.jpg

extreme-fire-hazard-dont-even-fart-in-the-forest-jos-ks-com-64916145.png

Good morning Dailyite Family!  Happy Saturday, my first Saturday off in more than a month. I tried to tell DH to take it off, but he wants to work today, so I am off all day by myself.  When it warms up a bit I'm going to battle with the vines in the front forest.  What is it about the south, or this yard...honeysuckle vines, white flowery vines, big thorn vines, and OMG Muscadine grape vines as big around as my wrist!  They are all taking over my yard.  And the yard man wont tackle them at all. So instead of cutting up the fallen branches and burning them in my chiminea fire pit (fire risk today due to high winds and low humidity) I will be vine cutting.  

I did tell DH I would watch F1 qualy but not tell him the outcome.  I also told him he was taking me out for dinner....I have a grocery list, for walmart. 

Got a text from my Hollywood Bowl boss that they will not be releasing anymore seats and to get these folks to buy what we have, so I guess my time at the bowl is about to end.  My other two campaigns are in stall mode, so I might get moved to the classical campaign at Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA.  Who knows, I just know that if I want to cruise, I must continue to work.

Create my own holiday?  I would create a holiday, where we create joy for others.  Give a bigger tip to the waitress, say hello and wave to your neighbors,  thank the people who are working at the grocery store.  It would be called the Create Joy Day.  Like coming here every day.

That, or nap like a cat day....

There is a donut bakery in Atlanta (could be everywhere, I don't know) called SarahDonuts.  They created this donut, that is called a Sunflower, little pieces of dough made into the shape of a flower covered in cinnamon and glaze.  Extremely yummy.  So if I had to name my next cat, after my last meal, it would be called, Sunflower.

The secret to really good creamed spinach is add a dash of nutmeg.  And if spinach and beets cause kidney stones, and both veggies are high in iron, are the stones made out of iron?

Inquiring mind wants to know....

• Like 31
  • Haha 5

@aliaschiefI'm sorry to hear you've tested positive.  Please keep us posted from your quarantine cabin.  Also, get some real cutlery and a glass (or have Mrs aliaschief send it to you through guest services) for your food, if you don't like eating with wooden utensils and drinking from paper cups.

• Like 29

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Pretty smooth ride this morning at sea but there is dense fog and pouring rain out there. Smooth enough the cabin noise is normal. We are now confined to our room for twenty minutes awaiting our on-board Covid test results. 🙏🙏🙏Our phone does not ring!

Last night we dined in Canelleto which was wonderful as usual. Tonight it’s back to Tamarind if we don’t get a phone call.

Hopefully, it will clear up some, otherwise, it’s going to be an indoor day.

Thanks Rich and continued concerns and prayers for those in need.

Well my cruise is pretty much over as I have tested positive for Covid. I have elected to stay on board and go into quarantine on a balcony cabin.

I woke up with some congestion and scratchy throat. Well, this is a bummer but it is what it is.

Bruce

Sorry to hear this Bruce.

Hopefully the balcony and room service helps.

Graham.

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Well my cruise is pretty much over as I have tested positive for Covid. I have elected to stay on board and go into quarantine on a balcony cabin.

I woke up with some congestion and scratchy throat. Well, this is a bummer but it is what it is.

Bruce

Sorry to hear this,  how  many days will you have to quarantine? Hope you have minimal symptoms and are able to enjoy your cabin and balcony for the remaining days. 

M

• Like 20

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  A bit chilly this morning so I stayed home to walk the treadmill and pray for all.  It's an interesting group of days today.  I would like to live long and prosper.  A little raw spinach in my salad is quite alright.  I can't seem to figure out a holiday on my own.  I agree with just reading anything to children and they will benefit.  It doesn't have to be a fairy tale.  I think the penne dish would be better without the beans but I'm no chef!  I noticed the Volendam is anchored off Malaga today.  A nice place to just hang out.  Thanks for the Daily @richwmn!  Also our lists are certainly lengthy Roy @rafinmd.  Cheers to Roy with new plans to cruise after getting his good health report and to Jack @Heartgroveand DW on their cruise coming up next week and her art gallery feature.  On the other hand we have a lot of sad news and prayers needed.  The loss of all the pets, the newest being Marley.  Prayers for Jose and Jacqui, Tana, Tony @sailingdutchyas he isolates due to Covid during his cruise, and the stricken PA State Troopers may they RIP.  Also daily prayers for the people of Ukraine.  It's hard to imagine the horror they're witnessing.  Prayers also for improvement in Buddy and Jen.  🙏

Albany (W. Australia), Australia was our port last time on Aug. 6.   I have visited there one time and showed you all some photos.  I'll go back and post them again for all the new people who may have missed them.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

We were looking for cruises next year from Southampton England which is convenient because we can drive there and HAL only goes from Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Civitavecchia unfortunately.

Pauline and I liked P&O Iona which we have just got off last Saturday in Southampton and we booked a Canary Islands cruise from Southampton on her for next autumn.

Graham.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Bruce @aliaschiefWhat a bummer to come down with Covid during your cruise!  I hope you can keep in touch and let us know how you're faring with the isolation period.   Good luck to @DWAliaschief.🤞

Graham @grapau27your cruise to the Canary Islands  from Southampton sounds perfect.  You'll have a great time!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Victoria airport.  Not everyone is masked.  Now I’m getting nervous.  Chief, sorry you have joined the quarantine club!  We heard just now that neighbors have also tested positive.  We will continue to be as careful as we possibly can.  

• Like 28

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Pretty smooth ride this morning at sea but there is dense fog and pouring rain out there. Smooth enough the cabin noise is normal. We are now confined to our room for twenty minutes awaiting our on-board Covid test results. 🙏🙏🙏Our phone does not ring!

Last night we dined in Canelleto which was wonderful as usual. Tonight it’s back to Tamarind if we don’t get a phone call.

Hopefully, it will clear up some, otherwise, it’s going to be an indoor day.

Thanks Rich and continued concerns and prayers for those in need.

Bruce

I am sorry to hear this and hope the symptoms  are minor.

• Like 21

Good morning everyone.

Happy Saturday to those who can celebrate the day. 

As for the days.  I only want to live long and prosper if I have my senses and my health is good enough to enjoy a long life. Otherwise what’s the sense….

Make my own holiday.  Well we are going to Europe for 6 weeks so I will make that my holiday and give each day the name of the place we are visiting.

Spinach is a vegetable I love so I am happy to have it.  Lots of iron, but sad to hear it gives on kidney stones. Did not know this.

Thank you Roy @rafinmd for the lists.

@kazu I am sorry to hear about Marley.

Prayers for Ukraine and for all who need them.

@StLouisCruisersCamilla is as cute as a button.  Prayers continue for Jen and Buddy.

@St. Louis Salhere’s hoping you start feeling better and get some strength in those legs.

@aliaschiefSorry you tested positive.  I hope you don’t have a long quarantine.  Take care.

Prayers for everyone else who needs them.

We will spend today making preparataion to be away for a long while.  Packing, cleaning, errands, etc.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

God bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 29

1 minute ago, Sea Viewer said:

Sorry to hear this,  how  many days will you have to quarantine? Hope you have minimal symptoms and are able to enjoy your cabin and balcony for the remaining days. 

M

I would imagine I will still test positive in 5 days which would mean the rest of remaining eight days.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

Good morning everyone,

It's a cool SoFlo morning but clear and sunny. Green flag at the lifeguard station and beach is busy already. The pool area is also busy this morning, last week the office had to send a notice about cabana hogs as some people were going down at 7am with towels and flip flops, rearranging multiple pieces of pool furniture and leaving!

It seems better this week but I feel sorry for the pool attendant having to deal with some of the people.

Have to go and pick up a few groceries later, when DH gets up I'm going to see if he will ride his mobility scooter to the store while I walk. It is a good exercise for me and it gets him off the recliner for a while. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

M

• Like 25

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Bruce @aliaschiefWhat a bummer to come down with Covid during your cruise!  I hope you can keep in touch and let us know how you're faring with the isolation period.   Good luck to @DWAliaschief.🤞

Graham @grapau27your cruise to the Canary Islands  from Southampton sounds perfect.  You'll have a great time!

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers

We have booked the same aft balcony too that we had on our previous cruise.

Pauline had a cough on Friday the last day of our cruise so we used our own LFTs and were negative.

When we got home on Saturday her cough was worse so we did LFTs again and she was positive.

She is fine and we have both done daily LFTs but she is still showing positive.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 14

Prayers for all on our care list and of course the people of Ukraine.  Prayers for our government officials that they make wise decisions during this very trying time.

We took our Covid test this morning onboard for the next voyage starting tomorrow.  Waiting for results via email.  “Hearsay” says there are some cases of Covid onboard.  We will continue to be very careful.

There is a crew member onboard who joined the ship 11 months ago.  He cannot go home because he is from Ukraine.  Royal is relieving him of duties for the next 6 weeks so he can rest and relax.  Nice touch, Royal.

Roy - I did the QM2 4th of July trip every year from 2004 - 2015.  It is a fun trip.  Can’t wait to get back sometime in the future.  Katherine 

• Like 26

@grapau27I hope that Pauline stays feeling well and she is on the mend.  @aliaschiefI am so sorry you caught COVID on ship.  We sweated our test before our leg 2.  People were still mask mandated before our test.  I think COVID will be very slow to pull her claws out of us.   Stay well everyone and wear your masks.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Today is Finish the Last Bit of Packing Day!  🎉

Today's unnamed cat (no, please don't send one) would be Ovaltine.

@Vict0riann, safe travels, see you aboard!!

We have so many contributors who have recently lost pets; my heart goes out to you.

There are also so many extended family health concerns; I hope knowing how this group cares gives you strength.

And 🎉 Hooray Celebrations for those with good and hopeful news to share!

• Like 24

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.--Albert Einstein

My DW, having been a children’s librarian for 30 years, would agree with the quote. My early childhood college professors would agree that reading to children is important, but would qualify the type of literature to eliminate any talking animals or otherwise unbelievable tales.

Another Albert Einstein quote about reading may apply to more of us who read the Daily, due to our age.

“Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.”

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

👀!!!!!

Well IF anyone is interested please go to Princess for Ruby Covid breakout! I have written a lot there! We were in our cabin all day when announcement came in room! We have been diligent with our N95 masks! We’re fine. First and last time for us with Princess!! Reported many passengers and crew!! Awful experience with not protocols with lido buffet! No masks, although we saw alot of people like us indoors wearing masks. We are just so surprised by no testing on board while we did Panama Canal! Said we were first ship not needing to do this!!

I felt so safe on Oceania, and our HAL is still number one!  Also due to Covid on board no room service tomorrow for when we get off! Really? 
I miss you guys❤️
🌺Denise

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from a cloudy day in the PNW.  

Good collection of days.  I'll pass on the meal, don't care for pasta with beans.  Last night's fish fry was a hit!  (I did the Rachael Ray version) but in my deep fryer.  Will pass on the red wine, the drink sounds good. I like raw spinach in salads, cooked not so much.  I agree with Debbie @dfishthat the Pinnacle spinach is ... ew.  

We will hopefully be in Albany, Australia on the '24 Grand Australia.  Thank you @tjcox9and @StLouisCruisersfor the great photos!

Thank you @smitty34877for another adorable photo of little Camilla! 

I'm sorry to hear that @aliaschiefand Pauline @grapau27have tested positive for Covid.  Prayers that symptoms remain mild.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good morning Dailyite Family!  Happy Saturday, my first Saturday off in more than a month. I tried to tell DH to take it off, but he wants to work today, so I am off all day by myself.  When it warms up a bit I'm going to battle with the vines in the front forest.  What is it about the south, or this yard...honeysuckle vines, white flowery vines, big thorn vines, and OMG Muscadine grape vines as big around as my wrist!  They are all taking over my yard.  And the yard man wont tackle them at all. So instead of cutting up the fallen branches and burning them in my chiminea fire pit (fire risk today due to high winds and low humidity) I will be vine cutting.  

We have the same issue with vines here in TN. When we first moved down here I was chopping vines like crazy, until I realized some were poison ivy (they didn’t grow in vine form near us in MI). Boy did I suffer a most horrendous rash! Now I just use weed killer spray on the smaller ones and leave the big ones alone. At least there’s no kudzu on our street. That stuff is crazy! 😳

Edited by Navybikermom
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@grapau27what a shame for Pauline to come down with the virus after your wonderful cruise!  I seem to hear a lot more lately about positive cases.  I hope Pauline and all the rest of our CC friends have only minor symptoms.

Love the new Camilla photo Terry @smitty34877!!  She's so darn cute!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

The secret to really good creamed spinach is add a dash of nutmeg.  And if spinach and beets cause kidney stones, and both veggies are high in iron, are the stones made out of iron?

Inquiring mind wants to know....

Spinach and beets contain high amounts of oxalate.  The majority of kidney stones are calcium oxalate, so there is the problem.   Spinach, beets, almonds, and rhubarb are the major culprits.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

I would imagine I will still test positive in 5 days which would mean the rest of remaining eight days.

Maybe not.  I hope not.  I'm sorry you have tested positive and hope you have a very mild case with no lingering after effects.   

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers

We have booked the same aft balcony too that we had on our previous cruise.

Pauline had a cough on Friday the last day of our cruise so we used our own LFTs and were negative.

When we got home on Saturday her cough was worse so we did LFTs again and she was positive.

She is fine and we have both done daily LFTs but she is still showing positive.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

I am so sorry Pauline has tested positive.  I hope she has a very light case and recovers quickly and fully.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1