Now that the CDC has dropped travel health notice for cruises...

LauraS

Now that the CDC had dropped travel health notice for cruises, will you book a future cruise?  

7,260 members have voted

1. 1. Will you book your future cruise?

• Actually, I'm already booked!
    • Yes, I'm looking to book very soon
    • Yes, but I'm still waiting to see if protocols will be loosened (masks, testing, etc.)
    • Yes, but I'll wait until there are less cases of Covid-19 & variants
    • I'm unsure whether I will cruise in the near future
    • Nope. Uh uh no. Never cruising again.

We had Alaska booked for September 2020 and 2021 and kept pushing it - we decided we don't want a smaller ship (RCL Serenade) in cooler weather so we moved it to our home port, Port Canaveral, Harmony, October 30th. Very excited - love the ship and Perfect Day. 

• Like 1

My wife & I are booked on a HA transatlantic cruise sailing on Nov 5, 2022. Using masks in a crowded port, plane ride, or during crowded cruise assemblies would not be a deterrent for cruising. But the possibility of a quarantine overseas or onboard ship is a concern (and might cause us to cancel). 

• Like 2

We are booked on a cruise that included the Black Sea.  We just lost our enthusiasm for it since the war in Ukraine began.  Not into mines.  Trip has two stops in  Turkey which was a big reason for going.  INITIALLY.  The war appears to be dragging on and we leave in the fall this year.

In addition, we booked a cruise to the Panama Canal, where we had been before BUT wanted to grab Nicaragua to make our last country in North America.  Alas, almost all companies have dropped that stop due to the State Dept warnings.

• Like 1

I am anxious to cruise again but will not do so until things are back to the "old normal" . No Covid vax  proof required, no testing, no masks, no stuff closed or severely altered, no problems with shore excursions or going ashore by ourselves, etc. I have a long list of place to go. 

Edited by greetingcardmom
forgot to mention something
  • Like 12

Had a March 2020 group cruise cancelled twice by the cruise line and then the last time by the promoter. I am double-vaxxed & boostered but want to wait to reschedule it when masking & testing protocols are loosened so the cruise will be more enjoyable. However, the promoter states they are waiting until there are waaaaay less cases of Covid-19 & variants before rescheduling the cruise again. ☹️

• Like 1

done several cruises but waiting for political science to fade away. not gonna play their non'vax' restrictions game. they get some credit for advising n95 but i knew surgical mask are near worthless when this started. i got minimal covid complaints with no vax. many in my circle got vax side effects or adverse effects.

drop restrictions then i will return.

• Like 9

we're  booked on the jade this april 8th from athens, the star sept 16th from london and again on the star nov 27th from lisbon.

if all goes well, the good lord willin" and the crick dont rise, set 2023 from icelans as my better half wants to see the northern lights.

• Like 2

@LauraS

Hi   Can you say exactly what Travel health notices CDC has dropped?   A link will do.

Here in England we  dont have any testing  quarantine masks etc  .gov has dropped all that

but if you want to go on a cruise ship   ALL  cruise lines  insist on a 2 or 3day  pre cruise test.

Official   (not free )  and masking on parts of the ship.

I have  tried asking the Chamber of UK Shipping   and CLIA UK    and Princess what is driving

this  as the testing   2 or 3 days before doesnt  seem to make a lot of sense.

I assumed therefore that it is the CDC   We are booked on 3 cruises   so if we were to

pay Princess's  "Nominal"  $60  a test   that is  $360  - one person could go on a 2/3 day cruise for that 😉

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 3

I am booked on Greek Islands from Athens with Celestyal in August (love this cruise line), with RCC from Barbados Caribbean in November and China/Japan in Feb/March 2023 with Holland America. Looking forward to all of them.

My sister just got back from 14 nights

P & O Caribbean and sat with 3 other unknown couples (8 people) on a table for dinner, then had to sit apart with masks in the theatre. Crazy eh!

I'll be pleased when everything goes back to normal, if ever....

• Like 2

😎  Am leaving April 8th (YAY!) on the Constellation, have one booked for Halloween on RCCL and also am booked for the Christmas/New Year cruise on the Constellation. Even at my age (not telling) I am forging ahead with positivity and hope. Ahoy and God Speed! Que Sera Sera.

• Like 2

We’re booked on AMAWaterways for Best of Holland and Belgium river cruise in June and Azamara Panama Canal cruise from Lima to Miami in February. Thankful for the safety measures that make cruising possible. Happy to wear a mask! 

• Like 2

Considering where I live, I am safer statistically on a cruise ship.

I do not fault the cruise lines for their precautions.  If their medical facilities (or morgue) are overwhelmed with people for whom Covid is NOT just a common cold, I fear a repeat of March 2020.  The industry cannot survive that.
For the record, we were on one of the last cruises to make it home before ports (including Miami) were closed and left people offshore for days to get sick and die.

Given all the shots I've had over the years for our world travels, Covid vax/booster is no big deal to us.  Also, once I got past the "I don't wanna" stage, masks are OK too.

Testing is a hassle but I understand why they are doing it.

Note:  Obviously, some feel differently (5% of survey responses?) and I respect that.
I actually appreciate their decision not to cruise rather than board and flout any rules the ship has in place.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1