Group Live Ruby Princess 4/16-4/30

CineGraphic

Considering everything that's been going on with the Ruby, I'm inviting anyone the next week or two to share their experiences here.

Feel free to post anything you want. The good, the bad, and the snarky.

We've had 2 active roll calls, with the bulk of folks hailing from California.

The guest count for tomorrow should be just over 2K.

The 4/23 sailing will be full. (whatever that is these days...assuming no more than 75%)

There is no official m&g planned for this sailing, but there is one for next week, and there is a group slot pull planned for both weeks.

In an effort to save a bit of money, and lessen our exposure at the same time, Pam & I are flying in early tomorrow.

Yes, many of you dislike flying in the day of, but since we're flying in non-stop and gaining hours as we fly from east to west, we should be on the ground before some of you have had your breakfast.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to waking up at 4am, but the TSA Gods have deemed it necessary. Such is life.

This will be our first b2b, and our 3rd cruise since the restart.

If my math is correct, we'll be elite when we disembark.

I'm looking forward to having my laundry destroyed for free, and coming home with fistfuls of tiny cognac bottles for my homemade French Onion Soup.

Wishing everyone safe travels........

Roll with the changes.....don't let the little $%#@ ruin your cruise.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Considering everything that's been going on with the Ruby, I'm inviting anyone the next week or two to share their experiences here.

Feel free to post anything you want. The good, the bad, and the snarky.

We've had 2 active roll calls, with the bulk of folks hailing from California.

The guest count for tomorrow should be just over 2K.

The 4/23 sailing will be full. (whatever that is these days...assuming no more than 75%)

There is no official m&g planned for this sailing, but there is one for next week, and there is a group slot pull planned for both weeks.

In an effort to save a bit of money, and lessen our exposure at the same time, Pam & I are flying in early tomorrow.

Yes, many of you dislike flying in the day of, but since we're flying in non-stop and gaining hours as we fly from east to west, we should be on the ground before some of you have had your breakfast.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to waking up at 4am, but the TSA Gods have deemed it necessary. Such is life.

This will be our first b2b, and our 3rd cruise since the restart.

If my math is correct, we'll be elite when we disembark.

I'm looking forward to having my laundry destroyed for free, and coming home with fistfuls of tiny cognac bottles for my homemade French Onion Soup.

Wishing everyone safe travels........

Roll with the changes.....don't let the little $%#@ ruin your cruise.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Enjoy your cruise and GOOD LUCK!!! My experience since I know you read my post from Ruby 2/19-3/8 I had a terrible experience but I so enjoy all your post hear and as well as on other CC posts. So enjoy and you and Pam will have fun!!

Denise😊

• Like 1

On the 4/11 Ruby. Embarkation a mess, no fault of Princess. Mood on board great, about 20% masked. Covid discussions not heard. What you’ve read on these boards isn’t a good representation of what I’m seeing. Relax and have a good time.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, edspec said:

On the 4/11 Ruby. Embarkation a mess, no fault of Princess. Mood on board great, about 20% masked. Covid discussions not heard. What you’ve read on these boards isn’t a good representation of what I’m seeing. Relax and have a good time.

Totally agree!  Onboard now having a great time and looking forward to the next one.  As edspec says, don’t believe everything you read!!!!

• Like 4

Looking forward to sailing out of SF tomorrow.  Will post my impressions of the Ruby.  

It's my first cruise since March 2020, the Majestic Princess in Australia, and I can't wait!

It's been too long!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edspec said:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I needed to hear this tonight as I board tomorrow 😃

• Like 3

On another thread someone posted that the laundry list in one of the ships no longer includes the "cleaning" option (the equivalent of what used to be "dry cleaning, just regular laundry and pressing options.

Does the laundry list on the Ruby still include the "cleaning option?"

Thanks.

Looking forward to hearing some good positive things.  We'll be on the Ruby in August and just about all I've read so far has been everyone's sick, long lines, it's a rust bucket, food is horrible etc.  I hope you are all able to enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Totally agree!  Onboard now having a great time and looking forward to the next one.  As edspec says, don’t believe everything you read!!!!

I actually tend to believe both sides....some individuals have reported troubling sutuations and others, with a positive test, have reported being cared for. I have cruised twice recently with no issues or concerns on board and, thankfully have remained Covid free.  But there does seem to be some varying experiences on different ships/sailings. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 3

flew in to sfo yesterday. spent the night in union square. first cruise in 10+ years. received pcr test results overnight. negative yay! that was causing some anxiety because walgreens said results were 3-5 days out. instead got them back in 36 hours. hopefully embarkation goes smoothly.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, caribill said:

On another thread someone posted that the laundry list in one of the ships no longer includes the "cleaning" option (the equivalent of what used to be "dry cleaning, just regular laundry and pressing options.

Thanks.

This is from the Grand Princess, but would guess it is fleet wide.

Laundry.thumb.jpeg.7b293a7e7b73c21179d58b29cb2ece25.jpeg

• Like 2

We arrived at the port around noon. 
The local crew at the pier is not as polished as the folks who work regularly at Port Everglades. They are the main reason for the few delays I saw today. Even being in the green lane, check in took too long as you could tell the clerks were nowhere near 100% comfortable with the system.

We we’re told that cabins would be ready at 1:30, but they announced on board at 1 that all cabins were ready.

FF2FFC72-6D2C-445D-B539-E0B8A7591468.jpeg

1913ADB5-FF60-4284-95DE-A065610CA01D.jpeg

8B2B4367-AC85-4F37-9326-612512603299.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

We arrived at the port around noon. 
The local crew at the pier is not as polished as the folks who work regularly at Port Everglades. They are the main reason for the few delays I saw today. Even being in the green lane, check in took too long as you could tell the clerks were nowhere near 100% comfortable with the system.

We we’re told that cabins would be ready at 1:30, but they announced on board at 1 that all cabins were ready.

We sailed out of LAX in March and I agree, Port Everglades staff are much more organized.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, caribill said:

Thanks.

You absolutely can get either on Ruby.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cvpends said:

You won't have troubles with embarkation today, I predict.  We were off in 10 minutes and they seem to have their systems down.

They also probably didn’t have to get dozens of COVID positive guests off the ship and moved to quarantine on land. 

• Like 1

I hope it goes good for everyone.  Stay safe, we had over 100 cases of covid last week and not one word said.  25 % of our roll call tested positive.  Most people were oblivious to it.  Believe me they keep it quiet and won’t make anyone mask up.   I Hope this one is a better cruise for everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5