Coral Princess movements

It appears Coral Princess will be spending a lot of time in Australia & New Zealand, so it is only fair that she gets her own thread as she prepares for her transit to Brisbane.

It is the first time Coral Princess has been sighted in front of a camera for a while. She is currently berthed at terminal 19 in Fort Lauderdale. She will remain here till tomorrow morning (our time), then back to sea for a bit before returning to the same berth for another short stay.

2136291338_Webcapture_6-5-2022_10332.thumb.jpeg.472f7bba7946483690f38483ba1799d9.jpeg

It is expected she will start he journey to Oz next week, likely Wednesday (guesstimate), via the Panama Canal. After a service stop in Papaeete, it is onward to Brisbane for the morning of 7th June. She will spend much of her time at the new international terminal until her 1st passengers depart on 16th June, except for a couple of days at sea between 11th & 13th June.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

It appears Coral Princess will be spending a lot of time in Australia & New Zealand, so it is only fair that she gets her own thread as she prepares for her transit to Brisbane.

It is the first time Coral Princess has been sighted in front of a camera for a while. She is currently berthed at terminal 19 in Fort Lauderdale. She will remain here till tomorrow morning (our time), then back to sea for a bit before returning to the same berth for another short stay.

2136291338_Webcapture_6-5-2022_10332.thumb.jpeg.472f7bba7946483690f38483ba1799d9.jpeg

It is expected she will start he journey to Oz next week, likely Wednesday (guesstimate), via the Panama Canal. After a service stop in Papaeete, it is onward to Brisbane for the morning of 7th June. She will spend much of her time at the new international terminal until her 1st passengers depart on 16th June, except for a couple of days at sea between 11th & 13th June.

Thanks. Looking forward to following her until we embark on 16th June 

• Like 1

We've just booked another cruise on her, in September. So that's five Coral cruises over the next couple of years. I really hope I like this ship! 🤔😯 Nah, no worries, I'm 99% certain I will. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've just booked another cruise on her, in September. So that's five Coral cruises over the next couple of years. I really hope I like this ship! 🤔😯 Nah, no worries, I'm 99% certain I will. 🤣

6 on her for us between June 22 and Feb 24. I'm sure we will love it. Wonder if Princess will do any special welcome back on 16th June cruise being first one out?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

6 on her for us between June 22 and Feb 24. I'm sure we will love it. Wonder if Princess will do any special welcome back on 16th June cruise being first one out?

I am sure there will be an extra special welcome for everyone on the first cruise and also a welcome for people on the next few cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am sure there will be an extra special welcome for everyone on the first cruise and also a welcome for people on the next few cruises.

Totally extra friendly, but don't expect hugging will be part of the deal.

• Haha 1

In the dark it could be any ship. I missed the transit from the other dock, as things got a bit busy. Managed an earlier capture, but she was hidden behind Celebrity Infinity.

183652833_Webcapture_6-5-2022_101940.thumb.jpeg.4d67d17982b73772a1fa479bd49ec330.jpeg

Edited by arxcards
To Infinity & Beyond
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Thanks. I am really looking forward to jumping on a Princess again.

It’ll be my first time sailing with Princess - very excited to try them out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nz1 said:

It’ll be my first time sailing with Princess - very excited to try them out!

Princess is similar to Celebrity, some things are better, some aren't as good. Personally I think the public areas - bars, lounges, dining areas - are nicer than Celebrity. Celebrity cabins are slightly nicer, especially the bathrooms, but Princess has better storage. The big advantage of Princess over the other lines you have cruised on is that onboard costs are in AUD not USD so not so much exchange rate shock to the NZD. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess is similar to Celebrity, some things are better, some aren't as good. Personally I think the public areas - bars, lounges, dining areas - are nicer than Celebrity. Celebrity cabins are slightly nicer, especially the bathrooms, but Princess has better storage. The big advantage of Princess over the other lines you have cruised on is that onboard costs are in AUD not USD so not so much exchange rate shock to the NZD. 

That’s really good to know! It will be interesting to compare them. Hoping not to have too much of a bill thanks to Princess Plus 🍾😅 From your experience, has Princess offered any lectures on sea days? That’s one part about Celebrity that I really enjoy.

30 minutes ago, nz1 said:

From your experience, has Princess offered any lectures on sea days?

Princess will usually have lectures on upcoming ports, but I can't recall any generalised lectures.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nz1 said:

That’s really good to know! It will be interesting to compare them. Hoping not to have too much of a bill thanks to Princess Plus 🍾😅 From your experience, has Princess offered any lectures on sea days? That’s one part about Celebrity that I really enjoy.

I don't think so but I tend not to go to lectures very often.

• Like 1

I think the ports lectures will still happen, except of course for the cruises to nowhere. The aim of those is to sell shore tours, so they are interesting for a new itinerary if done well. I found the ones in Alaska a bit over the top, as they were largely guides about where to shop with a lot of emphasis on their aligned retailers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I like them both, for slightly different reasons. The Celebrity cabins are certainly more contemporary, but for suites, give me Princess any day. For food, there are things generally I like more on Princess, but I really like Murano on Celebrity. Celebrity is $US, but I think there is less risk of bill shock now, as they are pitching as all inclusive similar to Princess plus fares

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I like them both, for slightly different reasons. The Celebrity cabins are certainly more contemporary, but for suites, give me Princess any day. For food, there are things generally I like more on Princess, but I really like Murano on Celebrity. Celebrity is $US, but I think there is less risk of bill shock now, as they are pitching as all inclusive similar to Princess plus fares

I loved Murano! Also really enjoyed all of the food in Blu on Celebrity.

We’ve booked a suite for our Princess B2B and from the research I’ve done, the room and balcony sizes seem very generous on the Coral Princess compared with Celebrity’s Sky Suites (and a much better price!)

We’re booked on the Celebrity Eclipse a few months after our Princess B2B so will definitely be comparing the lines in detail 🤓

50 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I'll let you know what I think of Princess suites in a couple of months, but I don't know what the Celebrity ones are like, theyvwere waybout of our price range.

Yes, I agree about Princess food but we found the speciality restaurants on Solstice were a bit hit and miss, brilliant some times and just OK at other times, plus they are much more expensive than Princess. Princess speciality restaurants don't quite make the fine dining cut, and the servings are way too big, but they are more consistent in quality. 

On Celebrity you get the bill shock when you book these days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nz1 said:

We’ve booked a suite for our Princess B2B and from the research I’ve done, the room and balcony sizes seem very generous on the Coral Princess compared with Celebrity’s Sky Suites (and a much better price!)

We’re booked on the Celebrity Eclipse a few months after our Princess B2B so will definitely be comparing the lines in detail 🤓

Yes, a Solstice aft Sky suite felt more like a mini to us. 

When it comes to value for money on suites though, I think Royal jump them both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nz1 said:

The suites on Coral are wonderful.  Much better than on the new Royal class ships.  I’m sure you’ll really enjoy it.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll let you know what I think of Princess suites in a couple of months, but I don't know what the Celebrity ones are like, theyvwere waybout of our price range.

Yes, I agree about Princess food but we found the speciality restaurants on Solstice were a bit hit and miss, brilliant some times and just OK at other times, plus they are much more expensive than Princess. Princess speciality restaurants don't quite make the fine dining cut, and the servings are way too big, but they are more consistent in quality. 

On Celebrity you get the bill shock when you book these days. 

I think you are right about the bill. We booked Edge when it was first announced here. Seemed a bit exxy, but is cheap compared to today's prices.

True, we have thought Murano great on a couple of cruises, but the other one we tried was disappointing. Princess does know how to do a steak though. Interesting what Coral will be like, but Crown Grill is #1 for me.

• Like 1