Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Last year we were on the Coral for a coastal cruise from 26th June. It could have been on that cruise and not the January or February ones this year.

That would be the one. 

This may jog your memory.
Here's the bit of doggerel that I penned for our meet up.

It could be sung to the tune of "The Teddy Bears' Picnic".

If you go down to the port today,

You're in for a big surprise.

If you go down to the port today,

You might not believe your eyes.

There in her glory, dazzling bright:

A big cruise ship, all shiny and white.

Today's the day we board the Coral Princess!

Who do you think you'll see there?

You won't see a picnicking bear!

There's old folk, young folk, fat, and thin...

And everybody is wearing a grin.

Embarkation Day is here!

I'm so happy I could dance and sing.

Hear us raise a mighty cheer,

Loud enough to make your ears ring.

It's two years since we have cruised.

I hope I have remembered what to pack:

I've formal clothes, my swimming togs,

My passport, and toothbrush;

Uploaded my negative RAT.

If you go to the Wheelhouse today,

At about half past three.

Do you know who you will see?

Irene, and Cilla, and all of the crew

From Cruise Critic, yes, me and you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

That would be the one. 

Embarkation Day is here!

I certainly remember your poetry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Last year we were on the Coral for a coastal cruise from 26th June. It could have been on that cruise and not the January or February ones this year.

Definitely the 26th June cruise! We had a great get-together in the Wheelhouse Bar.

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

That would be the one. 

Embarkation Day is here!

That was lovely! Especially as I think we were all a bit nervous about Covid, and your lovely ditty broke the ice beautifully. 😘

• Thanks 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had the suite and you folk came and had a look at it. 

For many of us it was our first post-pandemic cruise. The Roll Call was very active and we bonded online before we boarded. That made it a special cruise. 

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for your comment about my new avatar. It was a shot taken on the Coral Princess while we were in the Med during the world cruise.

Yes - ANZ share trading is now CMC Invest. I try not to think about the amount I paid for my shares pre-COVID.

Just a hunch, but there was lots of Saudi money that subscribed to the $8 shares and bonds that Carnival issued in 2020. I sense that investment priorities in the middle east have changed a little over the past couple of weeks, and that could lead to them cashing-out their Carnival holdings. Hopefully short lived.

Edited by arxcards
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Just a hunch, but there was lots of Saudi money that subscribed to the $8 shares and bonds that Carnival issued in 2020. I sense that investment priorities in the middle east have changed a little over the past couple of weeks, and that could lead to them cashing-out their Carnival holdings. Hopefully short lived.

At $11.06 now probably isn’t too bad a time to buy Carnival Corp shares, although as you indicate the price may well dip further. One long-term forecast suggests that the price might rise to $12 by the end of 2023 and then $17 by the end of 2024, $20 in 2025, $25 in 2026, $30 in 2028, $35 in 2031 and $40 in 2034. This has to be balanced against the exchange rate and at the moment the greenback  remains strong against the Aussie Dollar. 

I'm not too concerned about the short term fluctuations in price. I’m in for the long haul. My modest holdings of 100 shares give me OBC 😁 and I guess I'll hang onto my shares until my cruising days are over, or if I fall on hard times and need the money, or if they stop paying the OBC. 😱

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

At $11.06 now probably isn’t too bad a time to buy Carnival Corp shares, although as you indicate the price may well dip further. One long-term forecast suggests that the price might rise to $12 by the end of 2023 and then $17 by the end of 2024, $20 in 2025, $25 in 2026, $30 in 2028, $35 in 2031 and $40 in 2034. This has to be balanced against the exchange rate and at the moment the greenback  remains strong against the Aussie Dollar. 

I'm not too concerned about the short term fluctuations in price. I’m in for the long haul. My modest holdings of 100 shares give me OBC 😁 and I guess I'll hang onto my shares until my cruising days are over, or if I fall on hard times and need the money, or if they stop paying the OBC. 😱

Exactly.

Those short term numbers only matter if you are buying or selling. Currently no dividends, but as long as we are cruising, there is a decent dividend (in more ways than one).

It is worth looking in $AU dollar terms. Early in the week when I started looking, 100 shares was going to set me back around $1950. As it took a day for my account to setup and another day for my EFT to clear, I was lucky enough to see the cost come down to below $1800.

Back at the start of the thread 2.5 years, 100 shares was around $2500. There are plenty around here that will have received that $700 difference and more in OBC

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, arxcards said:

For those that suggested CMC Australia (ANZ), I have been impressed so far with the ease of it all.

And it's also very easy on the CMC website to be able to take a screen shot of your holdings and your personal details. I've been very surprised at the difficulty some people here have had in managing to get proof of holding information for requesting OBC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

And it's also very easy on the CMC website to be able to take a screen shot of your holdings and your personal details. I've been very surprised at the difficulty some people here have had in managing to get proof of holding information for requesting OBC.

I think most of this has been tied up in the perceived requirement of a statement. All that is needed is evidence of you holding 100+ CCL shares (You, the date, an entry of CCL shares).

Rather than the screen shot, there is also a download button on the right edge of that page (PC) to DL a pdf of current holdings. For me, it is just as easy to edit and attach to an email as a screenshot is. I haven't DL'd the app, but figure a phone screenshot would trump it all.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I think most of this has been tied up in the perceived requirement of a statement. All that is needed is evidence of you holding 100+ CCL shares (You, the date, an entry of CCL shares).

Yes, exactly.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Rather than the screen shot, there is also a download button on the right edge of that page (PC) to DL a pdf of current holdings. For me, it is just as easy to edit and attach to an email as a screenshot is. I haven't DL'd the app, but figure a phone screenshot would trump it all.

When I say 'screen shot' I'm using the term loosely. I just mean a true likeness of what's on the screen. I download the page (or segment of page) and then redact the personal information that's not required for the cruise line's purpose of applying OBC.

They're easy enough to attach as a pdf or whatever to an email. I keep a pro forma email in my 'OBC' file so I just have to fill in the particular details of the cruise in question to send to them.

• Like 2

Earlier in the thread, there seems to be a general Carnival Australia email to cover Australian brands. I didn't read the fine print at Shareholder Benefit | Carnival Corporation & plc correctly.

Who wooda thunk that Carnival Australia doesn't administer Carnival. The email for Carnival shareholder OBC is shareholders@carnival.com

On 10/20/2023 at 5:21 PM, arxcards said:

Nice avatar update Evon.

I note you mentioning ANZ earlier in the thread. I didn't go with them, or so I thought, but note they are now CMC Invest linked to an ANZ savings account. The shares have dipped a bit, and I should be in the fold tonight.

Has anyone been able to apply their OBC within 2 weeks of sailing?

We started with ANZ and still have investment accounts but the trading is through CMC Invest, it is easier and also provides an extra layer of security.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:17 AM, arxcards said:

Exactly.

Those short term numbers only matter if you are buying or selling. Currently no dividends, but as long as we are cruising, there is a decent dividend (in more ways than one).

It is worth looking in $AU dollar terms. Early in the week when I started looking, 100 shares was going to set me back around $1950. As it took a day for my account to setup and another day for my EFT to clear, I was lucky enough to see the cost come down to below $1800.

Back at the start of the thread 2.5 years, 100 shares was around $2500. There are plenty around here that will have received that $700 difference and more in OBC

Well we have had our shares since 2013, (price was close to $37/share) and have well and truly paid off the initial investment in OBC, as well as getting dividends $200 per annum until covid hit. It may take some time to get anywhere near our initial buying price but we will have numerous cruises in the meantime and hopefully dividends as well.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

Earlier in the thread, there seems to be a general Carnival Australia email to cover Australian brands. I didn't read the fine print at Shareholder Benefit | Carnival Corporation & plc correctly.

Who wooda thunk that Carnival Australia doesn't administer Carnival. The email for Carnival shareholder OBC is shareholders@carnival.com

Great response from Carnivall. I emailed the request yesterday afternoon, and received OBC confirmation just after midnight. 

Not as quick for Princess, but will be happy if we get it before we sail.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Womble99 said:

Lol I should have mentioned Princess as the topic has wandered across the CCL brands

Yeah, I presumed Princess, but also wondered about the wander.

For Princess, the current form on their website says it is combinable with other OBC offers .... but the current form on their website is also dated 2020.

4 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Lol I should have mentioned Princess as the topic has wandered across the CCL brands

Actually, the only reference to Australia is for those in the US/UK getting $AU OBC's on Australian cruises. https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/military-personnel-benefit.pdf