Accommodation near new Pinkenba Cruise Terminal Brisbane

We are staying at the Pullman at Brisbane domestic the night before the June 19 Coral cruise.  Really nice hotel and a short Uber to the new terminal.  I guess we have to try and find a pharmacy to do supervised RAT before going to the hotel. Driving to Brisbane from Stanthorpe.   

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, kenexx said:

We are staying at the Pullman at Brisbane domestic the night before the June 19 Coral cruise.  Really nice hotel and a short Uber to the new terminal.  I guess we have to try and find a pharmacy to do supervised RAT before going to the hotel. Driving to Brisbane from Stanthorpe.   

There is a Chemist Warehouse at the DFO centre at 'Skygate' not far from the airport but I don't know if they are currently doing supervised RATs.

Personally, I would still be looking to stay in the same place as I would for Portside departures to make the most of the conveniences there - mini-supermarket, restaurants, cafes, ferry to the city etc.

Alcyone apartments was my favourite for Portside departures, and would still be our pick if we follow through with a booking on Coral Princess.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Personally, I would still be looking to stay in the same place as I would for Portside departures to make the most of the conveniences there - mini-supermarket, restaurants, cafes, ferry to the city etc.

Alcyone apartments was my favourite for Portside departures, and would still be our pick if we follow through with a booking on Coral Princess.

Alcyone will stay as our favourite for overnight pre cruise stays in Brisbane.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

There is a Chemist Warehouse at the DFO centre at 'Skygate' not far from the airport but I don't know if they are currently doing supervised RATs.

I found a Direct Chemist Outlet as Skygate. I,called them this afternoon and they are not doing them. I think I’ll book at Chemist Warehouse on Lutwyche Road.  

4 minutes ago, kenexx said:

I found a Direct Chemist Outlet as Skygate. I,called them this afternoon and they are not doing them. I think I’ll book at Chemist Warehouse on Lutwyche Road.  

Do you know when we are required to have the RAT test? BTW, I keep smiling about 'supervised RATs' imagining all these rodents running around under supervision.🙂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Do you know when we are required to have the RAT test? BTW, I keep smiling about 'supervised RATs' imagining all these rodents running around under supervision.🙂

From what I’ve read for NSW departures I think is 24 hours.  I’m guessing QLD will be the same.  My complication is having to drive from Stanthorpe Saturday morning.  I like to,be organized with things like this.  It’s the old travel agent and Qantas employee in me 😃

Just now, kenexx said:

From what I’ve read for NSW departures I think is 24 hours.  I’m guessing QLD will be the same.  My complication is having to drive from Stanthorpe Saturday morning.  I like to,be organized with things like this.  It’s the old travel agent and Qantas employee in me 😃

The supervised RATs are only supposed to take 15 minutes - well, maybe add another 15 to be sure.🙂

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

The supervised RATs are only supposed to take 15 minutes - well, maybe add another 15 to be sure.🙂

Yes I will. We have to collect the third person traveling with us from the Airport before we go to get the tests.  It’ll be worth it once we are onboard.  

Just now, kenexx said:

Yes I will. We have to collect the third person traveling with us from the Airport before we go to get the tests.  It’ll be worth it once we are onboard.  

Have a fantastic return to cruising. I am sure the crew will be welcoming. 🙂 Our first cruise is 25th June.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Have a fantastic return to cruising. I am sure the crew will be welcoming. 🙂 Our first cruise is 25th June.

Thank you. We can’t wait.  I’m sure you’ll enjoy yours on the 25th as well. 

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

Thank you for that will check it out.

21 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Good luck with that - this area is mostly noted for it's sewerage works. 

The Garden Suburb of Pinkenba, lol. I have been to the aforesaid place of scenic beauty, lol.

Brisvegas airport hotels would be the shot or one in the CBD.

Edited by NSWP

23 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I notice that motel has a shuttle bus. It might be worth asking if they intend to shuttle to Luggage Point.

They used to have their free shuttle for the 1km to Portside. There are a couple of others on that strip that also had a free cruise shuttle to Portside. Worth an ask for any of them, but it would be a tough ask because of the added travel time.

30 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They used to have their free shuttle for the 1km to Portside. There are a couple of others on that strip that also had a free cruise shuttle to Portside. Worth an ask for any of them, but it would be a tough ask because of the added travel time.

Portside Parking will be running a shuttle bus to the new terminal in the months before they get their new facility at Pinkenba operational. They don't have the land yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Geoff what was the name of the motel we all stayed at for the Pac Dawn cruise....maybe 2010?

We were able to leave our car there for the week and walk to Portside. I know its not near the new terminal but other than a Airport hotel I would stay near Portside if leaving from Brisbanes new terminal again.

On 4/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, kenexx said:

I have read that Histopath are doing tests at the Brisbane International Airport Terminal. PCR results in 90 mins. Not sure if it is only for flights. Also supervised RATS.

• Like 1