The Daily for Monday 04/18/2022

richwmn

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So DD and DSIL went over to see her after work and she had to go over the Rainbow Bridge.  She's in heaven now.   I'm sitting here crying this afternoon.  We will all miss her terribly.  Way too young at 6 1/2.

We're so very sorry. Even when we know that it's right to help a pet across, that doesn't make it feel any better.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers

Sandi, I have been in tears today hearing one of my closest friends husband passed away unexpectedly. I saw your posting on Gracie and I am a hot mess tonight.  I pray you will find comfort in the love you shared with your sweet grand dog. I'm so, so sorry to hear of her passing. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the daily contributions, have not been to Amber Cove, so really appreciate the photos.

@kazu thank you for sharing your special video.

@dfish hope you do not have to wait too long before seeing the surgeon..

@sailingdutchy Happy Birthday to Martha.

@Cruzin Terri hope you are feeling improved and that your temperature soon returns to normal.  Happy Birthday to your DH,

@Crazy For Cats thank you for posting the video of the long tooting.

@GeorgeCharliethank you for your cruise memories video,  recognise two nearby views.

@SeaSickSailor sending condolences  to you and your close friend.

@grapau27 thank you for your reply to my query yesterday.  Would appreciate if you would kindly compare your experiences of sailing on both P&O and the Holland America Line.  Am curious about the differences between the two lines.  Which would you rate as better and why?

It's another sunny day, temperature 20 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers

Sandi, I have been in tears today hearing one of my closest friends husband passed away unexpectedly. I saw your posting on Gracie and I am a hot mess tonight.  I pray you will find comfort in the love you shared with your sweet grand dog. I'm so, so sorry to hear of her passing. 

OH NO 😔 I am so sorry to hear of our friend’s DH unexpected passing 😢 How so very sad.  I am so very sorry to hear of your friend’s loss and yours 💔 

My condolences to her, her family and you. My prayers are with you all and that he RIP 🙏🏻 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sorry about the sad news Sandi.  When I logged on tonight and saw 6 pages, I knew something either very sad or very good happened today ☹️. Positive thoughts to your entire family.  Been 2 years since we had to make that difficult decision, and it still hurts, but does get easier. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers

Joy, our condolences to you and Allen on the passing of your dear friend's DH.   May you both and your friend and her family find comfort in the memories of the good times with her husband.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

News this afternoon wasn't good about Gracie.  It was either an inter cranial tumor or inflammatory disease.  Steroids and epilepsy drugs weren't going to cure her.  They said today she was blind.  What a decline since Friday.   Could only go out to go potty if they used a towel to lift her up because she couldn't stand up.  She wouldn't be able to be left at home unless in a pen so she wouldn't hurt herself.  So DD and DSIL went over to see her after work and she had to go over the Rainbow Bridge.  She's in heaven now.   I'm sitting here crying this afternoon.  We will all miss her terribly.  Way too young at 6 1/2.

Here she was watching DH fix the Thanksgiving turkey for us all at DD's house a few years ago. Waiting for that piece of stuffing to end up on the floor, bless her heart.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGGW5Jl4TYUHhzKIpqsnU_Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650319425

I’m so sorry to hear this news, such a terribly difficult decision to make, especially for a young dog.  Sending hugs!   Our DD lost their two year old Labrador to cancer, so tough.  

5 hours ago, NextOne said:

@rafinmdRoy, I finally got to see "Come from Away" on Saturday - it was wonderful! Now I understand why you & others go to see it again and again. I can't wait to go back!

Such a Great play, glad you enjoyed it!

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers

My condolences, so difficult.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily contributions, have not been to Amber Cove, so really appreciate the photos.

@kazu thank you for sharing your special video.

@dfish hope you do not have to wait too long before seeing the surgeon..

@sailingdutchy Happy Birthday to Martha.

@Cruzin Terri hope you are feeling improved and that your temperature soon returns to normal.  Happy Birthday to your DH,

@Crazy For Cats thank you for posting the video of the long tooting.

@GeorgeCharliethank you for your cruise memories video,  recognise two nearby views.

@SeaSickSailor sending condolences  to you and your close friend.

@grapau27 thank you for your reply to my query yesterday.  Would appreciate if you would kindly compare your experiences of sailing on both P&O and the Holland America Line.  Am curious about the differences between the two lines.  Which would you rate as better and why?

It's another sunny day, temperature 20 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

P&O is almost 100% British passengers sailing mainly from Southampton England but also in the summer from Malta and Tenerife with flight inclusives from local UK airports and  Barbados in winter with flight inclusives from UK airports or Transatlantic sailings to and from Southampton England.

There are 2 smaller Adult only ships Aurora and Arcadia catering for older passengers while the newer bigger ships are more family orientated.

£ sterling is onboard currency.

Food and entertainment is aimed at British tastes.

Gratuities included in the fare and no service charge on drinks.

We eat dinner primarily in the speciality restaurants and cash tip our excellent waiters every night.

Our last 4 cruises and our next 2 cruises this year are sailing from Southampton England because of covid restrictions when we booked them.

Unfortunately HAL didn't have any sailings from Southampton but we will definitely sail on HAL either later this year or next year.

Our 57 cruises to date have been on P&O, Royal Caribbean,Princess and a couple on NCL Gem.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

News this afternoon wasn't good about Gracie.  It was either an inter cranial tumor or inflammatory disease.  Steroids and epilepsy drugs weren't going to cure her.  They said today she was blind.  What a decline since Friday.   Could only go out to go potty if they used a towel to lift her up because she couldn't stand up.  She wouldn't be able to be left at home unless in a pen so she wouldn't hurt herself.  So DD and DSIL went over to see her after work and she had to go over the Rainbow Bridge.  She's in heaven now.   I'm sitting here crying this afternoon.  We will all miss her terribly.  Way too young at 6 1/2.

Here she was watching DH fix the Thanksgiving turkey for us all at DD's house a few years ago. Waiting for that piece of stuffing to end up on the floor, bless her heart.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGGW5Jl4TYUHhzKIpqsnU_Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650319425

Oh Sandi.

I'm so so sorry to hear the extremely sad news about Gracie.

Sending our love and condolences to your DD,DSIL, yourself and your husband.

Graham and Pauline xx

Screenshot_20211125_085547.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers

I'm sorry to hear your sad news about your close friends husband.

Sending our prayers 🙏 and deepest condolences to all her family and friends.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers

Joy, I am sorry to hear about the sudden passing  of your friends  husband.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers

Joy, my condolences to you and your friend and all her family and friends. Praying that wonderful memories help ease the pain of him passing. 

• Like 5

Thank you my friends for your words of condolences.  It really helps to know you care.  @JAM37, @cruzn single, @durangoscots, @erewhon, @kochleffel, @Seasick Sailor, @Kurtybee123, @bennybear, @rafinmd, @grapau27, and @puppycanducruise.  Joy @Seasick Sailor, I am so sorry to add to your burden of grief on the day your dear friend lost her husband.  My sympathy to you and your friend's family on this loss.  And @bennybearhow awful your DD lost a 2 year old puppy to cancer.  Hard to imagine something like that could happen.  Very sorry to hear it.

My thanks to all of you.  XX

❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you my friends for your words of condolences.  It really helps to know you care.  @JAM37, @cruzn single, @durangoscots, @erewhon, @kochleffel, @Seasick Sailor, @Kurtybee123, @bennybear, @rafinmd, @grapau27, and @puppycanducruise.  Joy @Seasick Sailor, I am so sorry to add to your burden of grief on the day your dear friend lost her husband.  My sympathy to you and your friend's family on this loss.  And @bennybearhow awful your DD lost a 2 year old puppy to cancer.  Hard to imagine something like that could happen.  Very sorry to hear it.

My thanks to all of you.  XX

❤️

Thanks Sandi, it was very hard and unexpected.  He was our  DSIL ‘S first dog and the grandchildren were devastated.   Fortunately they had pet insurance as it was super expensive,  they were even going to try chemo, but it was of no avail.  It took awhile to figure it out, one time they also thought Cushing’s, but it was lymphoma.  Probably either genetic or possible connection to Round up weed killer.  
They  now have another lovely healthy dog over two years, but you always miss these dear pets. Sending gentle hugs to you and your family!   I know how hard it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Yes, we had a great cruise around parts of both the North and South Islands in Jan/Feb 2013, including Dunedin and Milford Sound.😎

@GeorgeCharlie pleased that you had a great cruise, as yet, do not know if there will be cruise ships visiting NZ this coming cruise season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@GeorgeCharlie pleased that you had a great cruise, as yet, do not know if there will be cruise ships visiting NZ this coming cruise season.

Really do hope cruising does start up for your summer season and the world gets back to some normality. We have a South American cruise booked for this Nov/Dec and it still looks questionable for some of the ports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Really do hope cruising does start up for your summer season and the world gets back to some normality. We have a South American cruise booked for this Nov/Dec and it still looks questionable for some of the ports.

@GeorgeCharlie hoping  that your South American cruise  will go ahead as planned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, erewhon said:

@GeorgeCharlie hoping  that your South American cruise  will go ahead as planned.

We're very patiently waiting for it to finally happen!!

It is a replacement cruise for one we were to take in the fall of 2020. Unfortunately, like most cruises today, it is a shorter cruise (by 6 days), costs more, and doesn't visit some of the ports we were hoping to see.

Have you been on any cruises lately, or do you have any planned? 

• Like 2