Now that the CDC has dropped travel health notice for cruises...

LauraS

Now that the CDC had dropped travel health notice for cruises, will you book a future cruise?  

7,260 members have voted

1. 1. Will you book your future cruise?

• Actually, I'm already booked!
    • Yes, I'm looking to book very soon
    • Yes, but I'm still waiting to see if protocols will be loosened (masks, testing, etc.)
    • Yes, but I'll wait until there are less cases of Covid-19 & variants
    • I'm unsure whether I will cruise in the near future
    • Nope. Uh uh no. Never cruising again.

"I am anxious to cruise again but will not do so until things are back to the "old normal" . No Covid vax  proof required, no testing, no masks, no stuff closed or severely altered, no problems with shore excursions or going ashore by ourselves, etc. I have a long list of place to go. "

Exactly this! Unless & until we get back to pre-Covid cruising protocols & ports allow independent visits we won't be cruising again.

• Like 4

I really do not care, unless things go back up to High level.  I've been wearing a mask every day at work for 2 years, wearing it to stores and on transit for almost the same time.  I don't know what the issue is with them.   I've been vax'd and boosted.  I'll show my document to anyone who wants to see it.  Take another test?  No problem, I've had several already, what's another one.  I had COVID back in January 2020, before any testing or such (diagnosed as "presumptive COVID" after much looking at things and COVID symptoms were documented).  Now, I'm a long hauler, still dealing with a few post-COVID issues.  I'm wearing my mask today at work.  I have had zero problems socializing with my owners and guests at the condos I work for, so having a mask on a vacation would be no problem for socialization for me. 

Doing a month in Europe, including a canal barge cruise in Provence, in July.  Whatever I'm asked to do, I'm more than willing to do it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are unsure about further cruises.  If we do cruise again it will have to be in a cabin with a balcony so we have access to fresh air and natural light in case we are confined to the cabin for an extended period.  Say goodbye to interior cabin on deck four amidships where the smoothest ride is.

You need another category in this poll:  Have cruised post Covid and now have cancelled future cruise(s).

DH and I cruised in January on the Caribbean Princess.  The ship was at 33% capacity and had mask requirements for everywhere indoors and we felt very safe.  We (group of 6) cruised in March on the Enchanted Princess (at 66% capacity) and wore masks in elevators, in the theater, and on excursion transportation.  One of us got a headache the day before disembarkation and another (spouse of the first) felt congested the afternoon of disembarkation.  They both tested positive for Covid within days.  Four of us had negative tests.

Our next cruise - a family (8 members; 6 adults, a 7 year old and an almost 3 year old) cruise replacing one cancelled because of Covid - was due for final payment on March 23.  It already had one complication:  the almost 3 year old granddaughter and a vaccine for young children under 5 that hasn't been released yet.  About 6 weeks ago Princess dropped the requirement that prohibited children under 5 since they were not vaccinated that would have forced us (and lots of other families on a summer Caribbean cruise) to cancel and added an additional test at the pier for them. 

The family made a unanimous decision to cancel because she would still be at risk without a vaccine as would potentially anyone who came into contact with her.  Given the recent outbreaks on the Ruby and the Sky Princess both in numbers and how appalling it seems Princess' treatment of infected passengers and their traveling companions has been we're even more relieved to have cancelled.  Imagine getting quarantined in a small room with a 7 or 2 year old for days!  We postponed until next July hoping that the third time is a charm!

• Thanks 1

My first cruise was with my daughter this past September on the Oasis of the Seas. Had a Boardwalk Balcony and we loved it AND we loved the reduced capacity! Next one is tomorrow on NCL’s Getaway with my husband. We’re vaxxed and boosted and tested.  I masked in Sept and I’ll mask for this one, too.  I work in a hospital and I’m so used to wearing masks (although I AM happy when it’s not an N95 which is painful after awhile when it’s done right) and taking Covid tests at work that it doesn’t bother me at all plus my allergies are much less when I mask (not surprising)! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would bet that a lot of people who said they had already booked a cruise, booked their cruises before the new ruling. I have already been on two pandemic-era cruises and had already booked my next cruise when the announcement came out. LOL!

Edited to add that I have thoroughly enjoyed the reduced capacity cruises.

Edited by HarborHermit
  • Like 1

You also need to remember that with ships returning to near full capacity  there is a good

chance that the old norovirus plagues will return.

Off ship, norovirus is on the increase in the US and UK  so keep washing your hands.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 1:46 PM, LauraS said:

Take the poll....share when or where you'll cruise in the replies!

Life is short.. however I will only book on Viking right now as their protocols on the Sept. 2021 Med 21 day we took, was so excellent & not 1 person had covid! 

On 4/1/2022 at 5:45 PM, TechPotato said:

No category for "I am waiting for Meet & Mingle to return" 🙃! But hey, I couldn't wait. 3 cruises this year starting in 28 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes. But who's counting?

Return?    There was a m&G being organised with the help of Princess last October.

If you want to run one I think the contact is   grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com. 

EDIT

Ah ha    - I see now you are not a Princess cruiser.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Return?    There was a m&G being organised with the help of Princess last October.

If you want to run one I think the contact is   grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com. 

EDIT

Ah ha    - I see now you are not a Princess cruiser.

Only Royal until next year. Need to make Diamond first 🙂