Now that the CDC has dropped travel health notice for cruises...

LauraS

Now that the CDC had dropped travel health notice for cruises, will you book a future cruise?  

7,260 members have voted

1. 1. Will you book your future cruise?

• Actually, I'm already booked!
    • Yes, I'm looking to book very soon
    • Yes, but I'm still waiting to see if protocols will be loosened (masks, testing, etc.)
    • Yes, but I'll wait until there are less cases of Covid-19 & variants
    • I'm unsure whether I will cruise in the near future
    • Nope. Uh uh no. Never cruising again.

• LauraS changed the title to Now that the CDC has dropped travel health notice for cruises...

Booked about one year ago for Celebrity cruise out of Rome in September and also have another Celebrity cruise booked out of FLL over Xmas and New Years (both 2022).  CDC had little to do with these, I just figured we ought to be back to near-normal by then.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 4

Well, I guess I jumped ahead a bit as I have already sailed 🙂  We did a short cruise on Celebrity Millennium in January for our wedding anniversary!

I will be sailing soon too - a short cruise to the Bahamas and will be my first time at Coco Cay!  Excited 🤩

• Like 3

Cruised Celebrity Millennium Nov. into Dec, 2021, Constellation, Feb. into Mar, 2022. We'll be leaving on the Oceania Regatta on 4/6/22 for an 18 night cruise from Tahiti to L.A. Yes, we were ready to set out to sea again!

Edited by 95glide
  • Like 1

I have a cruise booked ex UK for August when I hope things will have settled to 'normal' settings. 🤞

The rest of the travel industry seems to be getting back to pre covid procedures so I think it good the CDC has updated its guidance to reflect the waning of covid to a level on par with flu and Norovirus  both of which we've been travelling and living with for a lot of years. JMO

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Typos
  • Like 3

I have already sailed in October, November, and March. I’m sailing to the ABC islands on Carnival’s Horizon in May. Then, I’m going on a much overdue friends’ cruise on Carnival’s Liberty in June. We will be celebrating my niece’s graduation on Mardi Gras in July, and we’ll be cruising on Carnival’s Magic in November. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not booking until:

1. No masks required guaranteed even in ports

2. No tests required unless requested by the cruiser

3. No chance of having to quarantine in a different cabin

I voted as to being unsure if I will cruise again in the near future.  The reasons listed by the poster above are the same as mine with this exception:  no tests required whatsoever.  

However, if tests will still be needed, the mask requirements are the most offensive to me.  Wearing a mask poses physical issues for me.  Having to deal with crew members having to wear a mask is not a normal experience for me and I am unwilling to accept this as the "new normal".  

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not booking until:

1. No masks required guaranteed even in ports

2. No tests required unless requested by the cruiser

3. No chance of having to quarantine in a different cabin

THIS!!!!!

• Like 6

I'm waiting for loosened restrictions and a little more stability.  I'm tired of having cruises canceled, plus I can't wear a mask for very long without getting really bad headaches, so I keep hoping TSA will loosen mask rules.  Then, I'll think about booking a cruise again.

• Like 8

Already cruised in Dec on Azamara.  It was fine!  Wore masks except when eating, drinking, or out on decks.  No problem.  Got another cruise in a couple of weeks on Viking and one on Celebrity in Sept and a several more booked.  Ready to travel and live again!!  Time is wasting!  Let’s go!

• Like 6

After six cancelled cruises (by the cruise lines not myself) I’m determined to making up for lost time. I took a cruise in September and December of 2021, a cruise in February of 2022 and leave on the next one in three weeks. Life is too short. Cruise on!

• Like 10

Have 2 cruises (Princess) booked for May (Alaska) and Nov.( So.Caribbean), 2022.  We had a third cruise (Canada/NE) booked for 2022 (NCL) but we have moved this one up a year.  Had 4 cruises cancelled in 2020 and 2021.

Find the pre-testing requirement a bit stressful, but we understand and appreciate the reasons why.  Will wear masks when needed.  Fully vaccinated, boosted & anxious to get back to cruising!!

Edited by Cruzinnana47
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LauraS said:

Take the poll....share when or where you'll cruise in the replies!

Western Caribbean leaving April 30, 2022. Looking at an Alaskan cruise now!

• Like 1

we have 4 deposits with Norwegian  but until they remove Vax mandates we will not cruise.  We had Covid and have natural immunity.  That should be acceptable.  We will not cruise as we will not get the Jabs.  Hopefully mandates will be lifted soon, or we will have to find someone that wants the deposits.  have 2 expiring this year.  ;(

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We took our first cruise last month on a whim and have another scheduled at the end of April.  One more is on the books for the fall.  

I hope they don't try and hit us up with a fuel surcharge... but I don't think so as these were booked a while ago.

• Like 2

Cruised 12 days in December, 11 in February.  Also took a 8 day Belize vacation.  

I'm not asking anyone else to make it safe for me to travel.  I'll take care of myself, thank-you very much.  If you and I are on the same boat, you do as you wish.  I may avoid some folks, but I won't tell anyone else what to do.

I wear a mask appropriate to my perceived risk to myself, p100 on airplanes, n95 in crowded areas, none in low risk areas.  If forced to mask, I wear n95.  Never a surgical mask, never a cloth face decoration.

I've vaxed and boosted, both Pfizer and Moderna, and flu, Hep, shingles, typhoid, yellow fever, (too bad a vax for the common cold or arthritis hasn't come arround, or I'd get them).

I carry hand sanitizer, and wash hands frequently.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2