The Daily for Wednesday 04/20/2022

richwmn

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

It has been a challenging  time here and we are  trying to be supportive  and helpful . I was with both of my parents and my DB when they  died  and  thought I would be able to do this but it is very hard. Anyway, we hope fir better days.

Terry

I am keeping you close to my heart.  You are going through a horrible time, all of you.  I was the main caretaker for my mom when she was on hospice.  It was not easy to watch as she went downhill.  The hospice nurse was with us when she passed and she commented on what a wonderful job we had done with mom.  She said she hadn't seen a more peaceful passing.  That made the hard part worthwhile knowing we had provided that for her.   The nurse also said her passing was harder on us than it was on her and I think she was right.  Take care of each other, love a little harder, forgive a little easier, and hug more.   Bless  you for what you are doing.   

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On our 2015 cruise on Royal Princess we were accompanied by friends from Myrtle Beach, SC who like to cruise in the hurricane off season only.  So this May cruise was perfect for them.  They took a ship's tour to Powerscourt Estate that day, and the photos they gave me of it look lovely.  DH and I decided to take the train into Dublin.  The Royal Princess was docked out of Dublin in the port of Dun Laoghaire.  We walked a couple of miles to the train station through that charming village and since it was such a beautiful sunny day, we enjoyed our exercise.  The train was clean and inexpensive, plus it took only 17 minutes to get to Dublin versus an hour in a bus or van.  No traffic, too!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKev6XuBIio-L95-vaFBh4k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We saw Trinity College00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdutJRET8y9aXHZLttAWbA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKUGlDCGJExMY_nxJI3Sov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQzvvJE1SN8mW4WQInir3A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Dublin is a very busy town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8GcXOSm7mvg-uSf4hnp4g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

But they have their priorities straight!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0ziV-mSlWTo_zgGCnYM1q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpp-TchOUxWTW_2mHjHBfx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Then we saw Dublin Castle.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKO9Hy_4au7UbTE__0ALsgA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDJ67XzQdHwoP0BMR4-33k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The old and the new00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwIfdzO7Q6cXFkS_Mrnjea?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Next we walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral which I love to see each visit.  It's so grand.  I paid admission to enter and see the interior.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwRRixBzc2s5PkE0fUzl7J?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHQUg5w4AQvPfn8OupWPT1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Founded in 1191, it was ornate, huge and dark as well as crowded with tourists like me.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLe424qlkMAw20OTDVKKIvG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjd6KlbpaALRrMyZkjcfui?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7dE9nnY4RyJWmy5pBqbtk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

On the gate outside the Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3_TyWVNCNfMqXrthT4mGb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Further along on our walk we came to this corner where you have a history museum called Dublinia.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEMVeXyWAAKeq5xmy3WD0w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The archway on the right connected to the Christ Church Cathedral across the street from Dublinia.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJotqa3WRmAYuu1-5tJkeQ_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The archway00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIP8T9oV_rWU20PGWOwPUgD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

And across the street from it all is this statue called Millennium Child.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSAOPj9S3ywnOAYIZqCxqV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Time to head back to the train station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbIphAhsUEnqBCHKESYTqF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

You know the saying "a river runs through it"?  Same with Dublin.  It's called the River Liffey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwZk-6DaEKH7FmhUPeVgje?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJw3iV7o9TNIvH54oZX7EdT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgxLHTKA_6x1qidcG5NXk5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Molly Malone's statue which had been moved due to construction since our prior visit in 2011.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeEB2-kXXtj1hoxisjd7W7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

After our train ride back to Dun Laoghaire, we enjoyed a second walk through that town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRYuQwSKWOCvDcyEcVAY2K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYaF1NMxvtQ_QM1tyfrUJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

My goodness, all these photos are only from the 2015 stop in Dublin.  I haven't even looked at 2017 yet.  If there are different places we saw I will add them to another post.  I hope you enjoyed Dublin - we did!

Your photos bring back our Dublin memories.

We spent a lot of time shopping in Grafton Street.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

The XBGuys are getting Booster #2, at 2:00 pm, this afternoon.

Yesterday we celebrated XBGuy's birthday at (what was for us) a new restaurant.

IMG_0573.jpg.0ffc77bbac58261e0b94410665a9ee20.jpg

In January I posted a picture of a single bearded iris that bloomed in a planter in the back yard,  A January bloom was very unusual.  Well, now a bunch in the front yard are blooming.

IMG_8675.jpg.de67550539d93d3488c3aae1c0039538.jpg

IMG_8676.jpg.0782490eb4299b636714fa87a656a525.jpg

They were all the lilac colored like the one that bloomed in January.  Then, today I noticed that there are a couple black ones blooming.

IMG_8677.jpg.b853779e40c59eb2c0b70b673b977610.jpg

• Like 28

@smitty34877so sorry to read your post today.  Such a difficult path and journey you are on 😢 Bless you for being willing to take it and I pray that God grants you and your family the strength you need in this difficult, horrific time 🙏🏻 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.It will be a little warmer here today and I hope to put the heavy coat away in the closet with the boots,hats and gloves.

Bananas are a good thing and I have a dear cousin who shares my features  My DH did a double take when he met her the first time.Red hair,glasses and a distinctive  chin.

She recently sent me a picture of her grey hair  so we remain in sync.

We were in Dublin on a British  Isles cruise and really enjoyed it. 

I will pass on today's  recipe selection  and need to come up with something  everyone will eat. Maybe  vegetarian  chili.

It has been a challenging  time here and we are  trying to be supportive  and helpful . I was with both of my parents and my DB when they  died  and  thought I would be able to do this but it is very hard. Anyway, we hope fir better days.

Terry

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

The XBGuys are getting Booster #2, at 2:00 pm, this afternoon.

Yesterday we celebrated XBGuy's birthday at (what was for us) a new restaurant.

IMG_0573.jpg.0ffc77bbac58261e0b94410665a9ee20.jpg

In January I posted a picture of a single bearded iris that bloomed in a planter in the back yard,  A January bloom was very unusual.  Well, now a bunch in the front yard are blooming.

IMG_8675.jpg.de67550539d93d3488c3aae1c0039538.jpg

IMG_8676.jpg.0782490eb4299b636714fa87a656a525.jpg

They were all the lilac colored like the one that bloomed in January.  Then, today I noticed that there are a couple black ones blooming.

IMG_8677.jpg.b853779e40c59eb2c0b70b673b977610.jpg

Happy belated birthday.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Hope you have a great trip to Greece, where are you heading! 

It's a cruise from Athens, calling at Kusadasi (Turkey), Patmos, Rhodes, Mykonos, Argostoli, Corfu, and Santorini. I can get to Athens only the afternoon before embarking, but I'm staying on for several days after the cruise.

• Like 21

Good early afternoon!  Sorry but no bananas for me, I've tried and tried but just don't like them, however I do like them cooked like in banana bread.  Many people have thought I've looked like someone else, someone once told me Holly Hunter but I don't think so, however as I've gotten older I look more and more like my mother.  One of my retirement goals was to volunteer but that went out the window with covid.

I'm not a big fan of Pozole but the recipes do look good, thanks Debbie.  I really need to start concentrating on using up my freezer food, it's just too full.  I've never been to Ireland.  I had a really nice boss who was from Dublin and I loved her accent.  She had a huge tree in her backyard that she called her Malahide tree because it reminded her of home.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser -- safe travels and wave as you travel through Tucson!  We aren't near I10 at all but on the east side so as you pass Houghton wave northward. 

Rich, @richwmn, thank you for today's Daily.  I saw the Oosterdam on FB yesterday in dry dock getting spiffy for her first upcoming cruise with passengers since the pandemic.  What a lovely site!  We'll board her on June 1st in Barcelona.

Roy, @rafinmd, thank you for the lists today.  Prayers to all, especially Jacqui, @kazu, your video of the water was intense, be careful on the roads.  Also wanted to mention that I loved the video of Jose you posted the other day.  I would have loved to have met him.  Terry @smitty34877, extra prayers for you and your family and Tana.  We haven't heard from @msmayor recently...... or Linda @lindaler....  How are you both doing?  And Gerry, @ger_77, careful!  Crazy about the snow.  Will you still be able to leave tomorrow?

@XBGuy -- Happy belated Birthday Wishes!  And your flowers are beautiful.

Take care everyone and have a great day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

It's a cruise from Athens, calling at Kusadasi (Turkey), Patmos, Rhodes, Mykonos, Argostoli, Corfu, and Santorini. I can get to Athens only the afternoon before embarking, but I'm staying on for several days after the cruise.

Patmos is lovely!  Have you been there before?  It was a replacement port when our itinerary changed due to a transportation strike in Athens.  This was in May 2001.  We went to the Cave of St John the Evangelist and church then ate lunch at a cafe near the waterfront.

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

This will be an amazing cruise.

All of the ports are lovely.

Graham

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Sounds lovely!  I’ve been to all except Patmos multiple times if I can be of any help?  Enjoy!

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Patmos is lovely!  Have you been there before?

I haven't. It's a little strange, because it's on the same day as Kusadasi and we'll be at Patmos in the evening. People have been asking if the excursions listed by the cruise line will even be possible, considering that it could be dark before they end.

So far I have no plans for either Kusadasi, which is the port for Ephesus, or Patmos -- I don't have the same enthusiasm for sites important in the history of Christianity that many passengers would. OTOH, I did enjoy Basilica San Clemente in Rome, which stands on top of an earlier Christian church that was built on top of a shrine of Mithra, both of which have been excavated. Advice about Kusadasi and Patmos will be very welcome!

• Like 15

@smitty34877I am so sorry that you are having to go through this terrible period. @kazuI am equally sorry for the trials and tribulations that you are going through.

On a much happier note my BIL John came home from the hospital yesterday with oxygen full time and a catheter but all in all he is doing very well. I plan to go see him this afternoon when SIL takes him for a walk.

Jane

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I haven't. It's a little strange, because it's on the same day as Kusadasi and we'll be at Patmos in the evening. People have been asking if the excursions listed by the cruise line will even be possible, considering that it could be dark before they end.

So far I have no plans for either Kusadasi, which is the port for Ephesus, or Patmos -- I don't have the same enthusiasm for sites important in the history of Christianity that many passengers would. OTOH, I did enjoy Basilica San Clemente in Rome, which stands on top of an earlier Christian church that was built on top of a shrine of Mithra, both of which have been excavated. Advice about Kusadasi and Patmos will be very welcome!

There are lots of shops and Bazaars in Kusadasi.

If you like shopping you will enjoy Kusadasi.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I am keeping you close to my heart.  You are going through a horrible time, all of you.  I was the main caretaker for my mom when she was on hospice.  It was not easy to watch as she went downhill.  The hospice nurse was with us when she passed and she commented on what a wonderful job we had done with mom.  She said she hadn't seen a more peaceful passing.  That made the hard part worthwhile knowing we had provided that for her.   The nurse also said her passing was harder on us than it was on her and I think she was right.  Take care of each other, love a little harder, forgive a little easier, and hug more.   Bless  you for what you are doing.   

Thank you so much Debbie, it means a lot. We are all hoping our girl has more time with all of us but she has really had a rough time lately. I will certainly take your good advice and love,forgive and hug more.

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Advice about Kusadasi and Patmos will be very welcome!

We have only been to Ephesus so no other recommendations there, however I do think you'd find it interesting because the ruins are amazing. 

Patmos is very small.  If you like walking/hiking you can actually walk the hill, I think it's called Hora, lots of little cafe's and beautiful scenery.  If it's an evening port I'm not sure, but just maybe grabbing a drink or pastry would be fun.  It's a tender port.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

It has been a really awful day but the good wishes,prayers and encouragement from all of the good folks here has helped tremendously. Thank you  so much. I am out of energy and brain power to attempt even blue bubbles or  multi quotes and hope you understand. 
I am off to make something or other for dinner and walk the dogs.

Terry

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

@smitty34877  Terry, reading your post today was not what any of us wanted see.  I'm so sorry all of you are going through such a rough time, and that today is so awful.  Sending positive thoughts that Tana can rally and have more time.  Hoping for strength for you, your family, and especially her son.

We understand your not wanting to do complicated post.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@smitty34877you know that if any of us lived close by we'd be at your house in a heartbeat, just to give you a reprieve.  You must be exhausted; I can't imagine how you're able to carry on.  Please know I'm adding my strength and prayers to those already mentioned here for you to be able to persevere through Tana's illness.  Always know you have a safe place here to let it all out - that's what family is for.

@XBGuya belated Happy Birthday to XBGuy for yesterday!

@Quartzsite Cruisersafe travels as you make your way back home.  I'm glad you're taking your time, rather than pushing it too hard.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to head out on the highway tomorrow - we've shovelled twice today and it looks like we might have to do a third before it gets dark.    

Take care, everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

It has been a really awful day but the good wishes,prayers and encouragement from all of the good folks here has helped tremendously. Thank you  so much. I am out of energy and brain power to attempt even blue bubbles or  multi quotes and hope you understand. 
I am off to make something or other for dinner and walk the dogs.

Terry

Our thoughts are with you and your family Terry.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1