CWC - one person cancelling?

If there are 2 people booked in a cabin and one cannot go due to new protocols re boosters…. And that person cancels under CWC; will pax 2 still be able to cruise without being hit with paying double? 
Will pax 2 get double points as they are now solo? ( every cloud!) 

Asking  for a friend! 

The remaining would be refared. It would make no sense he could cruise cheaper than what other solos paid. If one is going to cancel, usually they are a no show. It would really mess up the remaining guy to remain if prices have gone up. It's the same if one wants to cancel so to get reimbursed by insurance. 2nd guy gets hit.

Double pts have been iffy when you booked double but cruised last minute as a solo. My ta said he had someone finally get solo pts but took a few calls. We were discussing it because the cheapest prices on my last booking were gty that solo coukdnt book so I'd have had to book a fake pax with me and worried about getting solo pts from posts I have read.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

If there are 2 people booked in a cabin and one cannot go due to new protocols re boosters…. And that person cancels under CWC; will pax 2 still be able to cruise without being hit with paying double? 

Asking  for a friend! 

Here it is from the CWC FAQ's.

10. What happens to the price of a cruise reservation if one guest in a double stateroom wishes to cancel, while the other guest prefers to sail?

• On or before the Final Payment due date: If one guest elects to cancel and receive a full or partial refund of their cruise fare, pricing for the guest still wishing to sail will be adjusted to reflect the current single supplement fare.

• After the Final payment due date: If the one guest was paid in full and elects to cancel while subject to 100% cancellation charges, the remaining single-traveler’s fare will remain unchanged.

• Thanks 2

Reports of the extra point for being solo with a no show have been mixed.  We all know how consistent Royal can be, they don't disappoint with solo points in a no show situation.   You don't have to look very hard to find examples of guests being denied the extra point despite numerous appeals.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Asking  for a friend! 

I've been away for awhile and may have missed something, are boosters now required to sail as well? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I've been away for awhile and may have missed something, are boosters now required to sail as well? 

It’s a European requirement 

According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), being up to date means you have had the second dose of your original vaccine series, or a booster dose, within the past 270 days

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here it is from the CWC FAQ's.

10. What happens to the price of a cruise reservation if one guest in a double stateroom wishes to cancel, while the other guest prefers to sail?

• On or before the Final Payment due date: If one guest elects to cancel and receive a full or partial refund of their cruise fare, pricing for the guest still wishing to sail will be adjusted to reflect the current single supplement fare.

• After the Final payment due date: If the one guest was paid in full and elects to cancel while subject to 100% cancellation charges, the remaining single-traveler’s fare will remain unchanged.

Thanks, I hoped that you would answer! 

So the remaining person gets hit with fare increase… I doubt if the cancelling person will forgo getting her money back! 

According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), being up to date means you have had the second dose of your original vaccine series, or a booster dose, within the past 270 days

As this reads the booster is not a requirement. 

Thanks, I hoped that you would answer! 

So the remaining person gets hit with fare increase… I doubt if the cancelling person will forgo getting her money back! 

Some travel insurance covers the policy holder for the single supplement increase if travel partner in same stateroom is unable to travel. 

Edit:  don’t know if it is only for certain reasons, or if CWC / not boosted would be a covered reason.

Edited by ocean sounds
Typo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

As this reads the booster is not a requirement. 

The booster is a requirement if your last shot of your 2 shot series was over 270 days ago. If you finished your 2 shot series within 270 days, it is not a requirement. Similar for the few 1 shot folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

The booster is a requirement if your last shot of your 2 shot series was over 270 days ago. If you finished your 2 shot series within 270 days, it is not a requirement. Similar for the few 1 shot folks.

Ah you are correct thanks, need more coffee. 

When will this madness end?

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 1

Nevermind, I am incorrect. 

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Ah you are correct thanks. It is worded differently on Royal's website. The one word really matters....

"To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago."

The first one is worded a bit obtusely. It's the comma's in that one that matter:)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

The first one is worded a bit obtusely. It's the comma's in that one that matter:)

I edited my response cause I really don't know why I was reading it incorrectly. i blame lack of coffee, that's my story and I'm sticking to it haha. 

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

so is this for everyone or only Europe sailings like someone else said?

4 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

so is this for everyone or only Europe sailings like someone else said?

Europe only from what I have seen so far. My next one is from Florida early August, then I have one leaving end of August from Amsterdam, hence I am following Europe. And might have a cancellation issue very similar to this thread with the group going with us on the early August trip, which is how I came to be here. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Europe only from what I have seen so far. My next one is from Florida early August, then I have one leaving end of August from Amsterdam, hence I am following Europe. And might have a cancellation issue very similar to this thread with the group going with us on the early August trip, which is how I came to be here. 

We're sailing out of Amsterdam mid July and am also watching how things unfold. Especially the requirement to have a covid test to fly back into the US on same day the cruise ends. Hoping RCI will  offer testing onboard day before we disembark.