Princess Cruises introduces all-inclusive Premier Package

dides

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

But that does not generate new customers,  which is far more important in the mid to long term. And, younger cruisers,  spend more on board than "old timers" like us !

And how many new customers will switch to Princess because only Princess has a lottery that entering (and winning) depends on an adult opening the cabin door while at sea?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Does any one know if you have a drink package and the drink/wine by the glass you order is priced above the limit for your package if you pay full price or just the difference?  For example, I have the middle package where drinks $12 and under are included,but the glass of wine you want is $15.  Will you pay the $15 or the price difference of $3.  

I looked on the Princess site and couldn't find where this was addressed.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

Does any one know if you have a drink package and the drink/wine by the glass you order is priced above the limit for your package if you pay full price or just the difference?  For example, I have the middle package where drinks $12 and under are included,but the glass of wine you want is $15.  Will you pay the $15 or the price difference of $3.  

Thanks!

According to the Terms & Conditions it is still just the addtional..for now anyway,

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

(Click on View Plus Beverage Package Terms and Conditions)

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

Thanks!

On my February cruise on the Emerald, I ordered a $13 glass of wine several times and I was charged $1.18 (the difference plus 18% gratuity).  Who knows if that policy will change though with this new two drink package option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, Ombud said:

I've already suggested that they cut the 15 per day drinks to 10. Tired of drunken fools onboard. The way I see it: 2 lattes, unlimited drip coffee or tea, 3 sodas or waters, still leaves 5 booze. Maybe that adjustment is next?? Then a few will pay $$$

Especially since Carnival Cruises just announced it's increase. That was $1 per day across the board. 

I can easily drink 15 beers in a day and still pass a sobriety test. Never was a speed drinker, but can do a marathon. What's next, Only 1 trip thru the buffet line, 15min for a poolchair, dinner time limits, 1 show per sailing? Who"s to call for others privileges be curtailed for your benefit? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I can easily drink 15 beers in a day and still pass a sobriety test. Never was a speed drinker, but can do a marathon. What's next, Only 1 trip thru the buffet line, 15min for a poolchair, dinner time limits, 1 show per sailing? Who"s to call for others privileges be curtailed for your benefit? 

15 on a sea day is pretty easy far too many lightweights about.

Can use 5 at dinner, Sig cocktail, 2 glasses of wine, port with the cheese and a double to finish.

Sticking to beer 1 every 30-40mins is not unreasonable with some of the bottles. 10am to 10pm that's 18+

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smilesonfaces said:

Hopefully you are right and the cocktails won’t go over the $12 mark. We went on P & O last year and only fairly basic cocktails were included in the package.All you get with over the  package priced drinks with them is a 20% reduction. I just hope Princess aren’t going down the same way.  I have not seen anything official about still allowing customers to pay just the difference plus tax but hopefully this is the case.

I have been through drinks menus looking at prices and there just seems so few drinks priced between $12 and $18 that I can’t see people buying the new package unless it is a short cruise or many drinks go over $12? The cynic in me I guess ! 

The menu is only for basic mixed drinks made with basic liquors. If you want them made with a higher priced bourbon then say Buffalo Trace e Makers Mark then it will not fit under the limit   Also there are many wines that they can sell by the glass much higher than $12

Edited by memoak
Add

4 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Thanks!

Up until at least January, you could just pay the difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

I fully recognize that it also depends on the individual's BMI but I still say "want more than 10? Buy Princess Premier"

Edited by Ombud

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I fully recognize that it also depends on the individual's BMI but I still say "want more than 10? Buy Princess Premium"

I don't foresee Princess limiting the number of drinks to less than 15 drinks a day.  Their closest competitor, Celebrity has no limit on the number per day.  Nor do RCL or NCL.  Of the lines that do have a limit on the number of drinks, I'm not aware of any that are less than 15.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, caribill said:

Some points from the Princess webinar yesterday.

o The Princess Plus package at $40/day/person has been extremely popular. That is how we know it will be popular at $50/person/day.

o The unlimited digital photos is "in the MedallionClass App." No mention made of how to get this benefit if you do not have a device that is supported by the app.

o For the door portal promotion, the winnings are available in the MedallionClass App. No mention made of how to access your winnings (one in 5 spins wins) if you do not have a device that is supported by the app.

o The current "Princess Savers" fare will be renamed "Princess Standard." (My guess is that having the word "savers" encourages people to not book the higher fares that include a package. The word "standard" may evoke an impression of not as good a product as it could be and thus encourage booking with a package.)

o PrincessPlus name remains the same, but the tag line will change from "Best. Value. Ever." to "Our 'Better' Value."

o The Plus beverage package name does change to "Plus Beverage Package," but it is a name change only. What is included does not change.

o TAs who set up groups with PrincessPlus by May 24 can sell their bookings in that group with the Plus Package cost of $40/day/person past the May 25th date when the regular price changes to $50/day/person.

o Anyone who has the Plus package at $40/day/person needs to know that that price is not protected if the booking is refared after May 24th.

o At $75/day/person, for a seven day cruise the cost is $525/person but has a "value" of $1092.

o One who has booked a cruise can later upgrade to either Plus or Premier packages. This can be done either via a TA or by the customer using the App (and the upcharge will be commissionable even if done via the App).

o The current "Princess Savers" fare will be renamed "Princess Standard." (My guess is that having the word "savers" encourages people to not book the higher fares that include a package. The word "standard" may evoke an impression of not as good a product as it could be and thus encourage booking with a package.)

o PrincessPlus name remains the same, but the tag line will change from "Best. Value. Ever." to "Our 'Better' Value."

o The Plus beverage package name does change to "Plus Beverage Package," but it is a name change only. What is included does not change.

o TAs who set up groups with PrincessPlus by May 24 can sell their bookings in that group with the Plus Package cost of $40/day/person past the May 25th date when the price changes to $50/day/person.

o Anyone who has the Plus package at $40/day/person needs to know that that price is not protected if the booking is refared after May 24th.

o At $75/day/person, for a seven day cruise the cost is $525/person but has a "value" of $1092.

o One can book a cruise later upgrade to either Plus or Premier packages. This can be done either via aTA or by the customer using the App (and the upcharge will be commissionable even if done via the App).

o Package upgrades can be done for all passengers in a cabin, the first two passengers, or the 3rd and 4th passengers.

o To reward for their loyalty to Princess about 100 TAs who recently booked a cruise at TA rates and had included the current Plus package, Princess will upgrade that package to the Premier Package at no additional cost. (No such reward for loyalty for regular Princess passengers.)

So per the last bullet point those who booked with these TAs get upgraded to the Premier package automatically, while those who booked with Princess direct will not??  So wrong!!

3 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

So per the last bullet point those who booked with these TAs get upgraded to the Premier package automatically, while those who booked with Princess direct will not??  So wrong!!

I believe that is for TA's that booked cruises for themselves at TA rates, not clients of the TA's

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Princess is throwing a bone to about 100 individual travel agents as a loyalty incentive to the travel agents who booked themselves for a cruise, not the clients of the travel agents.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trabadeer said:

I just made final payment on my August 22 European cruise. My receipt lists a "premier beverage package" for each guest, (booked through crown cruise) so is this the higher level drink package then? 

No, the Princess Plus drink package used to be called Premier Beverage Package as well.  The new higher level package is not yet available for purchase (until May 25).  I'm not sure what Princess was thinking naming the new package the same as the old.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trabadeer said:

I just made final payment on my August 22 European cruise. My receipt lists a "premier beverage package" for each guest, (booked through crown cruise) so is this the higher level drink package then? 

Nope that is the verbiage they have always used

46 minutes ago, Trabadeer said:

43 minutes ago, prmssk said:

No, the Princess Plus drink package used to be called Premier Beverage Package as well.  The new higher level package is not yet available for purchase (until May 25).  I'm not sure what Princess was thinking naming the new package the same as the old.

No. But since you are sailing after June 25th (when the new package goes into effect) you CAN upgrade to it for $25pp/day if you want to. You would be able to upgrade starting on May 25th when the package will become available for purchase as @prmssksaid above. 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Trabadeer said:

On Princess site they now make reference to Plus and Premier beverage packages

Plus lists 50 spirits, 25 wines by the glass, 25 beers, all specialty coffees & non- alcoholic drinks.

Premier Selection of 75+ spirits, 40+ wines by the glass, 20+ high-end, crafted cocktails. They also list some of the high end wines and spirits, so hopefully Plus drinks will stay under $12.

21 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

On Princess site they now make reference to Plus and Premier beverage packages

Plus lists 50 spirits, 25 wines by the glass, 25 beers, all specialty coffees & non- alcoholic drinks.

Premier Selection of 75+ spirits, 40+ wines by the glass, 20+ high-end, crafted cocktails. They also list some of the high end wines and spirits, so hopefully Plus drinks will stay under $12.

My guess is that the new promotion will be welcomed by those who want the high priced wines by the glass and ship photos. The current offerings are fine by us and we haven’t bought a ships photo for at least 15 years

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

No. The last point was saying that about 100 TAs who had booked cruises for themselves with the current package would get the free upgrade. It did not apply toiany of their customers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trabadeer said:

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

A little chronological history lesson:

In the beginning, there was nothing but a bar tab.  In time, Princess added various beverage packages and the most expensive and (almost) all-inclusive one was called the Premier Beverage Package.

In terms of selling cruises, Princess used to run a variety of promotions over the course of a year and it was pretty well known when each one came.  Each guest had their favorite - or favorites - and would wait for those to book.  One such popular sales promotion came along in the summer period and was called Sip&Sail.  That sales promo meant if you booked a voyage when that was active, you got the Premier Beverage Package included in the cruise fare.  Another popular one was 3-For-Free, which did not include the Beverage package. 

Then, Princess completely changed their approach to selling cruises and discontinued those annual promotions and created two fares - SAVER and PLUS.  Saver was/is the basic, no-frills fare - albeit they do offer some extra goodies at times such as some OBC, a Specialty Dining credit, etc.  The other was/is the PLUS which includes some things that everyone needs (Crew Incentive, many need (Internet), and quite a few want (Drinks).  They bundled in the Premier Drink Package, but never touched the name of it.

Coming very soon is a new cruise fare category - PREMIER - while still keeping the PLUS and the SAVER.  The SAVER is renamed to STANDARD.  The PLUS retains the old drink package, while the PREMIER gets a whole new drink package interestingly called PREMIER (matching the cruise fare promo).  

This is creating temporary confusion because the new program is not yet live and Princess did not immediately rename the old PREMIER package to PLUS, but we can expect this change to work its way through the System.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, abqmommyof4 said:

will  the photo package be available to buy  separately?  DH and I don't drink a lot of the high priced  drinks, and really are only interested in the unlimited photos

PCL has always offered various photo packages.  No one posts about those much at all here.  Not very exciting I suppose.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

PCL has always offered various photo packages.  No one posts about those much at all here.  Not very exciting I suppose.

sure they  have  the 5 and  10 picture one,   in the past  we  purchased the all inclusive picture package,  which we throughly enjoyed