Frozen Drinks

I will be going on the Symphony of the Seas in October.  I REALLY enjoy my frozen drinks (last two cruises have been on Carnival lol ) and I have been searching to find what the current situation for frozen drinks is on Royal Caribbean.  I haven't found any really current information on what kind of frozen drinks you can get, as well as if all of the bars have blenders or only specific ones.  Any help would be appreciated. 

30 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Lava flow! 😋

I'm a fan of the Miami Vice which is very similar (I think) to the Lava Flow. I'll have to compare the two in a few weeks!

• Like 2

So here's something I learned on my last cruise... Get the RC app, you can use it onboard on your phone free, navigate through the app to the details on the different bars. You can look up different drinks at the bars, there will be a list of the drinks at each bar, and details about the drinks. Makes it easier to go bar hop and try different drinks that may pique your tastebuds!

Open the app, tap the Dining icon (lower right corner), tap Bars & Lounges near the top left, tap on a bar, tap Menu. 

For Example, I chose Bolero's and they have The Hemmingway Daquiri, White rum, maraschino liquer, fresh lime juice and fresh grapefruit juice.

My next cruise I will have a list of all the drinks I want to try and the bars where I can get them. 🤣

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fionna said:

So here's something I learned on my last cruise... Get the RC app, you can use it onboard on your phone free, navigate through the app to the details on the different bars. You can look up different drinks at the bars, there will be a list of the drinks at each bar, and details about the drinks. Makes it easier to go bar hop and try different drinks that may pique your tastebuds!

Open the app, tap the Dining icon (lower right corner), tap Bars & Lounges near the top left, tap on a bar, tap Menu. 

For Example, I chose Bolero's and they have The Hemmingway Daquiri, White rum, maraschino liquer, fresh lime juice and fresh grapefruit juice.

My next cruise I will have a list of all the drinks I want to try and the bars where I can get them. 🤣

I was going to suggest the same--but most of the menus don't actually call out the frozen drinks.  But to the OP--as others have said, most bars will have blenders and you can get pretty much anything you want.  Mudslides, daiquiris, pina coladas, blue Hawaiians, etc.  

• Like 1

Mud slides!!! Pretty sure they have blenders at every bar. My husband and I had fun on our last cruise asking the bartenders to make "something frozen of your choice" while at the pool deck. It was so fun to try all sorts of different things. There's plenty to choose from, and they can make almost any drink a frozen one!

• Like 2

Someone who was on Harmony recently said the suite deck bartender suggested that she bring him fresh fruit (like a banana) from WJ and he'll toss that into the blender.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Someone who was on Harmony recently said the suite deck bartender suggested that she bring him fresh fruit (like a banana) from WJ and he'll toss that into the blender.

OOoohh....Banana Daquiri?  😋

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

OOoohh....Banana Daquiri?  😋

My wife doesn't really drink so the prospect of turning any frozen drink into even more of a smoothy with a tiny bit of alcohol (or not) got her excited. Would be good for virgin drinks for kids too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

My wife doesn't really drink so the prospect of turning any frozen drink into even more of a smoothy with a tiny bit of alcohol (or not) got her excited. Would be good for virgin drinks for kids too.

OK...so when I see you walk up to the bartender in the SL with bananas in your hand...I will know who you are!  😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I'm a fan of the Miami Vice which is very similar (I think) to the Lava Flow. I'll have to compare the two in a few weeks!

Miami Vice is at the top of my list.  Last January I saw the Lava Flow and tried it.  I liked it but but went back to Miami Vice as favorite.  Worth trying though.  Not sure how much I want to drink frozen drinks next week on an Alaska cruise 🥶 but will see.  After seeing some listed here I may try peach 🍑 or mix strawberry 🍓 and mango 🥭.

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...so when I see you walk up to the bartender in the SL with bananas in your hand...I will know who you are!  😉 

I will not be bringing fruit to a bartender! But if you see a short woman with 12 & 8 year-old girls carrying bananas, that will be my wife and nieces. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

I will not be bringing fruit to a bartender! But if you see a short woman with 12 & 8 year-old girls carrying bananas, that will be my wife and nieces. 😁

Ah yes....Mike's entourage!   😄 

6 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I think all bars have blenders - or at least most of them. You can get pina coladas & daiquiris (peach, strawberry, mango and maybe others). And probably more besides!

BBC, mmmmm!

• Like 1