Princess Medallion

Meh! I'm sick of the bloody app! I am going to try not to fiddle with it any more until the day before we embark! 😁 

Luckily that will be a Saturday as Princess seem to do their system upgrades on Sundays. Oops, we embark on a Sunday, that could be fun!  🤔🙄😯

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Mine is back to green again. I haven't checked the Health Status but trying to get in to see if I can choose a disembarkation time hangs the app.

No disembarkation time available when I checked an hour ago. But maybe the fact that you can't get into that section might mean that it is being updated and will be available soon. 🙂 I'm an optimist.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

No disembarkation time available when I checked an hour ago. But maybe the fact that you can't get into that section might mean that it is being updated and will be available soon. 🙂 I'm an optimist.

Yes, it better be as it hangs when trying to bring up the Arrival/Departure times section which doesn't bode well for anyone who hasn't selected an arrival time.

• Haha 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it better be as it hangs when trying to bring up the Arrival/Departure times section which doesn't bode well for anyone who hasn't selected an arrival time.

Maybe when it is working again, they can then select their arrival time. Optimist again. 😁

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Meh! I'm sick of the bloody app! I am going to try not to fiddle with it any more until the day before we embark! 😁 

Luckily that will be a Saturday as Princess seem to do their system upgrades on Sundays. Oops, we embark on a Sunday, that could be fun!  🤔🙄😯

Totally with you on this one. We have expressed our displeasure with this monstrosity over the past year multiple times. Throw in the ability or lack of the actual Medallion with it still requiring the crew to continually ask for your cabin # when placing any type of order whether it be food or drink and it might be time to go back to the old technology of the sea pass card. I know some like the ability to create a creature that shows up on a display board when you are near it. There are also folks that like the tracking ability to see where party members are on the ship. However for all the frustration this innovation has created it seems like it might be more useless than it is helpful. About the only positive we have found from it is the ability to unlock your cabin door when you get in close proximity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ill be able to let you know on 14th June then eh????

You guys just sort it out and get them to work out the kinks before my January cruise ok? 🙂 🙂 

I am technology savvy and love new tech, and have really high hopes for this, but the sheer number of complaints and issues is concerning.

5 hours ago, Expo67 said:

Throw in the ability or lack of the actual Medallion with it still requiring the crew to continually ask for your cabin # when placing any type of order whether it be food or drink and it might be time to go back to the old technology of the sea pass card.

We were told on Ruby that the reason the staff have to ask for your cabin# is for double checking of the actual owner of the medallion 🤔

By the way, everything about the medallion app before Covid was surprisingly simple and went like clockwork.

I feel for the Princess programmers that have to make a single application work to suit who knows how many different countries health mandates just so we can get on a ship. Can you imagine what we might have had to do if there WASN’T an application sorting all this information out? as I think all this info forms part of the required Covid reporting to States / Counties etc etc. 🤔

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I feel for the Princess programmers that have to make a single application work to suit who knows how many different countries health mandates just so we can get on a ship. Can you imagine what we might have had to do if there WASN’T an application sorting all this information out? as I think all this info forms part of the required Covid reporting to States / Counties etc etc. 🤔

And the app has to work on multiple different versions of different operating systems for all the various devices it gets used on. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Porky55 said:

We were told on Ruby that the reason the staff have to ask for your cabin# is for double checking of the actual owner of the medallion 🤔

By the way, everything about the medallion app before Covid was surprisingly simple and went like clockwork.

I am smiling on the double verification process for the actual medallion. With the sea pass cards that was rarely an issue. I agree that the app may be beneficial for coordinating paperwork although when doing our Regal Princess cruise in March they still were requiring visual proof of the vax cents, negative test results and passports. 🤔 Let’s hope that perhaps maybe soon they will have all th3 kinks worked out. 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Expo67 said:

I am smiling on the double verification process for the actual medallion. With the sea pass cards that was rarely an issue. I agree that the app may be beneficial for coordinating paperwork although when doing our Regal Princess cruise in March they still were requiring visual proof of the vax cents, negative test results and passports. 🤔 Let’s hope that perhaps maybe soon they will have all th3 kinks worked out. 🤞

I hope, as each month passes and Covid cases lessen, that a lot of these requirements will go.  🤞

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Expo67 said:

I can see why the cruiseline would need to view the passenger's passport with its photograph, to ensure that the person was who they claimed to be. I can't see the benefit of checking the vax cert or the negative test results if these have been up-loaded. I realise that in the US, you had to have a verified negative test result, not attest to a negative at-home test as we do in Aust.

• Like 1

Just saw a thread about this on the Princess forum here on CC: 

if you are having trouble navigating the Medallion App - this link can be used on a laptop:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/
It will need to be pasted into the www box like below. 

Good luck, haven’t tried it myself as I have been able to negotiate the app so far. Just sharing to help. 
Cheers

24EBEC69-84A3-40A7-BFC1-0DBF69F5E369.jpeg

Edited by Porky55

18 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Just saw a thread about this on the Princess forum here on CC: 

if you are having trouble navigating the Medallion App - this link can be used on a laptop:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/
It will need to be pasted into the www box like below. 

Good luck, haven’t tried it myself as I have been able to negotiate the app so far. Just sharing to help. 
Cheers

24EBEC69-84A3-40A7-BFC1-0DBF69F5E369.jpeg

I have been using this web version of the Medallion app for several weeks (as well as the phone version) but the web version does not have all of the options on it. For instance there is no-where to up-load documents and it does not allow you to choose embarkation and disembarkation times. When I was speaking to a rep at Princess today about something else, she mentioned that they might try to intall the other options on the web version of the Medallion, but she had no idea when.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have been using this web version of the Medallion app for several weeks (as well as the phone version) but the web version does not have all of the options on it. For instance there is no-where to up-load documents and it does not allow you to choose embarkation and disembarkation times. When I was speaking to a rep at Princess today about something else, she mentioned that they might try to intall the other options on the web version of the Medallion, but she had no idea when.

Interesting, if you have a look at the thread I mention from the Princess forum, the poster said they could upload documents🤔

The old “US and them” at work again - works for US residents but nowhere else?

Princess Thread Title:

How to Complete Pre-boarding Documentation online without using the Medallion App

Edited by Porky55

Just now, Porky55 said:

Interesting, if you have a look at the thread I mention from the Princess forum, the poster said they could upload documents🤔

The old “US and them” at work again - works for US residents but nowhere else?

Previously, when I opened the web version, I couldn't open the Health Status page where there are questions to answer and the vax certificate has to be up-loaded. I just tried now, and it opens.🙂 It appears to be the same as the version on my phone where previously there were several bits and pieces missing from the web version.

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Previously, when I opened the web version, I couldn't open the Health Status page where there are questions to answer and the vax certificate has to be up-loaded. I just tried now, and it opens.🙂 It appears to be the same as the version on my phone where previously there were several bits and pieces missing from the web version.

So, for those having problems with the app on their phones or tablets - this version for desktops / laptops actually works?

• Like 1

One would think with all these Medallion issues, Princess would have diced it and shot it into the briny. Personally I cannot see any benefit in it. 

After 20 Princess cruises I have abandoned them, due to the infernal stupid medallion, plus they have dumped traditional dining, plus they have dropped some of the Loyalty benefits us Elites paid for over the years.

i feel better now.

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

So, for those having problems with the app on their phones or tablets - this version for desktops / laptops actually works?

It should work. I will let you know if I can upload our vacc certificates. We are photographing on a camera (yes we use one of those!), then down-loading onto the computer.

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

One would think with all these Medallion issues, Princess would have diced it and shot it into the briny. Personally I cannot see any benefit in it. 

After 20 Princess cruises I have abandoned them, due to the infernal stupid medallion, plus they have dumped traditional dining, plus they have dropped some of the Loyalty benefits us Elites paid for over the years.

i feel better now.

It's the Medallion app that is causing the problems not the Medallion itself. If that works well it will be worth it.

But I understand what you mean about dropping traditional dining, although that had its minuses at times. We had a couple of cruises where we ended up dining alone on a big table.