Now that the CDC has dropped travel health notice for cruises...

LauraS

Now that the CDC had dropped travel health notice for cruises, will you book a future cruise?  

7,260 members have voted

1. 1. Will you book your future cruise?

• Actually, I'm already booked!
    • Yes, I'm looking to book very soon
    • Yes, but I'm still waiting to see if protocols will be loosened (masks, testing, etc.)
    • Yes, but I'll wait until there are less cases of Covid-19 & variants
    • I'm unsure whether I will cruise in the near future
    • Nope. Uh uh no. Never cruising again.

We were on Quest in November 2021 and it was a wonderful cruise. No COVID cases and everyone was happy.Ā  It was wonderful to be back on Azamara.

We are booked on a B2B in SeptemberĀ  2022Ā  on Pursuit;Ā  May 23 Singapore to Athens;Ā  October 23 B2B Venice to Athens.

We Love Azamara!!!

18 hours ago, LauraS said:

Take the poll....share when or where you'll cruise in the replies!

Weā€™re booked Nov 6- Dec 2 2022. Princess. T/A

Ā 

Princess:- Ā  Ā Jan 29- Feb 12 2023. Ā  Ā  CaribbeanĀ 

HAL:- Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Feb 12 - 19. 2023. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā ā€œ

Celebrity :- Ā  Feb 19 - Mar 6 2023. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  ā€œ

5 minutes ago, Sandy48167 said:

Leaving April 18 for a 15 night Panama Canal and July doing a Danube River Cruise. July's only subject to conditions in Central Europe. Both have been postponed from 2019.

We love river cruising in Europe especially the Christmas Markets.Ā  Hope July works out for you

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LauraS said:

Cruising in July 2022 on Norwegian Dawn for 10 days to the Baltic. Booked on the Norwegian Dawn Sept 2023 for 10 days to the British Isles.

• Like 1

My wife and IĀ  are planning a european cruise.Ā  Ā Between varying levels of Covid restrictions and some destinations still requiring testing a few days before arrival, we have decided to wait a year.Ā  Ā  Covid is likely to be with us for while.Ā  Ā We just need to learn to live with it and get past some of the restrictions that really are not effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Testing is a hassle but I understand why they are doing it.

I dont , yesĀ  fully jabbed boosted & maskedĀ  happy with that but a test you have to pay for

pre cruise day 2 or 3?Ā  Ā My theory isĀ  that you get a test and it is clear.Ā  You get to the ship

and dont have any symptoms.Ā  Ā Many experts suggest thatĀ  when you get covid you Ā areĀ 

most infectiousĀ  from 2 days after you catch it and may not have any symptoms.

So anyone catching it whilst travelling to the shipĀ  and probably more likely to catch

it than being at home. Trains planes buses and subway full of superspreaders?

Day 3 or 4 of the cruise I dont feel well have covid and have been spreading it round

the shipĀ  for the previous 2 days?Ā  Ā  Ā How useful was the test?Ā  Ā A free self testĀ  on sail day

would be betterĀ  as long as the "cruise with confidence" is for real and my insurance co

dontĀ  deny a claim.Ā  Ā 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

A free self testĀ  on sail day

would be betterĀ  as long as the "cruise with confidence" is for real and my insurance co

dontĀ  deny a claim.Ā  Ā 

This would be my preference too since like you I understand the possibility of catching Covid after your negative test days earlier.Ā  In December we were tested by the cruise line before boarding.Ā 
However, we deal with the situation as it is or stay home I suppose.Ā  Personally, as I have posted earlier, I am safer on the ship than in the area in which I live.Ā  So if the ship is sailing, we will be onboard assuming we stay negative of course.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

Let's be honest, the policies requiring proof of vaccination and testing-to-board are sanity savers.Ā  Once aboard, you can feel relaxed knowing that all your fellow cruisers are vaccinated and tested, just like you.Ā  We had booked a cruise prior to COVID, and we enjoyed one of the last cruises to sail as COVID emerged.Ā  Even the flight home was stressful (no masking then), and we vowed to avoid cruising until some sanity returned.Ā  Since the return of sanity, we've cruised three times, and have two booked at the moment.Ā  I'm not sure how we would feel if all the protocols went out the window, since COVID variants are still around and highly potent.Ā 

Ā 

We expect to get the second round of boosters at some point but might wait closer to our cruise in November.Ā  Pandemics don't just end when we're tired of them.Ā  We're approaching 1 million deaths in the US, and no one is noticing anymore.Ā  The 1918 Spanish Flu's worst season was 1920.Ā  Let's avoid a repeat just to cruise with "fewer restrictions".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Ā 
However, we deal with the situation as it is or stay home I suppose.Ā Ā 

Ā Not really.Ā  We are choosing to spend our vacation dollars on land vacations where there is no masking, no testing and if you do start to feel ill you can just drive home.Ā  If the protocols change to something less then enjoyable where you are you can just check out and drive someplace else.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ā Not really.Ā  We are choosing to spend our vacation dollars on land vacations where there is no masking, no testing and if you do start to feel ill you can just drive home.Ā  If the protocols change to something less then enjoyable where you are you can just check out and drive someplace else.Ā Ā 

I'm glad that is a pleasant alternative for you.Ā  To me a land vacation to which I can drive is just another day in retirement, pretty much the same as just staying home. Not worth the effort to me.Ā  Note, I completely respect your choice.Ā  We all decide which options are best for us.Ā Ā 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LauraS said:

Going on Celebrity Summit (love the ship) AQUA CLASS( Blu is my favorite dining)

Going to Puerto Plata and hope to get go up Mt Isabella del Torres to visit the Christ the Redemer and the gardens. I am in cruise withdrawal...

• Like 1

We are booked, but not until the summer of 2023. DW and I fell in love with an itinerary we saw from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik. When I first saw it and the dates, I thought we could spend our 45th anniversary on the cruise, but then (this was last year) saw that the ship was not built yet and the itinerary we saw was for 2023. Oh well, 46th anniversary will be on the ship (NCL Prima). Hopefully by then all testing requirements will be gone. (We are vaccinated and boosted, so those requirements are not a problem for us.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 7continentKaren said:

We are booked on a cruise that included the Black Sea.Ā  We just lost our enthusiasm for it since the war in Ukraine began.Ā  Not into mines.Ā  Trip has two stops inĀ  Turkey which was a big reason for going.Ā  INITIALLY.Ā  The war appears to be dragging on and we leave in the fall this year.

Ā 

In addition, we booked a cruise to the Panama Canal, where we had been before BUT wanted to grab Nicaragua to make our last country in North America.Ā  Alas, almost all companies have dropped that stop due to the State Dept warnings.

We have b2b Panama Canal booked on Princess at the end of this year and both legs stop in Nicaragua.Ā  Will see if Princess drops that port before we sail.Ā Ā 

Ā 

We started in November with a Celebrity to the Galapagos.Ā  We also did an Azamara in the Caribbean.Ā  They did a fantastic job on keeping everyone safe.Ā  Ship was only 1/3 full (neat).Ā  Only two ports (Dominica and St. Lucia) required you be on a ship excursion in order to get off.Ā  Two more future cruises booked (Med and S. Africa) with another (Ireland) likely.

• Like 1

The COVID restrictions never really bothered us.Ā  We absolutely loved cruising on a half empty Carnival Horizon last year and sorta wish we would have cruised more while the cruise lines were on extremely reduced capacity.

Ā 

Regardless we've taken advantage of the multiple offers the last few years to book cruises, and have 3 scheduled at rates far below the normal pricing.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

We have been on a total of 7 cruises since June 2021 - including the First cruise out of North America on Celebrity Millennium out of St Maarten. Also a transatlantic out of Barcelona in Oct.Ā  And have another 2 booked for this year so far.Ā  We are both vaxed and boosted and yet I still returned fromĀ  our last cruise with covid - flu symptoms for one day, then just cough for another week...

Masks were required on the ship while in Europe, but as soon as we were in International waters, they were optional. Not a big deal. I'll take this anyday as opposed to not being able to travel....Bring on the next ( in 3 weeks).Ā 

• Like 2

No category for "I am waiting for Meet & Mingle to return"Ā šŸ™ƒ! But hey, I couldn't wait. 3 cruises this year starting in 28 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes. But who's counting?

Edited by TechPotato
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1