Teen Drinks...

So....

I'm confused by something that happened on Allure a few months back.

It was the last days of the cruise... my wife and I both had the drink pkg,and my 12 year old daughter had a soda pkg only.

My wife and my daughter were on the rising tide one night and my wife ordered a drink for herself a  mock-tail for my daughter and put card down to pay for it.

telling him she didn't have a drink pkg.

The bartender said, "No, but she's diamond plus, so she gets 5 free drinks."

I was like, i don't think that's right. 

But sure enough the next day.... i was at another bar with her and she ordered a non alcoholic drink and they asked if she would like to use one of her free drinks.

So.....  do kids/teens get 5 free drinks too?   

I was thinking of getting her a refreshment pkg this cruise, but if she really does get 5 free mocktails a day I won't.

Anyone know the official rule?

5 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Anyone know the official rule?

Since the restart and new drink related perks, kids also get drinks. The only thing that is YMMV is whether you could get alcoholic drinks with their card.  

Youth on board offer letter in this thread:

Clearly states "daily drink vouchers (tier specific)".  

Later in the thread above the same youth drink vouchers for Brilliance.  Pretty sure it's fleet wide.  

• Like 1

Yes, kids/teens do get the free drinks loaded on their Seapass just like adults do. So, just like adults, you should weigh whether or not the soda package is worth it. She gets 5 drinks a day. Will she drink enough after those to justify the soda package?

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

It’s been confirmed that adults can use the drinks too, up to $13. Some parents buy their kids the drinks or refreshment package and take their coupons.

Not on every ship.  Tried numerous different bars on Indy and the answer was no by every bartender.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

My wife and my daughter were on the rising tide one night and my wife ordered a drink for herself a  mock-tail for my daughter and put card down to pay for it.

telling him she didn't have a drink pkg.

The bartender said, "No, but she's diamond plus, so she gets 5 free drinks."

I was under the impression that drink vouchers are not accepted at the Rising Tide bar.  Am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was under the impression that drink vouchers are not accepted at the Rising Tide bar.  Am I wrong?

We used the vouchers at the Rising Tide bar on the Symphony.

50 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

So maybe it's ship by ship or they changed the policy?

Hoping others currently on other Oasis class ships will chime in.

* There are only 2 places that we know of where we couldn't use the vouchers: Bionic bar and Starbucks.

• Like 1

I tried using my son’s vouchers to get myself an adult beverage on both Harmony and Odyssey and it was a no go...I think they’re on to us 😂!   But he did take advantage of his own vouchers to get non-alcoholic frozen drinks, mocktails, and sodas. Smoothies, too! 5 of them with D+. No need for refreshment package! If he didn’t use all of them for the day he would go to a bar and get the remainder of the vouchers in bottled waters for our room. 

We all used vouchers on Rising Tide on both Allure and Harmony with no issues. 

Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 1

The reference to "vouchers" seems incorrect to me.  The D+ drinks are tied to each of our seapass cards.  To use someone's 'not drinking age' seapass card to get an alcohol drink would surely not be allowed.  It would likely be frowned upon.  I have used my son's (adult) card along with my card to get a drink for him and a beer for me without any issues.  We have sailed on 5 Royal cruises since restart and have not exceeded the 5 drinks in any of thore 35 days.  

Something to be aware of. At dinner in the main dining room, my daughter ordered a couple of non-alcoholic drinks, while my husband had a glass of wine (ordered as Diamond drinks). Later that evening I ordered my first diamond drink for that day and was told afterwards that I had one left, not the 3 that I expected. It seems that since I was technically in the same cabin as my daughter (and husband with our other daughter in another cabin), when my daughter gave our room number to the assistant waiter, my daughters Diamond drinks were taken off my card, not hers. The bartenders wouldn’t allow me to order my 2 alcoholic drinks using her seapass card. We spoke to guest services and it was not an easy situation to fix but I was able to use her card in the end.  After that we clearly specified whose seapass card was to be used for the Diamond drinks.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

The reference to "vouchers" seems incorrect to me.  The D+ drinks are tied to each of our seapass cards.  To use someone's 'not drinking age' seapass card to get an alcohol drink would surely not be allowed.  It would likely be frowned upon.  I have used my son's (adult) card along with my card to get a drink for him and a beer for me without any issues.  We have sailed on 5 Royal cruises since restart and have not exceeded the 5 drinks in any of thore 35 days.  

Just an FYI-“Vouchers” is the word used by Royal itself when explaining this benefit....so, of course it seems incorrect, lol!

ONBOARD REWARDS

From onboard coupons to exclusive invitations and events: These are just some of the onboard perks you'll receive as part of your Crown & Anchor® Society membership.

• Onboard Offers are preloaded to your SeaPass card. Refer to your onboard Welcome Letter for details.
  • Signature Lapel Pin
  • Welcome Amenity upon arrival6
  • Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/Vitality℠ Day Spa Services/Main Dining Room
  • Diamond Lounge Access (on select ships)7
  • Daily Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge with light h'ordeuvres.
  • Five beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time, including the daily Happy Hour and private destinations.
  • Priority access to dedicated seating in entertainment venues up to 45 minutes prior to showtime9
  • Cheers with an Officer and lunch event for members with 340 or more cruise points10
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points
  • Bonus Gift for Members with 340 or more cruise points11
  • Matching Celebrity Cruises® Captain's Club member benefits 5
Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Hoping others currently on other Oasis class ships will chime in.

* There are only 2 places that we know of where we couldn't use the vouchers: Bionic bar and Starbucks.

Just got off the Oasis. I can confirm my 8 year old and 13 year old were able to use their 4 D vouchers for mocktails. They did not work for JR milkshakes, but they worked at any bar and in MDR.

Just a heads up, you will need to enable charging privilege's on the kids accounts for them to use the vouchers. My kids vouchers were blocked the first day. Guest Services told me the way the system works, if they don't have any charging ability then it cant even begin to ring up..so they never get to the popup to use a voucher. All I had to do was add 1 cent pre-loaded onto each of their cards at GS and worked perfectly rest of the trip.

Edited by jrapps
  • Like 1