Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Make sure you note that your cruise is only three weeks away and that you have applied for the OBC twice already.

That was the situation I was in before our 26th July cruise. I explained that on the phone. On my second phone call (or was it the third?) I got someone who actually helped me.

Just now, windsor26 said:

Thanks Evon  I may do that if I get nowhere this week

As your cruise is only three weeks ago, I suggest you (apologetically) send another email request with the shareholder's statement on the same page, not as an attachment. You can say that it is to make it easier for them.  🙂Can't hurt.

• Like 1

I heard back from Princess yesterday early evening so that it was around 30 hours.  I had used the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com email address for both P&O and Princess.  They knocked me back on 1 cruise as "the current promo cannot be combined with shareholder benefits".  Not sure what that was about.  It was a replacement cruise but so were several of the others and they caused no problems.  Oh well - win some lose some.  I got the OBC for 6 cruises out as far as March next year.

On a slight tangent:  I noticed yesterday that I can now print off luggage tags for my first cruise (Nov 4th) since the lock down.  Can somebody please enlighten me about the boarding passes.  I seem to remember that pre lock-down they were attached to the luggage tag part.  I am referring to Princess.

How do I now print off boarding passes?  Can I print them via my computer or can I only get a version on my phone?  When do they become available and is this when you can choose your boarding time?

Please help!!!!!   It was so much easier when you boarded according to your cabin category.  I know somebody will be able point me in the right direction. Many many thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

As your cruise is only three weeks ago, I suggest you (apologetically) send another email request with the shareholder's statement on the same page, not as an attachment. You can say that it is to make it easier for them.  🙂Can't hurt.

Did that to all 3 offered addresses and got one acknowledgement promising a reply in 3 working days!!!!!!!!!!!   I will take proof on board and get together with the Captains Circle rep if needed

17 minutes ago, Ondine said:

On a slight tangent:  I noticed yesterday that I can now print off luggage tags for my first cruise (Nov 4th) since the lock down.  Can somebody please enlighten me about the boarding passes.  I seem to remember that pre lock-down they were attached to the luggage tag part.  I am referring to Princess.

How do I now print off boarding passes?  Can I print them via my computer or can I only get a version on my phone?  When do they become available and is this when you can choose your boarding time?

Please help!!!!!   It was so much easier when you boarded according to your cabin category.  I know somebody will be able point me in the right direction. Many many thanks in advance.

There are no paper boarding passes for Princess cruises any more. You just need to enter all your details into the Medallion app and select your boarding group once your cruise is 59 days or less away. The app shpuld go to Green Lane and show QR code. That is your boarding pass. If you have problems with the Medallion app you can enter most things through the web version in the Personalizer.

Take a paper copy of your vaccination certificate though, it's easier.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There are no paper boarding passes for Princess cruises any more. You just need to enter all your details into the Medallion app and select your boarding group once your cruise is 59 days or less away. The app shpuld go to Green Lane and show QR code. That is your boarding pass. If you have problems with the Medallion app you can enter most things through the web version in the Personalizer.

Take a paper copy of your vaccination certificate though, it's easier.

Thank you so much.  Some days I am green other days blue.  I thought that the health status may have something to do with this.  I find the web version is easier to use but will use the phone if I have to.

Definitely will be taking paper copies of everything.

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Thank you so much.  Some days I am green other days blue.  I thought that the health status may have something to do with this.  I find the web version is easier to use but will use the phone if I have to.

Definitely will be taking paper copies of everything.

We had loaded everything onto the Medallion app, but the first thing the check-in person asked for was the vaccination certificates. When you approach the terminal door, you will be required to show the QR code on your phone to be cleared to approach the check-in area. If someone hasn't completed the Medallion app, apparently it is a slower process.

• Like 1

I applied for shareholder benefit on Wednesday for my cruise next Saturday on Coral. I received a reply on Friday, but they denied my request, saying that I booked on a reduced flash sale rate. Disappointing, but I did get a very good fare. At least they responded quickly.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 12:51 PM, Relaxing Robbies said:

I applied for shareholder benefit on Wednesday for my cruise next Saturday on Coral. I received a reply on Friday, but they denied my request, saying that I booked on a reduced flash sale rate. Disappointing, but I did get a very good fare. At least they responded quickly.

I didn't think it would make any difference what fare you booked on - flash sale or not. I could see their refusing your request because it was less than three weeks before the cruise.

Edited by Aus Traveller

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I didn't think it would make any difference what fare you booked on - flash sale or not. I could see their refusing your request because it was less than three weeks before the cruise.

If you read the fine print on the Shareholders Benefit website it does say anyone travelling on a reduced rate is excluded from getting the OBC.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you read the fine print on the Shareholders Benefit website it does say anyone travelling on a reduced rate is excluded from getting the OBC.

I can understand that people travelling on, for instance, the reduced rate available to travel agents, shouldn't be able to access the shareholder OBC, but we often book when a cruise is a good price, even a flash sale.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I can understand that people travelling on, for instance, the reduced rate available to travel agents, shouldn't be able to access the shareholder OBC, but we often book when a cruise is a good price, even a flash sale.

I guess they have a cut-off point where it becomes a "reduced rate" rather than just a cheaper fare 

After reading this post, I thought I might dabble in the world of shareholding as we have several Princess and Cunard cruises coming up. Applied for a trading account through NAB as that is where our bank accounts are. Easy peasy. Less than an hour later, I am the holder of 100 CCL shares for a total cost of $1410.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, traveldayz said:

After reading this post, I thought I might dabble in the world of shareholding as we have several Princess and Cunard cruises coming up. Applied for a trading account through NAB as that is where our bank accounts are. Easy peasy. Less than an hour later, I am the holder of 100 CCL shares for a total cost of $1410.  

You did well with the price.  

12 hours ago, traveldayz said:

You will soon cover the amount you have paid for the shares in OBC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well this topic is interesting, as I have been considering buying the 100 Shares. BUT I will always book P&O Aust cruises only in a Flash Sale. I do also have four Carnival cruise booked too that were mostly very full priced fares. So now I am wondering if it is still worth buying and how to go about it. 

16 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Well this topic is interesting, as I have been considering buying the 100 Shares. BUT I will always book P&O Aust cruises only in a Flash Sale. I do also have four Carnival cruise booked too that were mostly very full priced fares. So now I am wondering if it is still worth buying and how to go about it. 

Yes, it is worth buying the Carnival Corporation shares. We have received the shareholders OBC even when we booked on a flash sale, either P&O or Princess. We  bought through ANZ Share Trading, but someone has said that ANZ no longer does this. Have a look at the thread about Carnival Shares.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

If ever there was a time to buy CCL shares, this would be it, especially seeing there valid for all Carnival Cruise Lines, so plenty of options to claim benefits on.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

As first time share purchasers, we found it quite easy. Just did detailed post of our buying experience last week in the post re 'Carnival Share Price ' post.

• Like 1