Princess Medallion

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Iย  kept all my cruise cards too.ย 

I have all but one. At the time, I didn't know that Cunard used to take your cards when you disembarked. At the time, the smart people "lost" their card, and then picked up a replacement card. I believe they let you keep them now.

ย 

We have the Royal equivalent of medallions, but as we also had the cards, I hadn't considered putting them on the fridge. This also reminds me we has wristband holders for them, so I might have to check them for medallion compatibility.

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I believe they let you keep them now

ย 

I would think that any cards that have your information printed on them, they'd let you keep as they can't exactly reuse them anyway. From memory, the very first cruise we went on in 2002, the cards were blank, but pretty much any cruise we went on after that (next big ship cruise was 2015) had our names etc printed on them.

ย 

We have all of them kept in our holiday keepsake boxes (I like to keep all the documentation etc stored) for the relevant trip. Things like theme park passes, personalised hotel room keys etc as well. It's sometimes nice to go back through and have a laugh at old prices or what we did on a particular trip

• Like 1

Well I just checked my phone and we are both on the same email and still both showing as Platinum. It's all on my phone as mine is the latest A32 Samsung, and the wife's is a rock and a sharp stick using Android 6. Hers is strictly a phone and SMS machine, with a photo now and then.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:02 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I opened the Medallion today and found that I have been demoted and am now 'blue' - a first-time cruiser. I tried to get it fixed today, but was told it was a 'glitch'.

Hi the app must be playing up, my cruise in 4 weeks changed me from green back to blue, luckily I still kept my arrival group of A

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CruisingJulie said:

Hi the app must be playing up, my cruise in 4 weeks changed me from green back to blue, luckily I still kept my arrival group of A

When you refer to green and blue, maybe you are referring to the 'lane' for check-in. I was referring to status on the Captain's Circle. These are blue, gold, ruby, platinum and black (elite).

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When you refer to green and blue, maybe you are referring to the 'lane' for check-in. I was referring to status on the Captain's Circle. These are blue, gold, ruby, platinum and black (elite).

It sounds like there are all sorts of weird things happening with the app. Hopefully it will right itself but it wouldn't hurt to check through the OceanReady profile section.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It sounds like there are all sorts of weird things happening with the app. Hopefully it will right itself but it wouldn't hurt to check through the OceanReady profile section.

I had a live chat with a Princess rep. She understood the problem re the loyalty level that has appeared and simply said it was a 'glitch'. She suggested that it could right itself but had no other suggestions.

ย 

I will have a look at the OceanReady profile.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I had a live chat with a Princess rep. She understood the problem re the loyalty level that has appeared and simply said it was a 'glitch'. She suggested that it could right itself but had no other suggestions.

ย 

I will have a look at the OceanReady profile.

I could imagine the queue at the service desk should a shipload of Elite Princessees get issued with a blue medallion.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

I could imagine the queue at the service desk should a shipload of Elite Princessees get issued with a blue medallion.

The error in loyalty status might seem to be unimportant, but there are several benefits attached to the top loyalty level. These include priority boarding, disembarkation and in tenders, free mini-bar set-up, free laundry, 50% discount on internet, invitation to a cocktail party, canapes on formal night, afternoon tea in your cabin, 10% discount at the shops on board and on shore excursions, coffee/pastries in disembarkation lounge. I am usually invited to the most-travelled passenger luncheon (great by the way), but if I am a first-time cruiser, that would not happen.

ย 

If my medallion shows the crew that I am a first-time cruiser, I don't want to have an argument every time I want to utilise one of these benefits. I hate arguments and that would impact on my enjoyment of cruise.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The error in loyalty status might seem to be unimportant, but there are several benefits attached to the top loyalty level. These include priority boarding, disembarkation and in tenders, free mini-bar set-up, free laundry, 50% discount on internet, invitation to a cocktail party, canapes on formal night, afternoon tea in your cabin, 10% discount at the shops on board and on shore excursions, coffee/pastries in disembarkation lounge. I am usually invited to the most-travelled passenger luncheon (great by the way), but if I am a first-time cruiser, that would not happen.

ย 

If my medallion shows the crew that I am a first-time cruiser, I don't want to have an argument every time I want to utilise one of these benefits. I hate arguments and that would impact on my enjoyment of cruise.

Iโ€™m looking forward to enjoying these benefits after my B2B cruises in June (the main reason for doing them). Now I just have to keep clear of any germs so they donโ€™t bump me off the ship cos then I wonโ€™t get enough credits!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

ย 

Yes, that was my concern too.ย 

• Like 1

Don't care too much about getting afternoon tea in your cabin etc. but I like the free alcohol.ย  I shallย  really miss the higher status with Princess and RCCL of rocking up whenever and missing the big queue to embark the ship.ย  Can't see that coming back for a while as they give everyone a boarding time.ย  ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Don't care too much about getting afternoon tea in your cabin etc. but I like the free alcohol.ย  I shallย  really miss the higher status with Princess and RCCL of rocking up whenever and missing the big queue to embark the ship.ย  Can't see that coming back for a while as they give everyone a boarding time.ย  ย 

I thought we had always selected boarding time, but it didnโ€™t seem to be stringently followed.

23 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I thought we had always selected boarding time, but it didnโ€™t seem to be stringently followed.

Don't remember doing that but anything to do with jumping the queue wins me over - queues for tenders, elite queue at customer service.ย  Didn't care at the end of the cruise to walk off early as we walk off with our bags before 7.ย  DH loved the laundry being done.ย  Will miss free internet.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Yes, we get a boarding time, but priority might operate within that boarding group. Although, I hope with the medallion and the 'green lane' there might not need to be priority.

ย 

I think I would like to try afternoon tea on the balcony. Could be good once anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Don't remember doing that but anything to do with jumping the queue wins me over - queues for tenders, elite queue at customer service.ย  Didn't care at the end of the cruise to walk off early as we walk off with our bags before 7.ย  DH loved the laundry being done.ย  Will miss free internet.

we don't walk off early at disembarkation. We like to have a leisurely breakfast and leave fairly late unless there is a reason to do otherwise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Iโ€™m yet to discover the delights of elite lol

19 minutes ago, Rassa said:

The internet is def a biggie for me!! Platinum 75 mins each was more than enough for us. Hmm wonder if they will let us swap the mini bar cos we donโ€™t drink alcohol so intend changing it to โ€œsomething โ€œ

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

The internet is def a biggie for me!! Platinum 75 mins each was more than enough for us. Hmm wonder if they will let us swap the mini bar cos we donโ€™t drink alcohol so intend changing it to โ€œsomething โ€œ

You can swap the mini bar for coffee cards. I think you have to contact room service to do this.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

ย 

I might be a bit flippant with my wording, but seriously, it couldn't happen on Princess as the check-in staff and the service desk wouldn't know what hit them.

ย 

The error isn't in the loyalty status, but in the way it is displaying the colour for the medallion in the app. If all your status stuff is still there on My Princess, it is embedded with your info on the medallion.

ย 

For the initial medallion cruises, everyone was issued with a blue medallion, but early feedback from the black-carders was that they looked like first-timers, so Princess matched the medallions to Captains Circle.ย In the past I was issued with a blue replacement card when they ran out of black ones. The only thing that changed was the colour of the card.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

I might be a bit flippant with my wording, but seriously, it couldn't happen on Princess as the check-in staff and the service desk wouldn't know what hit them.

ย 

The error isn't in the loyalty status, but in the way it is displaying the colour for the medallion in the app. If all your status stuff is still there on My Princess, it is embedded with your info on the medallion.

ย 

For the initial medallion cruises, everyone was issued with a blue medallion, but early feedback from the black-carders was that they looked like first-timers, so Princess matched the medallions to Captains Circle.ย In the past I was issued with a blue replacement card when they ran out of black ones. The only thing that changed was the colour of the card.ย 

It isn't only the colour for the medallion that is displayed in the app, it also shows 'B' or 'E'. However, I think it is likely that it will all work OK. Maybe I am following my old trick that if I assume there will be a problem that requires a battle to fix, then everything will go smoothly.๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

It isn't only the colour for the medallion that is displayed in the app, it also shows 'B' or 'E'. However, I think it is likely that it will all work OK. Maybe I am following my old trick that if I assume there will be a problem that requires a battle to fix, then everything will go smoothly.๐Ÿ˜

I was gonna ask about the prepare for battle plan.ย 

ย 

I want everything to go smoothly too, and at times I over-plan the details. I have figured that medallion is a beast that can't be controlled, and I am just happy to get a row of green ticks to get me boarded smoothly.ย 

• Haha 1

Just now, arxcards said:

I was gonna ask about the prepare for battle plan.ย 

ย 

I want everything to go smoothly too, and at times I over-plan the details. I have figured that medallion is a beast that can't be controlled, and I am just happy to get a row of green ticks to get me boarded smoothly.ย 

I might work out a battle plan ....๐Ÿ˜ Maybe those of us who have the wrong status on our medallion can storm the barricades together.๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I might work out a battle plan ....๐Ÿ˜ Maybe those of us who have the wrong status on our medallion can storm the barricades together.๐Ÿ˜‰

Where on

the medallion app can you see what status we have been given??

• Like 1