Enchanted Princess - Suite/Club Class Dining

TiggerTony2

We are on the Enchanted Princess (for the first time) in June. Due to Covid, the last time we sailed with Princess was on the Sapphire in Asia in December 2018. On that ship Club Class dining was incorporated into one of the mid-ship (smaller) restaurants and it worked really well. The tables were well spaced and whilst we couldn't guarantee the same table every night, we could always choose between 3/4 tables, all of them good. We always have a table for 2 and over the years we have always managed to acquire a 'private' table i.e. one greater than 6 inches away from neighbouring diners! Having viewed a couple of videos of the Enchanted Princess, I am a little concerned that we may struggle to achieve a 'good' table his time around. Even in CC, most tables for 2 appear to be way too close to each other. 

Any thoughts, experience or tips would be much appreciated.

Club Class Dining will be off to the side of one of the main dining rooms.  There will be tables for two and all tables are separated far enough for covid.  Since you will only sit in table for two you may have to wait, or they will sit you at a table for four which is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

depends on what time you show up. Later arrival will have a better chance at selection. The tables are close together and require the shimmy and slide to get buy, with the exception of the two tops at the entrance.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, c-boy said:

depends on what time you show up. Later arrival will have a better chance at selection. The tables are close together and require the shimmy and slide to get buy, with the exception of the two tops at the entrance.

Thanks. What would call 'late'?

23 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

We were on Enchanted Mar 20-30.  We had club class. 

Some tables are better spaced such as a round table next to a 2 top,

but the row of 2 pple tables along the bench seating were quite close together.  

Thanks. Sorry - I don't understand what you mean by "next to a 2 top"?

Of all the cruise ships we have sailed on Princess seems to have the most passengers that like to eat early.  At 5:30 or 6 the dining rooms fill up.  We usually do not eat till around 7:30 when on vacation and most of the time we have our choose of tables.  This was the same for Club class on are last two cruises.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, franktown said:

Of all the cruise ships we have sailed on Princess seems to have the most passengers that like to eat early.  At 5:30 or 6 the dining rooms fill up.  We usually do not eat till around 7:30 when on vacation and most of the time we have our choose of tables.  This was the same for Club class on are last two cruises.

I don't believe it's just because they like to eat early, there is probably a desire on the part of many of the pax to catch the first seating for the theatre show.  I know that's one thing on my mind when sailing on Princess.

30 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I don't believe it's just because they like to eat early, there is probably a desire on the part of many of the pax to catch the first seating for the theatre show.  I know that's one thing on my mind when sailing on Princess.

Princess has also had tons of early diners. Pre covid I can remember lines snaking through the room waiting for anytime dining to open at 5:30. We never eat before 7:30 even at home and have never had an issue

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TiggerTony2 said:

Thanks. Sorry - I don't understand what you mean by "next to a 2 top"?

2 top is just a table for 2.   Sorry.  Lingo I picked up here .....  

They had a long row along the bench of tables for two.  If people wanted for 4, they'd pull 2 closer.  There was enough space between the tables of 2 for us to get past, but not much more.   

Definitely not private, and definitely not "6 feet apart".    Always ended up in conversation with the tables down the row, because we were all really just one long table.  

Then there were larger tables, round or rectangular, then a couple of tables for 2 put in between where there was space.    The service station was in the middle as well.   

The lineup and how busy it was varied.  If we were in port late, it was "crowded" a bit later.  

There was no specific time that was better or worse.   

• Like 1

On our Enchanted Princess cruise November 30, we had about 2300 passengers. We had Club Class dining.  First night we loved our servers and asked to be seated in the same area every night and for breakfast and lunch on sea days. We were accommodated 90 percent of the time. We had a table for two and they were close together, not bad, but you could have a conversation with the table next to us.

Loved the Enchanted Princess and the cruise. Staff on the entire ship were awesome! 

• Like 1

last time i was on regal, the club class 2 tops were so close i'm sure my butt was on the next table when i moved to the rear seat. combined with poor service it made me glad i only got an upsell and didnt pay full price for the privilege of sitting on top of each other. next day we sat with the peons and had a much roomier experience.   

6 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

2 top is just a table for 2.   Sorry.  Lingo I picked up here .....  

They had a long row along the bench of tables for two.  If people wanted for 4, they'd pull 2 closer.  There was enough space between the tables of 2 for us to get past, but not much more.   

Definitely not private, and definitely not "6 feet apart".    Always ended up in conversation with the tables down the row, because we were all really just one long table.  

Then there were larger tables, round or rectangular, then a couple of tables for 2 put in between where there was space.    The service station was in the middle as well.   

The lineup and how busy it was varied.  If we were in port late, it was "crowded" a bit later.  

There was no specific time that was better or worse.   

I’ve always wondered, what does “top” in “2 top” stand for? I could never figure it out when folks use the term.

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’ve always wondered, what does “top” in “2 top” stand for? I could never figure it out when folks use the term.

Tabletop? So the entire phrase "2 top" or "4 top", etc. means the number of seats at the table.  Just a guess.

Added:  you can find the answer to anything on Google.  From Restaurant Lingo:  22 Terms You Need to Know (https://eventupblog.tripleseat.com/restaurant-lingo-22-terms-you-need-know) :

1. 2-top, 4-top, etc.

What is 2-top and 4-top? This is the number of guests seated at a table. A two top table has 2 people, a four top table has 4—you get the gist. The host will usually use this term when telling a server the table or section they’re working has been sat with new guests.

In a sentence: “I just sat you with a 4-top on the patio.”

Edited by capriccio
  • Thanks 1

I have found the staff in Club Class always ready to work with you. If you want a table for two not close to another table, tell the Head Waiter exactly what you want. I believe they will try to accommodate you even if it means rearranging some of the tables for the next day. 

I know that they rearrange the tables in Club Class for every cruise based on the people booked. I was on a cruise a few years ago (pre-COVID) with eight family members in Club Class. They set up a table for eight specifically for our group, and it was available for us anytime, since they didn't have any other groups of eight in Club Class.

• Like 1