New D+ members and need help with Speciality dining

Hi, we are sailing in about two weeks.  This will be our first cruise as D+.  We are doing a five night the end of April, then a short break and back for a 3B.  It is my understanding that each (DH and myself) get a BOGO for dining at a specialty restaurant.  We will be on the Navigator and would like to try Jamie's for lunch and maybe a dinner.  I don't see how to do that under "Plan My Cruise".  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

2 minutes ago, imola said:

Hi, we are sailing in about two weeks.  This will be our first cruise as D+.  We are doing a five night the end of April, then a short break and back for a 3B.  It is my understanding that each (DH and myself) get a BOGO for dining at a specialty restaurant.  We will be on the Navigator and would like to try Jamie's for lunch and maybe a dinner.  I don't see how to do that under "Plan My Cruise".  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Book as soon as you board.  Sometimes they require you to use the bogo 1st or 2nd nts.

13 minutes ago, imola said:

You can't do this ahead of time.  Book as soon as you board 

We used to book dinner ahead of time in our cruise planner, for the first 2 nights, pay for 4 meals.

Then  at each dinner when paying the bill(tip) they would take one meal off(giving us credit) telling them we are using our BOGOF coupon for Diamond Plus.

Can't you still do it that way?

Edited by Jimbo

The coupon is only available in the system for the first two days, so go speak to them the first day, make your desired reservations, and pay at that time so they can apply the coupon to the charge.

You can make your reservations for all the specialty dining venues at just one of the host stands -- you don't need to go around to each restaurant to make individual reservations at each. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We used to book dinner ahead of time in our cruise planner, for the first 2 nights, pay for 4 meals.

Then  at each dinner when paying the bill(tip) they would take one meal off(giving us credit) telling them we are using our BOGOF coupon for Diamond Plus.

Can't you still do it that way?

I also saw someone mention a similar strategy whereby they booked the meals in advance in the CP for just one person and then brought along the second person on the night.

We haven't reached D+ yet so have not tried in person. 

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I also saw someone mention a similar strategy whereby they booked the meals in advance in the CP for just one person and then brought along the second person on the night.

We haven't reached D+ yet so have not tried in person. 

I just think you get a better table location when you book ahead for 2 persons rather then just 1 and you Get the time and Restaurant's you want for the first 2 nights.

Wouldn't like to book the day we aren't boarding and not get the times or restaurants we wanted.

The credit we received we would just put it toward the tips at the end of the cruise. Worked fine that way for us.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I just think you get a better table location when you book ahead for 2 persons rather then just 1

Good point. I guess if you're booking solo you're potentially more likely to get a poorly located table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I just think you get a better table location when you book ahead for 2 persons

I'm not sure that is true.  I have asked many times to have my table moved to another empty table and almost always it's granted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I'm not sure that is true.  I have asked many times to have my table moved to another empty table and almost always it's granted.

Would depend on the time you get there and how busy it is at that time, not always other 2 toppers available to  change to.

We just got off Navigator on 4/1, booked our BOGO right after we boarded.

Jamie’s first night - no problem. Chops for second night was at a later time or they gave us a choice for later in the week. Later time was fine with us. We enjoyed both, but I liked Chops the best.

18 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

OK you book BOGO onboard.  Who do you see or call to make that happen??

Any restaurant will do all the bookings.  Might also be a host station when you board.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Any restaurant will do all the bookings.  Might also be a host station when you board.

That's what I thought, but last time on Odyssey we could not find one host station that was manned.

We finally went to the D club and talked to the concierge.

Sorry more questions.  Right now Jamie's is $32.99 + the 18% tip, which is supposed to be a discount.  If I wait to book on board anyone know what the price might be then?  I would suspect higher but don't know. 

Also is hooked open for lunch on any day? 

TIA for any info you can provide. 

6 hours ago, imola said:

Sorry more questions.  Right now Jamie's is $32.99 + the 18% tip, which is supposed to be a discount.  If I wait to book on board anyone know what the price might be then?  I would suspect higher but don't know. 

Also is hooked open for lunch on any day? 

TIA for any info you can provide. 

You can go on the app, go to dining and check Hooked each day. If they list a lunch menu, they are open. If open for lunch, it will only be on a sea day

23 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

You can go on the app, go to dining and check Hooked each day. If they list a lunch menu, they are open. If open for lunch, it will only be on a sea day

Thank you. 

• Like 1