Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

16 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

To be honest its pretty straight forward, log into international > launch platform, then under documents you can see statements with the most recent at the top, they issue them every 3 months or if you request them they can do monthlyĀ šŸ‘Ā then just click to open and download and save to your desktop of whatever folder you want and it will auto save in PDF format which makes it easy for emailing or printing.

Ā 

SimplesĀ Ā šŸ˜€

ThanksĀ Hammer61

I'm with comsec too, and your tip with the document download is easier than the method I have been using.šŸ‘

On 10/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, Womble99 said:

Is Princess accepting emails again or back to the dark ages of faxing for requests?

We emailed for a few cruises and got a response within a week, all OBC applied for Princess, Cunard and P&O Australia, no problems.

There are changes ahead for Princess, largely around shareholder and military service OBC's being no longer combinable - one or the other.

Ā 

Please note that effective on 8 a.m. PDT on June 29, 2023 for all voyages departing after September 12, 2023, Shareholder and Military Onboard Credits have the following policy changes:

ā€¢ The Shareholder and Military OBC will no longer be combinable with each other.

ā€¢ The Military OBC will be non-refundable.

ā€¢Ā The Shareholder OBC is currently and will remain non-refundable.

Ā 

Cruise LengthĀ  Ā  Ā  Shareholder AmountĀ  Ā  Ā Military Amount

6 days or lessĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  $50/stateroomĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  $50/person

7 to 13 daysĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā $100/stateroomĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā $100/person

14 days or longerĀ  Ā $250/stateroomĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā $250/person

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

So I get from that - if an individual passenger is both ex-military and a shareholder they get one or the other not both, but if one passenger in the cabin is a shareholder and the other is ex-military they get both.

I don't know, but I would figure no.

Either would have a promo code applied against the cabin, and I would reckon that it will only recognise one code per cabin. The shareholder one is per cabin, so already applies to all passengers in the cabin.

On a side note, i see Carnival Cruise Corp shares have been recovering very well recently, still quite a way off the pre COVID levels but back over US$15 and that's nearly a doubling from the start of the yearĀ šŸ‘

• 1 month later...

We have a cruise in October with Princess and March next year with HAL, applied in June for the Shareholder OBC in the usual way and sent it off to Princess (benefits@princesscruises.com.au) and HAL (CCLShareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com) respectively.

Ā 

HAL responded quickly that they had received the email and OBC had been credited to our account, but Princess in Sydney came back a few days later and said for our October Cruise the request had to be within 90 days of the sailing? Ok i thought so i waited and submitted the email again a few weeks ago, i then received an email that my statement had to be dated within 90 days of the sailing as well??? I responded that CommSec only provide statements on a quarterly basis, so my current statement was issued on 30th June, i won't get another until October when the cruise is, that was nearly 2 weeks ago but no response from Princess.

Ā 

I have never heard of this 90 day rule before, Is this new thing does anyone know or should i just apply to the Carnival email address (shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com)?

Edited by Hammer61

3 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

We have a cruise in October with Princess and March next year with HAL, applied in June for the Shareholder OBC in the usual way and sent it off to Princess and HAL respectively.

Ā 

HAL responded quickly that they had received the email and OBC had been credited to our account, but Princess in Sydney came back a few days later and said for our October Cruise the request had to be within 90 days of the sailing? Ok i thought so i waited and submitted the email again a few weeks ago, i then received an email that my statement had to be dated within 90 days of the sailing as well??? I responded that CommSec only provide statements on a quarterly basis, so my current statement was issued on 30th June, i won't get another until October when the cruise is, that was nearly 2 weeks ago but no response from Princess.

Ā 

I have never heard of this 90 day rule before, Is this new thing does anyone know or should i just apply to the Carnival email address (shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com)?

Take a screenshot of your daily holdings - on the Commsec website they call it 'Portfolio'. Blank out your personal details such as your other shares and the dollar value etc and also bank account number if it's showing on the page (mine does). Include a page that has your address and name for good measure and email those to them. They just need to have the date showing on the page too which it does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

i then received an email that my statement had to be dated within 90 days of the sailing as well???

This happened to me as well, there was another Australian poster on the Princess board who started a thread on this. He very kindly shared how he got the SHOBC in post #33.

I also have my shares through Commsec and only get the statements every three months so I will try what he did.

I have never had any problem before getting the SHOBC with Princess, HAL or P&O.

The next cruise I book will be on HAL or P&O.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

The shareholder OBC is intended for passengers that hold shares at the time of sailing, not at the time of booking, so I get the 90 day rule. As to why two different Carnival Corp brands handle this differently, well that goes well beyond my level of understanding.

Ā 

Not worth the effort, but I figure there are some that would buy shares, get their OBC credited and maybe a dividend or two, then sell them before sailing.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:31 PM, Hammer61 said:

We have a cruise in October with Princess and March next year with HAL, applied in June for the Shareholder OBC in the usual way and sent it off to Princess (benefits@princesscruises.com.au) and HAL (CCLShareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com) respectively.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Similar for me.Ā  I applied in June for SHOBC for cruises scheduled for Oct/Dec/Jan and my P&O OBC was given straight away although the cruise is not until end of January.

Ā 

As for Princess they told me to apply with a more up to date shareholding certificate ie within 90 days of cruising plus all the other rules despite I had included all the info they needed.

Ā 

So I again applied for my Princess Oct cruises the other day and lo and behold they came back with the usual list of rules and regulations, eg name ship date etc which I had already provided.Ā  My last shareholding Comsec statement was June 30th so I also included the page of my Holdings with the new date (17th Aug) clearly showing when I accessed it and circled the relevant date.Ā  I explained that we only got shareholder statements every 3 months but my holding statement should show I still own the shares. No luck it is as if they are just firing off a generic statement and couldn't be bothered.

Ā 

I have fired off another email stating that I am within 90 days of sailing and have provided what they want so am waiting for an answer.Ā  I have also filled in the online form as mentioned in a previous post so will see if that has any effect.

Ā 

I have since booked an Cunard cruise so will have to find out who to contact for their OBC.Ā  Anyone help me here?

Ā 

If anyone offer a solution as to how to manage Princess shareholder applications at the moment please post it here or if they are successful let us know.Ā  I had no trouble last season even getting it applied well before the 90 days.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I won't get a new shareholder statement until 30th Sept and my cruise is 25th Oct so that doesn't give me 4 weeks between!!!Ā  Very frustrating.Ā 

Ā 

Oh and Comsec are revamping their international section next month so I have no idea what that entails.Ā  Filled in 2 of my jobs to do however the US W-8BN form has me going around in circles.Ā  Ā Grrrrrrr

43 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I have fired off another email stating that I am within 90 days of sailing and have provided what they want so am waiting for an answer.

Good luck with that, i fired off a similar email and are still waiting for a reply after 2 weeks! Pretty poor form to not respond to an email from a booked and paid customer let alone a shareholder as well i think.

Ā 

44 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I have since booked an Cunard cruise so will have to find out who to contact for their OBC.Ā  Anyone help me here?

This one covers P&O and Cunard, as well as Carnival, fired off the Princess SHOBC application to this email on Thursday in the hope it may get a better outcome, no reply as yet, will post if i do.

Ā 

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

Ā 

46 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I won't get a new shareholder statement until 30th Sept and my cruise is 25th Oct so that doesn't give me 4 weeks between!!!Ā  Very frustrating.Ā 

Same, our cruise is 23rd October, but got to feel for all those on the Transpacific, it departs on 3rd October i think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Ā 

This one covers P&O and Cunard, as well as Carnival, fired off the Princess SHOBC application to this email on Thursday in the hope it may get a better outcome, no reply as yet, will post if i do.

Ā 

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

That is the email address we always use with very organised, prompt results.Ā  Our friends tried the email with Princess in the name with very poor outcome each time.

Ā 

Ā 

22 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

That is the email address we always use with very organised, prompt results.Ā  Our friends tried the email with Princess in the name with very poor outcome each time.

Ā 

Ā 

That's the email address we use too.

I wrote to benefits@princesscruises.com.au on 2nd August for OBC for my 23rd October departure and had a polite email back 2 days later saying they had successfully applied the credit to my account. I must have been lucky with the person who read my email.

Ā 

For Cunard I use shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com and cc in cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com just to make sure. It seems to get the job done. With Cunard you can't see your OBC anywhere if you have an Australian booking until you get on the ship, and then can see your account in the 'app' thing (intranet). I take a print out of the confirmation of booking showing any OBC from the booking and any new paperwork as confirmation of the shareholder OBC. Cunard's admin is chaotic in my experience but sailing with them is pretty good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I wrote to benefits@princesscruises.com.au on 2nd August for OBC for my 23rd October departure and had a polite email back 2 days later saying they had successfully applied the credit to my account. I must have been lucky with the person who read my email.

Ā 

May i ask if you hold your shares via CommSec? and if so how did you send the required statement showing you hold them, the official statement is only available each quarter so until early October when the September statement will be available, the June 30 is all you can download.

Ā 

hoping there is another way!

Edited by Hammer61

12 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

When I have used the email address with Princess in the name, I haven't got any response at all. I then applied for the OBC for a Princess cruise using the 'carnival' address and got an immediate response.

Ā 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

May i ask if you hold your shares via CommSec? and if so how did you send the required statement showing you hold them, the official statement is only available each quarter so until early October when the September statement will be available, the June 30 is all you can download.

Ā 

Hi Hammer61

Ā 

Goto your Comsec page.

At the bottom right click on the "International".

Portfolio

Click on "Equity"

Click on th "+ symbol" next to CCL.

That shows your current Share Status.

You will note at the top just under the black & grey lines, the current date.

Right click and saveĀ this page to a .pdf file.

You can then send this off for your OBC

Ā 

At least that is what I have done.

Ā 

Regards

John

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Goto your Comsec page.

At the bottom right click on the "International".

Portfolio

Click on "Equity"

Click on th "+ symbol" next to CCL.

That shows your current Share Status.

You will note at the top just under the black & grey lines, the current date.

Right click and saveĀ this page to a .pdf file.

You can then send this off for your OBC

Ā 

At least that is what I have done.

Thanks, i will give it a go, only issue is it does not show my name, and you cant show your account number? so not sure this will be accepted (depending on who opens it and decides!).

2 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Thanks, i will give it a go, only issue is it does not show my name, and you cant show your account number? so not sure this will be accepted (depending on who opens it and decides!).

If it doesn't show your name, could you blank out all but the final three digits of your account number, and then print itĀ  out together with another statement/page that does show your name and again the final three digits of your account???

• Like 1

I have used the both the Carnival and Princess email addresses and also sent my June statement and my up to date Holdings page although I haven't clicked on the + sign.Ā  (Will do than when I exit CC)Ā  My Holdings page shows my full name in the top left hand corner and the current date on the right hand side plus 100 CCL shares.

Ā 

If I don't hear in a day or two I will try again but it is very frustrating.

Ā 

Princess don't seem to care about us any more since they got the new guy.Ā  I have heard grumbles about the new Sun Princess being like a Royal ship with many attractions for kids (roller rides, water slides etc) thereby losing the adult appeal.Ā  Not that that should bother us because it will be another 20 years before she comes to Australia.

Ā 

I am rapidly losing patience with Princess with all of the changes being made and the confusion.Ā  Thought I had it nailed last year with the app but no I have to start again to find out my boarding time and all the little things.Ā  I rebooked a booking over a week ago and still haven't got confirmation.Ā  It's in my cruise personaliser so know it has been done.Ā  My PVP told me they were having trouble with email confirmations.Ā  I also have a complimentary dinner which I cannot pre-book this time around.Ā  It tells me I have one but when I make the booking and click confirmĀ  says it can't confirm my travel details or something like it.

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I have used the both the Carnival and Princess email addresses and also sent my June statement and my up to date Holdings page although I haven't clicked on the + sign.Ā  (Will do than when I exit CC)Ā  My Holdings page shows my full name in the top left hand corner and the current date on the right hand side plus 100 CCL shares.

Ā 

If I don't hear in a day or two I will try again but it is very frustrating.

Ā 

Princess don't seem to care about us any more since they got the new guy.Ā  I have heard grumbles about the new Sun Princess being like a Royal ship with many attractions for kids (roller rides, water slides etc) thereby losing the adult appeal.Ā  Not that that should bother us because it will be another 20 years before she comes to Australia.

Ā 

I am rapidly losing patience with Princess with all of the changes being made and the confusion.Ā  Thought I had it nailed last year with the app but no I have to start again to find out my boarding time and all the little things.Ā  I rebooked a booking over a week ago and still haven't got confirmation.Ā  It's in my cruise personaliser so know it has been done.Ā  My PVP told me they were having trouble with email confirmations.Ā  I also have a complimentary dinner which I cannot pre-book this time around.Ā  It tells me I have one but when I make the booking and click confirmĀ  says it can't confirm my travel details or something like it.

Ā 

I haven't sailed with princess since they restarted after covid.

Just about to do my second P&O cruise, but been following the changes and it seems to me that their focus seems to be changing, don't know whether its just recovering from the covid catastrophe for them, or the new guy, just hope its the former, and things will get back to an even keal in the next season coming.šŸ¤ž

Ā 

9 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Ā 

No, I have only Australian shares with Commsec. My CCL I have with another on-line brokerage. You would be able to see (and print) your current holdings in whatever you hold through Commsec as Ozwoody has described. And even if you have to send them a couple of pages (as I have done previously) to cover all the information they need, it can certainly be done. Don't be afraid to send them lots of pages - just make sure you blank out whatever they suggest you ought to.

Ā 

Ā 

45 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ā 

I haven't sailed with princess since they restarted after covid.

Just about to do my second P&O cruise, but been following the changes and it seems to me that their focus seems to be changing, don't know whether its just recovering from the covid catastrophe for them, or the new guy, just hope its the former, and things will get back to an even keal in the next season coming.šŸ¤ž

Ā 

I think it's the new guy. I can't see it getting better - it may even get worse. It was bad enough when they upped the price of the packages adding the desserts, juice bar, fitness classes to Plus and whatever they added to Premier but to take something away from Standard fares that has essentially been one of the Princess staples - free room service except for pizza - has gone beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned. Then adding in things like theatre reserved seating for Premier and we're starting to see a new level of "class" within Princess that detracts from the whole experience.Ā 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think it's the new guy. I can't see it getting better - it may even get worse. It was bad enough when they upped the price of the packages adding the desserts, juice bar, fitness classes to Plus and whatever they added to Premier but to take something away from Standard fares that has essentially been one of the Princess staples - free room service except for pizza - has gone beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned. Then adding in things like theatre reserved seating for Premier and we're starting to see a new level of "class" within Princess that detracts from the whole experience.Ā 

Yes unfortunately it does seem to be that way.

If it is, I think their going to find their welded on reliables, will drift elsewhere.šŸ˜Ÿ