What has changed in Suite’s in the last 6 months?

Notalotofinfo

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, pressing service is still available. 

If you are in a suite...turn it over to your steward upon embarkation or at the latest, 9 AM on the second day.  You will get it back by the evening (same day service).

And if not in a suite, you can pay extra for same day service (in by 9 AM).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you are in a suite...turn it over to your steward upon embarkation or at the latest, 9 AM on the second day.  You will get it back by the evening (same day service).

That was my plan. We are elite in a club class mini for our first cruise in 2 years. 

1 minute ago, memoak said:

That was my plan. We are elite in a club class mini for our first cruise in 2 years. 

Elites in Minis will receive free pressing, but not same day.  If you want the same day service, it will come with an added cost.  Don't know how long turn around is for Elite services.  

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Elites in Minis will receive free pressing, but not same day.  If you want the same day service, it will come with an added cost.  Don't know how long turn around is for Elite services.  

In the past it has been 1-2 days.   Of course usually been in full suites. This was a free balcony with a cheap upgrade. The full suite upgrade was just too much for a 7 day cruise

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

I can understand changing what the suite perks are, but when you publish a statement on your website stating what they are, and then don’t deliver on that promise, that’s what’s disappointing. For me, clearly stating what to expect and then delivering on that promise it not too much to expect. 

For my next suite stay, I’ll know what to expect. As someone said, it’s still worth it for the price. I just wish the management took more care in settings expectations correctly. 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:58 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

No more chemical cleaning.  Only laundry and pressing service now.

We have only sailed as Elite one time so far. My wife sent out a dress for "cleaning" and it came back looking exactly the same as when she sent it out. She worked on it and got "most" of the stain out herself but the "cleaning" accomplished nothing at all.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, that was my experience in March 2022 on Caribbean Princess. 

Just off the Discovery. We received: 

• Chocolate covered strawberries on 1st formal night, handmade chocolates on the 2nd
  • Welcome aboard champagne and nibbles
  • Loofah, eye mask, emery board
  • Available to order nibbles every night

Did not get the L'Occitane amenities or the blue shaving kit that I received on the Majestic in October. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/16/2022 at 10:13 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

And back to the thread, I don’t expect much from suites on Princess. They definitely lack in this area. To feel special I book a suite with Celebrity. THAT’S a special experience. 

I booked my first cruise  with Celebrity for Mar 2023.  I did book a suite.  I will look forward to the comparison between the two lines and the suite differences

Edited by AF-1

My wife and I have only sailed in suites on Princess Ships.  Last cruise was Oct 2022 and we were treated very well, and did not see any lack of amenities in our suite. 

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 2

Just now, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Be very careful.  You will never want to go back from a suite again. 😜

My friend has been trying to get me to sail Celebrity for four years.  So we finally booked with he and his wife.  They have been sailing X for years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

My wife and I have only sailed in suites on Princess Ships.  Last cruise was Oct 2022 and we were treated very well, and did not see any lack of amenities in our suite. 

You do know that Oct 22 had not happened yet or have you been time traveling ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dunk said:

Just off the Discovery. We received: 

• Chocolate covered strawberries on 1st formal night, handmade chocolates on the 2nd
  • Welcome aboard champagne and nibbles
  • Loofah, eye mask, emery board
  • Available to order nibbles every night

Did not get the L'Occitane amenities or the blue shaving kit that I received on the Majestic in October. 

Thanks fantastic. I wonder why Caribbean Princess did not include these things? That’s really surprising how much variability there is. 

The Full-Suite benefit PDF has undergone significant changes since I last looked at it only a few weeks ago (month or so at most) Some of the things I noticed that changed or are missing:

• No pillow menu
  • mini-bar set up is limited to voyages of 6 days or more (I'm annoyed by this as we have two 5 day B2Bs booked in September and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the set up for those)
  • I THINK the complimentary specialty dining on embarkation evening WAS on voyages 4 days or longer and now it's 6 days but I might be mistaken on this one
  • no complimentary Platinum Studio sitting
  • "Upgraded bathroom amenities" no longer specifically mentions eye mask and bath salts.

There may be others. I saved the previous version on my work computer and will check it on Monday. New version is attached

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

• Thanks 1

It would be very helpful if Princess would standardize suite benefits across the fleet.  Do they not realize that passengers "discuss" and compare?

As for the Suite Priority Tendering, I was told it was only available as long as tickets are required. After that, it is a free for all (I was told to go to the "end of the line" by security.  

Bathroom amenities seem to vary by ship.

I only got ice once a day.  

But, my sheets were changed daily.  I thought that was a waste of manpower so let my steward know that every third or fourth day would be fine.  I did request turn down service in the evening but did not get any chocolates.  

Room Service was very accommodating to my mini-bar change out.  After all, I did have 4 sets over 25 days.  They even exchanged the exchanged items when I realized I had too much of something.  Most of it was given away to my room steward or CC waiters since I had the beverage package.  

Regardless of the cutbacks, the staff makes up for any Princess short comings.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...