Coral Princess movements

6 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Looks like Coral might be bunkering at Taboguilla Island.

Not sure why though. Surely stocked up enough to get to Papeete, and you should never buy fuel on the weekend 😁

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, bazzaw said:

We have done both the Panama and Suez canals - although the History of the building of the Panama is  very interesting as is the transit through the first set of locks of the Panama, we both thought that the Suez Canal was MUCH more enjoyable/interesting to transit and would love to do it again. Don't often get to see an Egyptian Army formation parading - tanks and all. I was absolutely exhausted at the end of the day of our Suez transit - so much time on our feet going from side to side to see everything.  

Horses for courses.

We have both three times and prefer the Panama Canal.

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It is a mighty ocean which Coral Princess is still cruising leisurely across at 15 to 16kn. Still a week till Papeete..

I would love to be onboard. Almost two weeks of straight Sea Days would suit this little C Daze right down to the ground. Ahhhhhhh bliss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

I would love to be onboard. Almost two weeks of straight Sea Days would suit this little C Daze right down to the ground. Ahhhhhhh bliss.

Ditto! We really enjoyed the sets of four or five sea days in a row on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. We got into a lovely sea day routine during that cruise.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ditto! We really enjoyed the sets of four or five sea days in a row on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. We got into a lovely sea day routine during that cruise.

We also enjoy our sea days

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Me too. Hubby thought he wouldn't like that many sea days, but once onboard, he enjoyed it. We did the 18 night Hawaii to Sydney via Tahiti Repo Cruise on Carnival Legend in 2018, after Disneyland. Best family trip ever. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Presuming the arrival time for Coral Princess is Tahiti time, Coral Princess is due to dock in Papeete at 1pm eastern.

papeete.thumb.png.5486974ad6aaf5df2368ff9b14f80463.png

I haven’t been following, does it have passengers onboard?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I haven’t been following, does it have passengers onboard?

Just staff and crew. I think it’s part of their quarantine prior to starting cruising in Australia in June 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Just staff and crew. I think it’s part of their quarantine prior to starting cruising in Australia in June 

Also, under the current protocols in the US, their long cruises end up with covid spreading, so not a great way for a new ship to announce itself in Brisbane. The crew doesn't really need to quarantine for arrival, just need to return negative tests, although easy to sort this while crossing the Pacific. They couldn't really plan an itinerary either, as many of the usual ports are still closed.

Pacific Encounter & Pacific Adventure will also head this way without passengers. It will be interesting to see how it goes with the passenger carrying ships when they start arriving in October.

• Thanks 1