B2B Covid Testing

fnw

3 minutes ago, fnw said:

I am on Vision April 8 B2B with April 18. I am sure I will need another test before the second cruise.  How does this happen?

I was tested on the day prior to disembarking.  It was set up in one of the venues on board and we were instructed to show up between 7:30 and 8:30 am.

It was about 4 hours later that I received the e mailed results.

• Like 1

I’m doing a side to side in December.  I’m hoping by then testing will be gone but I assume Royal will do the testing for me as well?   Going from Royal to Royal ship.  My TA says there’s no way to link the cruises so I’ll just need to inform them on board the first ship.  Any one with experience on this?

We are doing a HAL cruise out of Port Everglades followed 2 days later by a Royal cruise out of Port Canaveral.  We plan to bring along emed tests and keep them in the HAL fridge and do the test on shore once we check in to our between cruise hotel.  We have done 3 b2b cruises since restart and they all did testing last full morning of first cruise.  We got the results later that day via email and that evening on paper.  They seem to have it figured out.

29 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’m doing a side to side in December.  I’m hoping by then testing will be gone but I assume Royal will do the testing for me as well?   Going from Royal to Royal ship.  My TA says there’s no way to link the cruises so I’ll just need to inform them on board the first ship.  Any one with experience on this?

Yes they are currently testing cruisers who are doing a side to side.  You need to let guest services know.

11 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Will they print out the results for you?  We’re doing a B2B on 4/17 and will be going  to Kennedy Space Center between trips.  I imagine they’ll want to see the results when we reboard.

yes and they will also send via email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Just did a B2B on Explorer and morning day before cruise end day we went to a venue and were quickly and easily tested. Results sent to our email a couple of hours later.

We are on Explorer B2B Sunday and that was exactly what I was expecting.  Our last day on the first leg is SMX and we don't get in until noon, so figured they would do it that morning.  Did they also do the B2B meeting that morning.

3 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We plan to bring along emed tests and keep them in the HAL fridge and do the test on shore once we check in to our between cruise hotel. 

What?  I have never heard anyone mention that they kept the test kits refrigerated.  Checking the box now I see that they should be stored between 35.6 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.  Good to know but that's pretty much the temperature I store myself at so easily done 🙂

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

What?  I have never heard anyone mention that they kept the test kits refrigerated.  Checking the box now I see that they should be stored between 35.6 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.  Good to know but that's pretty much the temperature I store myself at so easily done 🙂

I keep mine in a hall closet at 70 - 72 degrees.

19 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I understand your comment, but I will not leave them in my car for a week in Ft.  Lauderdale parking lot.  86 seems likely in a closed car in South Florida.  That being said, some of the cruise ship stateroom fridges may be out of the 35-86 range (on the high side)😨