Princess Medallion

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

By manually going to the service desk - yes. Otherwise you went by their default sequence. As with most, I never bothered unless we had to get off for a flight.

No, every time we have been given a letter with a form to check for our preferred disembarkation times, in 30 minute windows, and to indicate how many luggage tags we needed. Our cabin steward would collect the form. Then we would receive our luggage tags and actual disembarkation time within that selected 30 minute window - I think they put people into groups 5-10 minutes apart.

Ā 

I guess if you never returned the first form you would be put into a default group.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

Arrrggggg Ive turned yellow!!! I havent done anything? Changed anything???? Wonder if it means we're getting closer????

Nope my medallion order wont go through and its never shown me what I ordered (just the freebies).

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Arrrggggg Ive turned yellow!!! I havent done anything? Changed anything???? Wonder if it means we're getting closer????

Nope my medallion order wont go through and its never shown me what I ordered (just the freebies).

Ā 

Where does the yellow show up? Does the opening screen still show you in the green lane?

44 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, every time we have been given a letter with a form to check for our preferred disembarkation times, in 30 minute windows, and to indicate how many luggage tags we needed. Our cabin steward would collect the form. Then we would receive our luggage tags and actual disembarkation time within that selected 30 minute window - I think they put people into groups 5-10 minutes apart.

Ā 

I guess if you never returned the first form you would be put into a default group.

It has differed for us. The last two were handled by a group leader who organised our own debarkation group to line-up with the land part of the trip, so we ignored the form and were assigned a time. The group leader handed us our tags and our group time showed up on the debarkation list. The couple before that were short cruises, where our luggage tags and debarkation times were on the bed when we returned from dinner. I have had the form as well, and also had them ignore our requested time, but I guess that is mostly in the past now.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Where does the yellow show up? Does the opening screen still show you in the green lane?

Well it WAS when I opened app. I just reopened to check and its back to BLUE!!!! So false alarm I'm pleased to say! Im getting scared to open it lol

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Are you still in the green lane?

No we've been in blue lane since we had to upload our docs (vac cert) and until we can attest to RAT results. Prior to that we were green lane. And interestingly we are still green lane for October 22 cruise.

22 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Ā 

Jaundice?Ā 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

No we've been in blue lane since we had to upload our docs (vac cert) and until we can attest to RAT results. Prior to that we were green lane. And interestingly we are still green lane for October 22 cruise.

Another puzzle here. We haven't up-loaded our vac cert and we certainly haven't attested to a RAT test. We went into the green lane a couple of weeks ago and have stayed there. Maybe there is something else that hasn't been finalised on your Medallion app info.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Another puzzle here. We haven't up-loaded our vac cert and we certainly haven't attested to a RAT test. We went into the green lane a couple of weeks ago and have stayed there. Maybe there is something else that hasn't been finalised on your Medallion app info.

remind me which date you leave? I presumed it was because they just asked for the certificate etc when I logged in other week. The october cruise not asking for anything yet, so its all green.

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

remind me which date you leave? I presumed it was because they just asked for the certificate etc when I logged in other week. The october cruise not asking for anything yet, so its all green.

26th June.

Ā 

Mine might change colour from green as we get closer to the cruise and it tries to remind us to up-load the vax certs and attest to the RAT test.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

26th June.

ok. So when are you going to upload your docs? Just before you go etc??? Wonder of anyone else has gone blue from green once they uploaded????

The only thing on our app that is not showing "completed" or ticked, is the health status about the rat test.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

ok. So when are you going to upload your docs? Just before you go etc??? Wonder of anyone else has gone blue from green once they uploaded????

The only thing on our app that is not showing "completed" or ticked, is the health status about the rat test.

I am hoping that the web version of the Medallion app will be brought up to date allowing me to up-load our vax certs from my PC. The certs are already on the PC. My next alternative is to photograph the certs on our phone then up-load onto the Medallion app.

Ā 

The only item not showing the green tick on the old version of the app on my PC is the health status, probably because we haven't uploaded the vax certs. On the new version of the app that appears on my phone, we have the big green square with the QR code and the notation "Your arrival status Green". It doesn't show any blanks, but I am aware we have to up-load the certs and attest to the RAT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am hoping that the web version of the Medallion app will be brought up to date allowing me to up-load our vax certs from my PC. The certs are already on the PC. My next alternative is to photograph the certs on our phone then up-load onto the Medallion app.

Ā 

The only item not showing the green tick on the old version of the app on my PC is the health status, probably because we haven't uploaded the vax certs. On the new version of the app that appears on my phone, we have the big green square with the QR code and the notation "Your arrival status Green". It doesn't show any blanks, but I am aware we have to up-load the certs and attest to the RAT.

Could you take a screen shot on your PC and email it to your phone and save it as a photo? Which is what I did and it works fine.Ā 

Anyone have any clues on how Princess is handling the medallion for folks booked on multiple back to back cruises? I spoke with a totally confused CSR that said we would need a new one for each cruise. šŸ¤” We had originally ordered one to be shipped to our home before we left. He then entered new orders for the next 3 cruises to be delivered to the port. So tonight I go in and look at the medallion order history on the app and it has 4 orders and has all 4 of our cruise confirmation on each of the 4 orders. So do we need a new medallion for each cruise or is one good for all 4 cruises?Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

Anyone have any clues on how Princess is handling the medallion for folks booked on multiple back to back cruises? I spoke with a totally confused CSR that said we would need a new one for each cruise. šŸ¤” We had originally ordered one to be shipped to our home before we left. He then entered new orders for the next 3 cruises to be delivered to the port. So tonight I go in and look at the medallion order history on the app and it has 4 orders and has all 4 of our cruise confirmation on each of the 4 orders. So do we need a new medallion for each cruise or is one good for all 4 cruises?Ā 

On or before turnaround day you will attend a meeting on the process. Sometimes you are required to walk off and back on the cruise as a minimum. Depends on requirements of arrival port authorities. You will get a new medallion for each individual cruise.

Edited by Bizziecruzer
Oops
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

On princess chat line she confirmed we would get new medallion fir each one (4 B2B) June 22

30 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Same here, and I'm not messing with it until we do the RAT and attest to it. I will have photos of our vac certs on my phone so could upload them then otherwise we'll also have paper copies.Ā 

Ā 

BTW I'm pretty sure the health check section is date and time stamped so it will have to be updated withing 24 hours of embarkation. I'm curious to see what happens when that 24 hour period starts. Like most of us, I suspect, I've gone through the Health section and ticked the boxes just to familiarise myself with it. Will it untick those boxes? Change our embarkation status? If it doesn't do either of those it will be worse than the old paper health declaration.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Could you take a screen shot on your PC and email it to your phone and save it as a photo? Which is what I did and it works fine.Ā 

We don't have email on the phone currently. Our daughter came up with another way to get the vax certs onto the Medallion app on the phone. I will talk to her again about it. We have a few weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

I see you are in Florida. You may not be able to get the Medallions posted to your home if you are on this cruise. Aussies have to pick up ours at the cruise terminal. It might be that you have to also when you are on an Aust-based cruise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Same here, and I'm not messing with it until we do the RAT and attest to it. I will have photos of our vac certs on my phone so could upload them then otherwise we'll also have paper copies.Ā 

Ā 

BTW I'm pretty sure the health check section is date and time stamped so it will have to be updated withing 24 hours of embarkation. I'm curious to see what happens when that 24 hour period starts. Like most of us, I suspect, I've gone through the Health section and ticked the boxes just to familiarise myself with it. Will it untick those boxes? Change our embarkation status? If it doesn't do either of those it will be worse than the old paper health declaration.

It said details available 48 hrs ahead when it first appeared on the app. Which is when we thought they changed the 24 hr attest to ā€œup to 48 hrā€. So Iā€™ll be checking that out 14th June! And will keep here updated for anyone travelling after us.

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It said details available 48 hrs ahead when it first appeared on the app. Which is when we thought they changed the 24 hr attest to ā€œup to 48 hrā€. So Iā€™ll be checking that out 14th June! And will keep here updated for anyone travelling after us.

Yes, 24 or 48 hours prior something needs to change or some people will ignore that requirement if they've prefilled that section.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Ā 

Sounds just like ours, but Ive gone back to blue but it still wont show me what I have ordered

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, 24 or 48 hours prior something needs to change or some people will ignore that requirement if they've prefilled that section.Ā 

our PVP just phoned and confirmed the ONLY proof required is the double vax certificate and the attesting is based on guest honesty the same way we attest when flying for various things. He actually thought it would be attesting to the person at check in who will give us our medallions, which is also how it will happen (as in we wont get before). The RAT test is to be done on the 24 hours prior as originally stated (there was some confusions when the app said 48 hrs etc) But its def 24 for Australia. So it might not even be needed in the app??? He thought maybe at the 48 hour mark it would be just a green go if we had done everything correct.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

He thought maybe at the 48 hour mark it would be just a green go if we had done everything correct.

Sounds good to me, just counting down the days now and waiting for Green Lanes (after completing health document bit within the 48hr time bubble of course) šŸ‘

• Like 1