LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

4 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Masking recommended, but not required, although more are masking since many reports of positive tests on this and other ships.  261 in transits per passenger services officer at testing site.  We ate getting free mimosas after testing at wakeview bar.

Have you heard how many positive cases are onboard?  

4 hours ago, CruisingJs said:

They strongly recommend wearing masks except in your cabin, while eating or drinking or outside.  There are signs posted  and notices in the patter.  There are also signs recommending masks in the elevator and keeping it to six people or one sailing “family”.  They are no longer required.  This is our sixth cruise post Covid and the first one where masks are not mandatory so naturally this is the one where I caught Covid.  I don’t buy the “masks don’t work” philosophy some people have.  Every medical expert out there says they reduce your chances of a breakthrough case.  There are too many people getting their medical degree from Facebook recently.

I hope you have a mild case.  Get well soon.  

7 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Hey Frank @astroflyer

we were on the same bus as you to the pier.  We were told several on that bus are now quarantined and we could be considered close contacts.  Hope we all pass our tests later today.

Which bus were you on and how can we find out if we were close contacts?  Take care and be well.  

3 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Are you done?

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It went quick for us.  Are you finished?

They didn’t drag us from Sabatini’s so we passed…one of the last people & even had time to get a free mimosa at the Wakeview Bar.

3 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Enjoy Sabatini’s.  We also miss the winemaker dinner.  We ha fun with you and the Rabbit.

Fun times at the WM Dinner. 😋🍷

• Like 4

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Which bus?  Who is Frank?

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Third bus.  Frank was on third bus.  People on third bus came down with covid.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Oooh...is frank the guy who was running late by himself trying to catch up with his group...glasses on his forehead?

I’m never late...ha, ha! ☺️

I was wearing my traditional embarkation day shirt on the smaller 3rd bus…Reyn Spooner USC Trojans Cardinal & Gold Aloha shirt which combines my love of Trojans football & of Maui. 😎🤙

• Like 3

On 3/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, andydunn said:

Yeah, we were told no chef's table or winemakers dinner too. Though given no reason. Sad face....

Still we have the giant balcony M107 so life could be worse 

PXL_20220327_191334644.PANO.jpg

I LOVE this cabin and have it for a June sailing to Alaska!  Got off the Majestic (where I also had the cabin) last month and am wondering if the cabin steward ties the furniture down or tucks it in at night?  On my last cruise, they did that but the furniture wasn't teak so I'm hoping it's heavier. The majestic had two full loungers and a table with two chairs. What does the Discovery have?  THANKS!

54 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’m never late...ha, ha! ☺️

I was wearing my traditional embarkation day shirt on the smaller 3rd bus…Reyn Spooner USC Trojans Cardinal & Gold Aloha shirt which combines my love of Trojans football & of Maui. 😎🤙

And we are Bruins!

Edited by AnyMajorCruiseDude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

They didn’t drag us from Sabatini’s so we passed…one of the last people & even had time to get a free mimosa at the Wakeview Bar.

Fun times at the WM Dinner. 😋🍷

How was Sabatini’s?  We are going to the Crown Grill tomorrow.  😊

@Astro FlyerThank you for always being so helpful just like my friend @Pam in CA.

26 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How was Sabatini’s?  We are going to the Crown Grill tomorrow.  😊

@Astro FlyerThank you for always being so helpful just like my friend @Pam in CA.

It was good but too much food…I preferred CG but taste is subjective. Pam has been so helpful to me for many years…a classy lady.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

It was good but too much food…I preferred CG but taste is subjective. Pam has been so helpful to me for many years…a classy lady.

I am looking forward to CG.  Pam is the best.  Pam and I talked on CC for a long time and then we finally met on a BV after that.  I am blessed to call her my friend.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

Photo originally posted by startedwithamouse.

Yes it looks cold watching the screen outside. I just edited your photo so we didn’t have to look at it sideways .I know Cruise critic on board the ship doesn’t always do what you intended to do with photos.

B3ABA08F-C4BC-42FF-A645-C1BA4A463235.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisingJs said:

i edited to add that we are one of the few people who wear a mask everywhere on the ship except for eating and drinking.  So many are maskless, even in the elevators.  So be considerate of others and mask up!

We also wear a mask at all times.  I am shocked at how many ADULTS made fun of us or asked why we were wearing them.  Sad.  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We also wear a mask at all times.  I am shocked at how many ADULTS made fun of us or asked why we were wearing them.  Sad.  

Ha!  We were.in the elevator tonight and a guy who was a smart blank said hey why are you wearing masks?  To protect you and your family was the answer. He had no response. We have masked the entire trip. Anyone looking outside for the last hour or so? So many ships!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Ha!  We were.in the elevator tonight and a guy who was a smart blank said hey why are you wearing masks?  To protect you and your family was the answer. He had no response. We have masked the entire trip. Anyone looking outside for the last hour or so? So many ships!

I missed it. Which ships?

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

On the 2nd night we found a table & waitstaff we liked & asked the staff at the entrance who assigns seating to have the same table & servers. He wrote it down & said consider it done.

Assuming you were not at a table for 2, were the other people at your table the same ones each evening like traditional dining used to be?

13 hours ago, san diego sue said:

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing .

Pre-Covid there usually was more and more coughing from passengers as the cruise went on.

Call it "cruise crud" or something else, it has happened for a long time and is not indicative of being infected with Covid.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, CruisingJs said:

I did discover there is no remote for the tv  in my quarantine cabin.  I called passenger services to have one sent up but she seemed confused as to why I went the whole cruise without a remote.  We’ll see if I get one.

A poster in quarantine on another ship said his quarantine cabin had no TV remote, refrigerator or drinking glasses.

15 hours ago, CruisingJs said:

Yes, I am now in quarantine on the Dolphin deck.  I was actually afraid I had strep throat because my throat hurt so bad.  I called medical this morning to have a throat culture taken.  The first thing they did was come to our cabin to give us both PCR tests.  Mine was positive but my husband was negative.  He is able to stay in our cabin but can’t leave.  I was moved to a lovely deluxe balcony cabin on Dolphin deck.  Whoever had to give up D328, you missed a nice cabin.  We were supposed to stay on for the next cruise but we will be taken off of the ship tomorrow on turn around day and someone will drive us home.  I do have a headache, sore throat and head and chest congestion and I am just thankful I was boosted.  I have already been contacted by room service and they are bringing me some food so all is good.  

i edited to add that we are one of the few people who wear a mask everywhere on the ship except for eating and drinking.  So many are maskless, even in the elevators.  So be considerate of others and mask up!

Sorry to hear you have caught the virus on board and it annoys the crap out of me that others are so inconsiderate. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Don’t think so….He’s a long-standing poster and cruiser with lots of good information.  We have been on several cruises with them.  Always a reliable source, imo

Ain't that the truth!....my go to man for anything Princess!