Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes unfortunately it does seem to be that way.

If it is, I think their going to find their welded on reliables, will drift elsewhere.😟

Yes indeed. We'll probably do the world cruise next year with them as they are the only cruise line that offers a world cruise round trip from Australia but after that we might not cruise Princess any more. And for the world cruise we still have time to cancel (up to the end of October) and if that idiot does any more downgrading of what we booked we might very well cancel. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

No, I have only Australian shares with Commsec. My CCL I have with another on-line brokerage. You would be able to see (and print) your current holdings in whatever you hold through Commsec as Ozwoody has described. And even if you have to send them a couple of pages (as I have done previously) to cover all the information they need, it can certainly be done. Don't be afraid to send them lots of pages - just make sure you blank out whatever they suggest you ought to.

CMC online broker firm has a simple one page statement you can print out any day you want. It has your name and address and shows shares held. I just blank out my account number.

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

I rebooked a booking over a week ago and still haven't got confirmation.  It's in my cruise personaliser so know it has been done.  My PVP told me they were having trouble with email confirmations. 

I was told the same when I rebooked a cruise two weeks ago. I got a booking number after a couple of days but no proper confirmation email.  I can see an assigned cabin when I go to cruise personaliser so trust all is ok but doesn't inspire you with a lot of confidence.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:39 AM, Hammer61 said:

Good luck with that, i fired off a similar email and are still waiting for a reply after 2 weeks! Pretty poor form to not respond to an email from a booked and paid customer let alone a shareholder as well i think.

This one covers P&O and Cunard, as well as Carnival, fired off the Princess SHOBC application to this email on Thursday in the hope it may get a better outcome, no reply as yet, will post if i do.

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

Same, our cruise is 23rd October, but got to feel for all those on the Transpacific, it departs on 3rd October i think.

Everyone can do the chat on line and they are helpful 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, valantine80 said:

I was told the same when I rebooked a cruise two weeks ago. I got a booking number after a couple of days but no proper confirmation email.  I can see an assigned cabin when I go to cruise personaliser so trust all is ok but doesn't inspire you with a lot of confidence.

Same thing happened for me, on two occasions (two different cruises). For the first cruise where it was repriced and I wanted physical confirmation, I went online to the chat feature. They elevated the matter to their technical team and I got an email confirmation. For the second cruise it was a cabin change in the same category. No confirmation came through but I can see the change in personaliser, so I didn't bother to follow it up.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:48 PM, Ondine said:

If anyone offer a solution as to how to manage Princess shareholder applications at the moment please post it here or if they are successful let us know.

I have a solution for those who book through a Princess Vacation Planner.

I emailed my PVP yesterday and she applied the SOBC this morning, it was not a problem. Unlike trying to go through Princess Australia.

Since I brought my shares in 2019 it will be a long time before I sell them so I may as well try to get as much OBC as I can in the mean time. 😁

• Thanks 1

Finally got an answer from Princess today and they have applied the SH benefit to my October cruises but I will have to wait for the other cruises which are outside the 90 day mark. 

Email came from Senior Customer Solutions Coordinator at Princess.  Sounds like it got escalated.  I supplied my holding statement page with the date circled from Comsec and they seemed ok with it.

Follow up from post 268

P&O have confirmed my screen grab as described in the post, as acceptable, and have credited my OBC to my cruise.

So it seems to be workable alternative to providing copies of statements.

Regards

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Finally got an answer from Princess today and they have applied the SH benefit to my October cruises but I will have to wait for the other cruises which are outside the 90 day mark. 

Email came from Senior Customer Solutions Coordinator at Princess.  Sounds like it got escalated.  I supplied my holding statement page with the date circled from Comsec and they seemed ok with it.

I must have had the same person you had deal with the original application.

I did get get a shock when my application was denied but all sorted out now.

Thanks for letting us know how you solved it.

Hopefully I won't have any trouble next time.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi anyone who holds their shares through COMSEC have you had any luck getting a statement since they have moved us to the new platform.

My portfolio only gives a dollar amount no shareholding.

If I bring up my CCL shares then there is no name on it just an account number and the time during the day (but no date)

If I go back to the Pershing pages then the Holding Statement does not have the shares listed now that Comsec has transferred them to itself and the Statement is last Month so no good for Princess.

If I go into Statements/Activity then I can get a sort of statement with the shares somewhere in the middle of an enormous amount of trading info plus my name (but middle name missing) and today's date.  Not sure if Princess will accept this.

I have tried contacting Comsec but so far no one has bothered to get back to me.

Anyone had any luck?

Hi Ondine

Goto your Comsec page.

At the bottom right click on the "International".

Portfolio

Click on "Equity"

Click on th "+ symbol" next to CCL.

That shows your current Share Status.

You will note at the top just under the black & grey lines, the current date.

Right click and save this page to a .pdf file.

You can then send this off for your OBC

That is what I have done, and it has been accepted by princess.

Last lodged and approved about two weeks ago.

Regards

John

• Like 1

We are looking at a 3 night Princess cruise because why not?! 😁

This will be our first cruise since I bought the company, well a tiny part of it in the form of 100 shares. 
Is there any onboard credit for shareholders on such a short cruise?

12 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

This will be our first cruise since I bought the company, well a tiny part of it in the form of 100 shares. 

Hi Sparky

Yes

Cruise length OBC amount per cabin**
6 days or less           $50       £25
7–13 days                 $100    £50
14 days or longer      $250    £125

Regards

John

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Certainly is, we got our $50 for a three night cruise last year on the Coral.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Yes but only about $50. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ondine said:

Mine does too.

I finished off the identity verification check today after reading your post and hope my account will soon show I own $100 shares of CCL. Fingers crossed.🤞

I believe I am now up to date with all the required forms for the transition.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Goto your Comsec page.

At the bottom right click on the "International".

Portfolio

Click on "Equity"

Click on th "+ symbol" next to CCL.

That shows your current Share Status.

You will note at the top just under the black & grey lines, the current date.

Right click and save this page to a .pdf file.

You can then send this off for your OBC

That is what I have done, and it has been accepted by princess.

Last lodged and approved about two weeks ago.

Thanks John

However I think you will find that everything changed a few weeks ago when Comsec took over from Pershing.  I tried to do what you said but the pages are different now.  All the old pages have zero shares showing now although some of the messages are still there but of course are out of date for cruises in December.  I believe these messages will disappear on Nov 7th.

If I am wrong and you find you can still get a statement please let me know.  I can't even find "Equity" anymore.

Thanks Chris

I panicked when I couldn't find my statement after the update, but finally got what I needed this way:

Go to Commsec, on the right of where it says International Shares click Launch Platform.

Under the Performance & Reports tab, click Statements. Click on Activity. Then either click View or Download pdf.

Jeanine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

Thanks John

However I think you will find that everything changed a few weeks ago when Comsec took over from Pershing.  I tried to do what you said but the pages are different now.  All the old pages have zero shares showing now although some of the messages are still there but of course are out of date for cruises in December.  I believe these messages will disappear on Nov 7th.

If I am wrong and you find you can still get a statement please let me know.  I can't even find "Equity" anymore.

Thanks Chris

Damn I only did it about three weeks ago and it worked.

Frustrating.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, voluntr57 said:

I panicked when I couldn't find my statement after the update, but finally got what I needed this way:

Go to Commsec, on the right of where it says International Shares click Launch Platform.

Under the Performance & Reports tab, click Statements. Click on Activity. Then either click View or Download pdf.

Jeanine

Hi Jeanine

Thanks for that, yes your instructions worked.

We only need the first page, so only printed that page to a PDF.

As I can't edit a pdf file I opened it and took a screen shot and loaded it into MS paint, to blank out info I did not want to share, then printed the edited file to a pdf again, as Princess and P&O both will only accept pdf files.

Fiddly but there you go.

Would not have got there without your help, thanks again.

John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sewgood said:

my account will soon show I own $100 shares of CCL

Erm, hope that's just a typo? Its 100 shares, NOT $100 worth...........which WON'T get you any OBC!

I finally got my OBC added for the October Princess cruise and did point out to CCL that CommSec only produce statements every 3 months and when i contacted the HAL email for Shareholder OBC for our March 2024 cruise it got added straight away so why do Princess have a different requirement???? Not sure which email worked for Princess to get the OBC as i sent about 4 to different email addresses and with different attachments, screen shots and my June statement.😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voluntr57 said:

Jeanine

Yes that is the nearest thing to a statement that I could find.  Contains lots of unnecessary info but I hope the powers that be (Carnival) will accept it.  Hope that Comsec come out with a better Holding statement down the track.  Very disappointed with the new platform so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Jeanine

Thanks for that, yes your instructions worked.

We only need the first page, so only printed that page to a PDF.

As I can't edit a pdf file I opened it and took a screen shot and loaded it into MS paint, to blank out info I did not want to share, then printed the edited file to a pdf again, as Princess and P&O both will only accept pdf files.

Fiddly but there you go.

Would not have got there without your help, thanks again.

John

Something similar:  Open up the Activity page.

Click on the little camera on the top toolbar then right click the page and it will change colour

Select save all

Open word and paste.  You now have the document page in word.

Then go to insert shapes on the toolbar

You can then draw boxes or circles to cover what you don't want to show or highlight what you want or change colour of the boxes.

Then save as a pdf file.

Hope this helps - Chris

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:41 PM, Ondine said:

Hi anyone who holds their shares through COMSEC have you had any luck getting a statement since they have moved us to the new platform.

If I bring up my CCL shares then there is no name on it just an account number and the time during the day (but no date)

If I go back to the Pershing pages then the Holding Statement does not have the shares listed now that Comsec has transferred them to itself and the Statement is last Month so no good for Princess.

If I go into Statements/Activity then I can get a sort of statement with the shares somewhere in the middle of an enormous amount of trading info plus my name (but middle name missing) and today's date.  Not sure if Princess will accept this.

I have tried contacting Comsec but so far no one has bothered to get back to me.

Anyone had any luck?

I applied on Friday using a combination of two screenshots showing the Name on the introduction screen and the portfolio screen, and I cut and moved the bottom of the screen to show the computer date and time. I used the free program, " Paint" to create the image. They applied the OBC yesterday. Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.196bb768d7876854aca89ed888b0f939.png

• Like 3