Princess Medallion

41 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

That is the trouble with information given on medallion  it then books it in for every future cruise.  I wanted to use a specific credit card for my UK cruise as it is in USA dollars but never use this card for Australian cruises and I find they have changed the info on my upcoming 2 Australian cruises to use the one I had entered for the UK cruise which means checking and double checking when we get on board to ensure they have the correct credit card  ALSO  there is no where that we can tick for them to ensure the credit card does the exchange rate (as it is always better)

It's not really a problem unless you are doing cruises B2B and need to change your details before the second leg.

Otherwise you do a cruise, you come home, update anything on the app that needs to change for the next cruise, rinse and repeat. Not really much different to doing it the old was in the Personalizer.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

ALSO  there is no where that we can tick for them to ensure the credit card does the exchange rate (as it is always better)

Good point, especially with 28degrees.

Till now, every time that has been an option they have been taking a card swipe in the terminal, and we have been asked or insisted that our folio be charged in the currency of the cruise and not converted. If they no longer do that, it could be expensive. I guess the service desk would be the first point of contact if this is not an option at check-in.

An email from Princess this morning explains how the Medallion app will work re COVID and the requirements prior to boarding. As we thought, it appears that the 'changes' were an importation of data from the US site.🙂 Back to how we were - RAT within 24 hours, attest to neg result and obviously, pick up the medallion at the terminal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I wanted to follow up on my application for the shareholder's OBC so I decided to try an early morning live chat. The line became available a minute or two after 9am and I got straight onto someone who was very helpful. I suggest trying at this time if anyone else wants questions answered via a live chat.

• Like 2

I am going mad here  having seen the page many times when it was too early to book I cannot now find the page to choose  embarcation  time  please tell me how again  either on phone or computer  thank you   only 58 days to go so I know I should be able to book

• Like 1

The embarkation and disembarkation times were easier to find on the previous version of the Medallion app. I found it a few minutes ago and will look again and let you know.

P.S. I went into 'Personal information and documents'. At the bottom of the page there is a black bar with 'Suggested' in it. Scroll down a bit and you will see 'Arrival & Departure Groups'. The departure group isn't available for our 26th June cruise yet.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Thank you so much Evon  It would not let me in for the first 8 or 9 tries but eventually did and I managed to book embarkation  Thanks for your invaluable assistance.

I feel that the embarkation time is more important than disembarkation. In late April, 60 days before our cruise, embarkation times opened up. We were able to book group 1, 11am-11.30am. If I can't book disembarkation using the app, I will go to the Reception desk after we board to organise a time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I feel that the embarkation time is more important than disembarkation. In late April, 60 days before our cruise, embarkation times opened up. We were able to book group 1, 11am-11.30am. If I can't book disembarkation using the app, I will go to the Reception desk after we board to organise a time.

I need to chat to my son who will be collecting us from the cruise and as he has a 5 year old birthday BBQ party for his daughter the next day I do not know whether he wants us early or ,late to (help??)

Edited by windsor26
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I need to chat to my son who will be collecting us from the cruise and as he has a 5 year old birthday BBQ party for his daughter the next day I do not know whether he wants us early or ,late to (help??)

You will have priority disembark with Captains Circle, so it just a matter of telling the service desk once aboard what disembark group you want.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You will have priority disembark with Captains Circle, so it just a matter of telling the service desk once aboard what disembark group you want.

That's what I intend to do if the choice of a disembarkation group doesn't appear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Yes  but as son may be busy collecting things he may prefer to meet us as late as possible 

That's the joy of priority. You can prioritise to be in the last disembark group if you wish. Even if you are given an earlier slot, you can still go off later, just that your luggage will be off much earlier than you.

• Like 3

How things have changed. I clearly remember the deflating feeling that occurred when we found the letter in the cabin "your holiday is coming to an end". The dreaded pick your disembarkation time. Now with the app people want to book it before the cruise even starts. 

We once had the letter in the cabin on embarkation day! Cruise hadn't even started and we had to think about leaving.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

How things have changed. I clearly remember the deflating feeling that occurred when we found the letter in the cabin "your holiday is coming to an end". The dreaded pick your disembarkation time. Now with the app people want to book it before the cruise even starts. 

We once had the letter in the cabin on embarkation day! Cruise hadn't even started and we had to think about leaving.

Yes - I want to book my embarkation time now that it can be done before the cruise. It doesn't mean I want the holiday to end. I always disliked getting that letter also. I want to book the latest possible time to extend my holiday. We like to have a relaxed breakfast in the dining room before disembarkation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes - I want to book my embarkation time now that it can be done before the cruise. It doesn't mean I want the holiday to end. I always disliked getting that letter also. I want to book the latest possible time to extend my holiday. We like to have a relaxed breakfast in the dining room before disembarkation.

For us it depends if we had to fly in to cruise, and not too many go from Melbourne. 
hence we prefer to be off early to make sure no delays catching flights.

35 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

No doubt they will still disappoint and give you a letter anyway, along with your tags. We never really had the choice of pre-nominating a time, unless you informed them of having AM flights. The disembark usually started with self disembark, AM flights, circle & suite priority, then top deck down to bottom. It is nice now that they allow people on deck 14 nominate a later disembark, and those on deck 5 to get an earlier one if they wish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes - I want to book my disembarkation time now that it can be done before the cruise. It doesn't mean I want the holiday to end. I always disliked getting that letter also. I want to book the latest possible time to extend my holiday. We like to have a relaxed breakfast in the dining room before disembarkation.

Fixed it for you.😁

And we're the same. A relaxed breakfast then disembarkation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Fixed it for you.😁

And we're the same. A relaxed breakfast then disembarkation.

Right. Thanks. Typo.

if we had to catch a flight to get home, we would probably have an earlier disembarkation, but, we just have a 45 minute drive to get home.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

No doubt they will still disappoint and give you a letter anyway, along with your tags. We never really had the choice of pre-nominating a time, unless you informed them of having AM flights. The disembark usually started with self disembark, AM flights, circle & suite priority, then top deck down to bottom. It is nice now that they allow people on deck 14 nominate a later disembark, and those on deck 5 to get an earlier one if they wish.

Princess have been allowing selection of disembarkation times for several years.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Right. Thanks. Typo.

if we had to catch a flight to get home, we would probably have an earlier disembarkation, but, we just have a 45 minute drive to get home.

That’s what we love about cruising from Melbourne 🥰 just not enough itineraries so we have to fly Sydney or Brisbane 🥳

Just now, CDaze71 said:

We are a 15 minute taxi ride home, so I want the be last off. 

Well truth be told, we need first off literally as we will be picked up asap and whisked to New Life Church in Redlands Bay by 9.30 start for my DH to preach for them before we fly back to Melbourne in the avo! A unique end to our holiday lol

54 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess have been allowing selection of disembarkation times for several years.

By manually going to the service desk - yes. Otherwise you went by their default sequence. As with most, I never bothered unless we had to get off for a flight.