LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We received a letter tonight.  Send a text to Crew Chat and ask because you need to present a transit card in LA that is attached.  Our letter says 3:40 in the Juneau dining room for testing tomorrow.  

Yeah we got our letter overnight.  Our testing time is 4:50pm.

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We received a letter tonight.  Send a text to Crew Chat and ask because you need to present a transit card in LA that is attached.  Our letter says 3:40 in the Juneau dining room for testing tomorrow.  

38 minutes ago, macusr said:

Yeah we got our letter overnight.  Our testing time is 4:50pm.

We also received that letter for 1650 testing shortly before dinner in Juneau & if negative to then go to Wakeview Bar for a mimosa.

Also that we’ll be at B93 which is also shown on the port’s schedule for 4/3, 4/10 & 4/17. It appears that they’re allowing the ship to be a short distance in the channel because the pier couldn’t magically get longer in the past week…good news for everyone.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We also received that letter for 1650 testing shortly before dinner in Juneau & if negative to then go to Wakeview Bar for a mimosa.

Also that we’ll be at B93 which is also shown on the port’s schedule for 4/3, 4/10 & 4/17. It appears that they’re allowing the ship to be a short distance in the channel because the pier couldn’t magically get longer in the past week…good news for everyone.

Wait! Are you saying we will embark at 93 now instead of 50?

34 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Oh My - B93 is the best news I have heard in a long time.  I just looked at the port schedule and it is definitely showing B93 for the next 3 sailings of Discovery!  So excited - now, if we can only be sure we will have our D726 cabin we will be so-o-o happy!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Same question from us, but what do they put in the full Club/Spa/full Suites?  I love watching Danny from Harr Travel do room and ship tours.  On the Enchanted they had L'occitane products in the suites, so wondering if that is what they put in Discovery too.  

Just don't try to book a cruise w/them. I called, I emailed, tried to book online...nada.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Oh My - B93 is the best news I have heard in a long time.  I just looked at the port schedule and it is definitely showing B93 for the next 3 sailings of Discovery!  So excited - now, if we can only be sure we will have our D726 cabin we will be so-o-o happy!!!

Yes indeed. That is good news. My mind conjured up the mass confusion of passengers and luggage coming off and going on the ship. What worked last week with no disembarking people would surely have been complicated by all these entities crossing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just don't try to book a cruise w/them. I called, I emailed, tried to book online...nada.

Same here - really appreciated his videos so, since they are not too far from me, thought I would try and book with him.  I called and emailed.  Took 2 days to get an email response that said, "Give us a call" - duh, had already done that with no response.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Wait! Are you saying we will embark at 93 now instead of 50?

That’s what the port’s schedule shows for 4/3, 4/10 & 4/17…much better! 😃

On 4/24 & 4/29 at B92.

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s what the port’s schedule shows for 4/3, 4/10 & 4/17…much better! 😃

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

It sure does! Thanks for the info.

It must have just been too much of a logistical nightmare on your embarkation for them to repeat it 3 more times. 😳

1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

It sure does! Thanks for the info.

It must have just been too much of a logistical nightmare on your embarkation for them to repeat it 3 more times. 😳

Agree…less of a nightmare by having one end of the ship extending into the channel. Apparently our shakedown boarding experience showed them that boarding at B93 was a better option for Discovery. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Agree…less of a nightmare by having one end of the ship extending into the channel. Apparently our shakedown boarding experience showed them that boarding at B93 was a better option for Discovery. 👍

Way to take one for the team! 😂

• Haha 1

Previously The Pastry Shop (deck 16 in Horizon Bistro) on Royal-class ships could only make hot specialty coffees. They’ve added a blender so it’s now possible to get slushy blended drinks without going to the IC on deck 5. We ordered one through the app but despite showing delivered that never happened.

For anyone who might be interested in a more traditional dining experience at the same time, table & waitstaff here’s our experience in Ketchikan.

Before boarding the ship we had Skagway (6-mid) at the same time (1800) each night but upon boarding it was changed to Ketchikan (6-aft) at 1800. That likely benefited us because Skagway has a section reserved for Club Class. It’s been our experience in Ketchikan that beginning at 1900 lines to enter were backed up onto the stairs when finishing our dinner at about 1920. We only briefly had massage chairs when the thrusters were used when departing ports.

On the 2nd night we found a table & waitstaff we liked & asked the staff at the entrance who assigns seating to have the same table & servers. He wrote it down & said consider it done. We also requested the same table & servers for our next cruise…done. So if requested & it’s available nightly it is possible to get the same table & servers…at least in Ketchikan. 😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Will Discovery be like the car that's in the driveway sticking out over the sidewalk and onto the street? 🤪  

Yes it will!  But, the good news is we will get to leave Port before the Bliss..  Now do you think they will park head in like the Grand class ships or will they back in? It will be cool to watch.  Oh Yeah, maybe they will be able to deliver  the wine since the loading area is bigger. 🤣😀

Edited by dskenn

17 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

For anyone who might be interested in a more traditional dining experience at the same time, table & waitstaff here’s our experience in Ketchikan.

Before boarding the ship we had Skagway (6-mid) at the same time (1800) each night but upon boarding it was changed to Ketchikan (6-aft) at 1800. That likely benefited us because Skagway has a section reserved for Club Class. It’s been our experience in Ketchikan that beginning at 1900 lines to enter were backed up onto the stairs when finishing our dinner at about 1920. We only briefly had massage chairs when the thrusters were used when departing ports.

On the 2nd night we found a table & waitstaff we liked & asked the staff at the entrance who assigns seating to have the same table & servers. He wrote it down & said consider it done. We also requested the same table & servers for our next cruise…done. So if requested & it’s available nightly it is possible to get the same table & servers…at least in Ketchikan. 😊

Is there a Princess email where we can email in advance to request a table for 2 or location? Thanks!

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing . My friends and I are always wearing our masks except when we eat or  drink. Even being cautious, one in our group tested positive last night.She had symptoms.

They made her change rooms to isolation this morning. No second week for them. They will be disembarked tomorrow. Fortunately they can be driven home tomorrow (Princess arranged).

I bet if the disembarking passengers were tested, there would be lots of positive cases.We will never know how many are walking germs.

Edited by san diego sue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing . My friends and I are always wearing ours except when we eat or  drink. Even being cautious, one in our group tested positive last night.She had symptoms.

They made her change rooms to isolation this morning. No second week for them. They will be disembarked tomorrow. Fortunately they can be driven home tomorrow (Princess arranged).

I bet if the disembarking passengers were tested, there would be lots of positive cases.We will never know how many are walking germs.

Exactly!  We were at lunch yesterday and seated next to maskless people coughing. And coughing. We asked immediately to be reseated.  Which one exclaimed RUDE!  I responded we haven't had covid and don't intend to get it.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, dskenn said:

Yes it will!  But, the good news is we will get to leave Port before the Bliss..  Now do you think they will park head in like the Grand class ships or will they back in? It will be cool to watch.  Oh Yeah, maybe they will be able to deliver  the wine since the loading area is bigger. 🤣😀

On Royal-class ships I’ve sailed from B92 they backed down the channel to the turn basin…same departing B50. I’d guess Discovery will go straight in to B93 & backup into the channel by the bridge.

Hopefully more wine onboard. 🤞🍷

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing . My friends and I are always wearing our masks except when we eat or  drink. Even being cautious, one in our group tested positive last night.She had symptoms.

Exactly. We are staying outside as much as possible since very few are wearing masks and seem to be proud of it.  Those of us on b2b bookings have to pass the test multiple times.  It would certainly be kind and courteous for others onboard to recognize that their refusal to mask ultimately affects others.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Exactly!  We were at lunch yesterday and seated next to maskless people coughing. And coughing. We asked immediately to be reseated.  Which one exclaimed RUDE!  I responded we haven't had covid and don't intend to get it.  

Good for you.  We had to move at breakfast for the same reason and got the cbs eye from the incessant coughers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

On Royal-class ships I’ve sailed from B92 they backed down the channel to the turn basin…same departing B50. I’d guess Discovery will go straight in to B93 & backup into the channel by the bridge.

Hopefully more wine onboard. 🤞🍷

I still don't know if they have Nobilo or Dashwood.  Can you please ask in dining room tonight.

If not I am going to bring some on board.

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Person coughing in the MDR around others is RUDE! 

• Like 3