Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

On 5/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, Kaylacool said:

As there has been no dividend payment for a while that provides evidence you are currently an owner of shares, what are cruisers providing to Princess/carnival to show their current proof of ownership?

thanks

K

On 5/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

We use a statement of holdings from our broker.

My broker dumped me a few years ago as my 100 Carnival PLC holding was too small for the business.  Since then I have had to rely on Carnival's agent in England, Equiniti Ltd via shareview.co.uk to prove my share ownership.  I used my dividend statements while they had them but am having difficulty in showing current proof of ownership as shareview does not provide regular statements. After a number of attempts and many hours I managed to get Equiniti to send me an email with my current holding at 4 October. I sent it to Carnival with a copy of my share certificate and details of my cruise on Carnival Luminosa 4 December but have not had a response as yet.  Is there an easier way??!!

Edited by cruisecrazyaussie

My problem is that I have no easy way of getting my stock holding statement as I do not have a broker and do not have  the same access as those who have direct holdings as the shares were originally purchased through a broker.  I'm in a limbo land and would really appreciate advice on how I can resolve the issue.

We also use a statement of our stock holdings.

But not having a broker to get the statement through, would seem problematic.

I bought mine through Comsec, so don't envision a similar problem there.

I assume you bought through the a broker dealing direct with the US stock exchange, similar to what Comsec did in purchasing mine.

One would imagine there must be a way for another broker to locate your shares????

Surely someone out there must be a wiz in that area.

Hi, after some general advise thanks! I decided to purchase the 100 Carnival shares to get the OBC. 
I set up a Share Trading Account with Westpac, tried to buy the Shares this morning however can only buy AUS shares. I contacted Westpac and apparently have to fill out more forms to trade US markets, send them in and wait, everyone else seems to be doing it a lot quicker and easier! Am I missing something here?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, marinating said:

Hi, after some general advise thanks! I decided to purchase the 100 Carnival shares to get the OBC. 
I set up a Share Trading Account with Westpac, tried to buy the Shares this morning however can only buy AUS shares. I contacted Westpac and apparently have to fill out more forms to trade US markets, send them in and wait, everyone else seems to be doing it a lot quicker and easier! Am I missing something here?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Well no for us, we had to do the same.

That is what I referred to above, about Comsec going through the US Stock Exchange.

It seemed complicated at first but once done, everything proceeded smoothly.

Its a legal thing the US require, I think so they can tax us if we make a fortune.😁

Regards

4 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Well no for us, we had to do the same.

That is what I referred to above, about Comsec going through the US Stock Exchange.

It seemed complicated at first but once done, everything proceeded smoothly.

Its a legal thing the US require, I think so they can tax us if we make a fortune.😁

Regards

Thanks for responding to my post, I better get busy and start filling out forms!

33 minutes ago, marinating said:

Thanks for responding to my post, I better get busy and start filling out forms!

I am the same applied with Commsec last week and still waiting for the US Share account. Just had an email to say forms will be arriving shortly, so not going to happen quickly for me either.

11 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I am the same applied with Commsec last week and still waiting for the US Share account. Just had an email to say forms will be arriving shortly, so not going to happen quickly for me either.

I think they took about 5 working days, to process mine, once I submitted them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Is Princess accepting emails again or back to the dark ages of faxing for requests?

If your looking for benefit credit, then you probably better off, e-mailing :-

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

It seems to have a better response time.

Regards

Don't panic if you don't get a response before your cruise. Just take your confirmation of shares to Guest Services once onboard and they will sort it out for you. We did that this morning because we hadn't had time to send in an email as we only booked this cruise a week ago. The OBC should be on our account tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't panic if you don't get a response before your cruise. Just take your confirmation of shares to Guest Services once onboard and they will sort it out for you. We did that this morning because we hadn't had time to send in an email as we only booked this cruise a week ago. The OBC should be on our account tomorrow.

The OBC has already been put on our account. Very efficient!

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

We have 2 cruises coming up with Carnival Corp, one with Princess in October this year so 4 months away! And one with HAL in March 2024, so I send through request for the OBC as im a shareholder in CCL, the HAL reply right away and its put on straight away but Princess email back and say it has to be within 90 days of the sailing so they can’t process until then, please resubmit within this timeframe???? Go figure!

Edited by Hammer61

On 10/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, cruisecrazyaussie said:

My broker dumped me a few years ago as my 100 Carnival PLC holding was too small for the business.  Since then I have had to rely on Carnival's agent in England, Equiniti Ltd via shareview.co.uk to prove my share ownership.  I used my dividend statements while they had them but am having difficulty in showing current proof of ownership as shareview does not provide regular statements. After a number of attempts and many hours I managed to get Equiniti to send me an email with my current holding at 4 October. I sent it to Carnival with a copy of my share certificate and details of my cruise on Carnival Luminosa 4 December but have not had a response as yet.  Is there an easier way??!!

I used equiniti and can log kin on line to see my holdings then I download the view and send that to Carnival

Hi Windsor26

A number of months ago I submitted the details of my holdings from my equiniti account but this was REJECTED by Carnival as it did not have my name in full on the downloaded page.  I now email equiniti every three months or so and they send me a statement by POST from the UK.  This takes a number of weeks so I need to make sure I request the statement in good time to submit to Carnival.  While a bit of a hassle I have had no problems since.

1 hour ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

submitted the details of my holdings from my equiniti account but this was REJECTED

Maybe consider transferring your shares to and Aussie Broker like Commsec? Pretty straight forward just fill in a form and submit to your new (Aussie) broker once you have opened the account, they do the rest.

Then you just log in and download the latest statement that are issued quarterly, then its just a matter of scanning the holdings page, it shows your full name and shares held, will also tell you how much the shares are worth in $A at the current exchange rate.

19 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Maybe consider transferring your shares to and Aussie Broker like Commsec? Pretty straight forward just fill in a form and submit to your new (Aussie) broker once you have opened the account, they do the rest.

Then you just log in and download the latest statement that are issued quarterly, then its just a matter of scanning the holdings page, it shows your full name and shares held, will also tell you how much the shares are worth in $A at the current exchange rate.

I bought my shares through Comsec however when it comes to international they use an US broker, Pershing LLC to handle them so they do not appear in the usual Aus holdings.  You have to log onto International and then try to download a statement which is readable.  So far managed it last season but will have to do it again in a few months for my October sailings.

40 minutes ago, Ondine said:

You have to log onto International and then try to download a statement which is readable

To be honest its pretty straight forward, log into international > launch platform, then under documents you can see statements with the most recent at the top, they issue them every 3 months or if you request them they can do monthly 👍 then just click to open and download and save to your desktop of whatever folder you want and it will auto save in PDF format which makes it easy for emailing or printing.

Simples  😀

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 1

Just meant that the printing and layout is not very clear.  Well not the pages I see.  Could be better.

Good to see that the stock is now at the heady heights of $13.00.  Onward and upwards!!

19 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Well not the pages I see.  Could be better.

Agree on that, its 11 pages long😕 the only one you need is page 3 though, that shows how many shares you own and your full name.

any yes good to see the price recovering, back to about the price i bought them, hopefully goes back to pre covid levels up in the 40,s 🙏

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Hi Windsor26

A number of months ago I submitted the details of my holdings from my equiniti account but this was REJECTED by Carnival as it did not have my name in full on the downloaded page.  I now email equiniti every three months or so and they send me a statement by POST from the UK.  This takes a number of weeks so I need to make sure I request the statement in good time to submit to Carnival.  While a bit of a hassle I have had no problems since.

If you have a downloaded copy on your computer  you can just add your name to it  as I did 9 years ago  and update it regularly to the value of the shares and it has always worked

23 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Agree on that, its 11 pages long😕 the only one you need is page 3 though, that shows how many shares you own and your full name.

any yes good to see the price recovering, back to about the price i bought them, hopefully goes back to pre covid levels up in the 40,s 🙏

I bought in 2009 and with the quarterly dividends and the obc on a lot of cruises inn US$ and AU$  I have had my money back 2 or 3 times and of course still have the shares which as noted are slowly rising again.

• Like 1